So Bloomanoo and Peneloopee

in Living World

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Didn’t these two just escape from Kessex?? Why did they return there? Obviously they are aware that their home was destroyed. I would totally donate some gold to these two if it would find them a comfy quaggan nest instead of to that hobo Drooburt (who looks like he tried to snuggle with some vines). Rage cooo

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Hopefully they will die getting strangled by vines.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I hate the little buggers, so I’ve never paid TOO much attention to them, but I believe they escaped to Lion’s Arch after the Tower of Nightmares. And, well, we know how things turned out there. Maybe they returned to Kessex because it was familiar when LA went kaput, or maybe its just on the way to wherever they’re going.

Or maybe the devs just throw them in wherever because they can and since its been a while they decided to use them here. Better Kessex than Dry Top at least.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Patience. About a week to go…

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If Bloomanoo and Peneloopee die, WORLDS WILL BURN. >:(

in Living World

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

In a thread a while ago, someone asked about what happened to peneloopee and bloomanoo, and an Anet staff member wrote back saying they escaped lions arch and were on their way to divinities reach, or someplace like that. Might have been fort salma.

This shows they weren’t shoehorned at least.

Maybe peneloopee and Bloomanoo will be the First Family, and breed a tribe of Quaggan that will rise up and join the sentient races in the fight against the elder dragons (thus becoming a playable race)?

I would laugh so hard!

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

They said that the couple was heading to Kessex Hills, which obviously turned out to be right.

I think they’re annoying, but they must have some sort of “fan base” if they keep them around.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

Why would they be annoying?

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It’s just part of their make up I guess.

The whole “we talk slow and childish” Quaggan thing works well enough for cute, cheerful bits (which grow old fast enough too), but while coo-ing their depressing story these two just sound so whiny and useless.

It might not be fair, but the moment I heard them in the story at Kessex Hills I felt so annoyed. shrug

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Why would they be annoying?

All Quaggans are annoying and stupid.

in Living World

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

I love these two. I hear a lot of Debbie Downers in this thread, so I just wanted to say to ANET… Quaggans are great. I’m glad they aren’t the only race in the game… but I love them.

in Living World

Posted by: darkfiremew.5937

darkfiremew.5937

Rant
I just hope that they find their happy place to settle and be done with their story. I just want their travels to be over, bring in some new blood here. Finish Hero-tron’s saga as well while you’re at it, get the mysterious GW1 litch and finish her story as well. Just for the fun of it emerge all of these apparently loose plot threads and unite them to make a new one while finishing the old ones. A gag is funny up until a point you know.
Rant

in Living World

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Just to say, as someone who’s surname is Blooman – i’m hoping Bloomanoo takes over the world

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I can almost imagine what they will be saying of next update.

“Can yoOou spare anything for a quaggan down on quaggan’s luck? Please. quaggan is only guilty of poor decision-making.”

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

These two seem to foreshadow catastrophies. We should watch out for them because wherever they turn up, something will happen soon!

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I was happy to see they were okay. They’re more adorable than a puppy explosion in a teddy bear factory. Why all the hate? Their only crime is being quaggans in loooooooove.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Didn’t these two just escape from Kessex?? Why did they return there?

They escaped Kessex Hills and went to LA and then Scarlet showed up, so with nowhere else to go they decided to try Kessex Hill again and then Mordy attacked…

These two seem to foreshadow catastrophies. We should watch out for them because wherever they turn up, something will happen soon!

Cry havok and let slip the Quaggans of war!

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

While i am not a true fan of this cooouple. I had actually found a soulmate in drooburt, however short, guess some poor decision making on my part… :P

But I do see a need for them, and personally I hope they will bring in more of these ‘stand ins’. Why? Because from my point of view there are in a sense representing the impact of what happened to a lot of NPCs whom unfortunately can not all be featured.

They embody all the NPCs that can’t or don’t have a voice, and because they stand out so much, and people somewhat know them by now, they can give those people a voice. The people in Kessex that got displaced upon that giant tree revealing itself, that fled in horror to LA, only to find it under attack not long there after. To then also representing all those that fled from LA, being ‘somewhere’, to then too, be hit by the appearance of Mordremoth.

I mean, I read a lot of critism as to how various changes in the LS do not effect the actual world. And one of the best (and unfortunately currently only) ways to show how the ‘innocent’ world is effected, are these two. And now those aren’t good either?

At some points i can see why Anet at times just does what pleases them, regardless of the lashes (because no matter what they do there are always lashes to be had so it seems). In this regard i am reminded of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFugRFKqjFg
(though i happen to know the chorus from a ‘featured by’)

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

At some points i can see why Anet at times just does what pleases them, regardless of the lashes (because no matter what they do there are always lashes to be had so it seems).

You can’t design by comittee, or you end up with purely metrics driven entertainment without a soul. As a designer or artist you have to keep your audience in mind, but you shouldn’t let your audience dictate the end result. if they did, you’d both suffer. You’d end up with a product that you aren’t proud of, that feels unoriginal and forced, and the audience ends up with a product with little metal, emotional, or mechanical challenge that get lambasted as being predictable and derivative.

I think Anet does a good job of searching out community feedback and using it as an important part of their decision making while still retaining firm control of their vision of what GW2 should be. You’re absolutely right, you can’t please everyone nor should you try to. You should try to make the best thing possible, and sometimes your audience does have insights that you agree with (like the story presentation overhaul of the LS from lost shores until now) but ultimately the best designers use feedback as a tool, not an instruction manual.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I don’t know about you guys, but quaggan meat sounds delicious.

No wonder the krait hunt them!

in Living World

Posted by: Strali Astralis.4570

Strali Astralis.4570

If Bloomanoo and Peneloopee die, WORLDS WILL BURN. >:(

This.

in Living World

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

+1 ^ Pene & Bloom Forever!

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

in Living World

Posted by: Hellz Wind Staff.8603

Hellz Wind Staff.8603

Found them in the water in the new Lion’s arch and they have little quaggan babies.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Where? I haven’t seen them

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They are in the quaggan village in a large quaggan hut, just west of the bridge between the festival area and Fort Marriner.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Quaggan soup, and vines salad?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

If you stick around Moorookoo Village long enough, you’ll hear other quaggan refer to the pair’s adventures (among other things), and you’ll also hear a sweet lullaby sung by Peneloopee and Bloomanoo.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Oh no, Lion’s Arch is going to get destroyed again.

in Living World

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

A Happy Ending=)

Attachments:

in Living World

Milea.6043

My favorites! When I found them, saw the tadpoles, heard the lullaby… I actually cried…for real tears. LOL. I was so happy.
As far as I know, Peneloopee & Bloomanoo are the first Quaggans to raise their own Nubbles & Tadpoles. No Coddler needed here.
One of the best things: Tadpole says, “Mama, looOOook!”

~Milly
p.s. Still want an ingame Quaggan festival.

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

in Living World

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

A Happy Ending=)

Sadly Peter Fries may have a word or two to say about that, so our lovely quaggan story is not over yet…

p.s. Still want an ingame Quaggan festival.

That would indeed be cooOOool. So far all we have are the Quaggan Games to quench our thirst.

in Living World

Milea.6043

Sadly “Peter Fries may have a word or two to say about that”:

That’s it! I’m calling the Largos! They’ll protect their Quaggan Besties!
Peneloopee & Bloomanoo will be singing, “Living La Vida Largos” in no time!

~Milly