So....Caithe...(SPOILERS!!!)

in Living World

Posted by: Alma.1769

Alma.1769

At the end, it’s Caithe that actually kills the Master of Peace, before he can tell us what was so important and where he was taking the egg. It doesn’t show it clearly but from what Rox says and Marjory it appears, while he was already dying she finished him off, and yoinked the egg. Perhaps she was the one that let Mordy know about the summit. Anyone have any other observations to add?

in Living World

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

Given how Caithe was acting in the first instance, its possible she was actually Anise in disguise. But, then there’s the question of where the real Caithe was all this time, why she seemed to be perfectly fine and not attacked at all in the Labyrinth until you showed up, and why her exit was very thief like instead of Mesmer like.

I’d like to think there’s more depth to this story, but I’m finding it hard to believe that there is.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe there are clues from season 1.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

….While this is also my best guess right now…something’s still off. While she was acting shifty even before that, she was neither talking to herself nor speaking crazily like…Scarlet and Aerin were. Her “No time to explain” line was also delivered normally, implying this isn’t corruption…perhaps.

Still, with the Pale Tree down and possibly dying, perhaps Mordremoth’s either become more subtle with his control, or Caithe was just “better” at hiding the crazy.

And, there is the possibility that this was not actually Caithe, but an imposter. But so far the only two who could pull that off are either Anise or Faolain…and Faolain’s been out of the picture since Twilight Arbor.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think Caithe killed the Master of Peace. I didn’t see or hear anything in the dialogue or the scene that implied that (though I may have missed it I suppose).

I just assumed the Master died naturally during the commotion with Caithe. He was barely able to talk as it is, so pretty clearly he was going to go pretty quickly.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think Caithe killed him, I was shocked but it definitely looked that way to me. I think she’s still ‘our’ Caithe though – just one of those soap opera cliffhangers where everyone gets the wrong idea because the characters are forbidden to act normally by the writers.

Was exciting but I think it’ll be something like she had to get the egg to the Pale Tree really fast and “didn’t have time to explain” (as we’ve all seen in countless TV shows or movies).

If it turns out she’s being controlled by Mordremoth I’ll be impressed that ANet were willing to change the mentor for all Sylvari characters in such a dramatic way.

I don’t think its Anise.

in Living World

Alma.1769

Yea she was acting weird, ie : she didn’t help in final fight(might have been a bug lol), the “Don’t mind me.” during the episode and in the labyrinth she hesitated at the " I lost them" excuse. As to the Master, yes he was definitely fading and fast however he had something to tell us yet, and she leapt in JUST as he nears the punchline.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Could it be The Mysterious Stanger you can see hanging around actually replaced Caithe when everyone got lost in the labyrinthe?

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

#BurntheGrove2014

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Posted by: ThaSlayer.8573

ThaSlayer.8573

The Caithe with us was actually Canach in disguise to retrieve the egg for Anise/Livia, relating to the White Mantle and Mursaat since theyre suppose to play a part as well. That would be quite alot of kitten lore people would be excited for.

Perhaps? dun dun duuuun?

in Living World

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

The Caithe with us was actually Canach in disguise to retrieve the egg for Anise/Livia, relating to the White Mantle and Mursaat since theyre suppose to play a part as well. That would be quite alot of kitten lore people would be excited for.

Perhaps? dun dun duuuun?

No, that would be impossible. That would be too interesting of a twist.

in Living World

Posted by: Waya.2089

Waya.2089

I wonder Pale tree is one of the Mordremoth champion and she act just like Glint.
So when Mordremoth awake, it come to kill Pale tree,just like Kralkatorrik killed Glint.
Pale tree was dying,but not dead yet. She need to do something with Glint’s help.
and that why she need Glint’s egg.
Caithe did this for her.

wonder….

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Something that i see a lot of people haven’t noticed since the last LS.
Caithe’s Blossom (the ascended accessory u get from the previous LS) has this quote under it: “I’m done with your games, and I’m finished with you. I am not your dearheart.”

I don’t think it’s related to Faolin. I think it’s related to the Pale Tree. This is what made me expect something bad from her ever since the last LS..but i wasn’t expecting it this fast.

Anyway….kids…what did we learn from GW2 today? Preemptive deforestation is a good thing! <and the kids go yaaaaay>

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

and why her exit was very thief like instead of Mesmer like.

Caithe is a thief.

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Something that i see a lot of people haven’t noticed since the last LS.
Caithe’s Blossom (the ascended accessory u get from the previous LS) has this quote under it: “I’m done with your games, and I’m finished with you. I am not your dearheart.”

I don’t think it’s related to Faolin. I think it’s related to the Pale Tree. This is what made me expect something bad from her ever since the last LS..but i wasn’t expecting it this fast.

Anyway….kids…what did we learn from GW2 today? Preemptive deforestation is a good thing! <and the kids go yaaaaay>

Then there was the quote from Scarlet on the backpiece: “You’ll see Caithe, Tyria needs me.”

My money is on the more obvious plot line. It is the real Caithe, she has a plan for the egg, it’s for the good of Tyria but she didn’t want to tell us in case we tried to stop her. I also think that the dear heart would be Faolin, as it is her signature line. The Pale Tree would refer to Caithe as “child”.

in Living World

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Personally, I think it’s still the real Caithe. I don’t think Caithe’s been corrupted by Mordy. I think the PC needs to gather up DE2.0 and the 3 remaining members of DE1.0 and visit the Pale Tree with a couple of torches. The avatar of the Pale Tree might be slipping in and out of consciousness but I’m surprised that the player character isn’t kittened off with all the secrecy around the leaders of Tyria at this point – the PC is basically the one who orchestrated the fall of Zhaitan, saved Lion’s Arch and put an end to Scarlet.

At this point, your PC should be able to flash a kittening badge and have the honorary ability to kick in Jennah’s teeth or take an axe to the Pale Tree.

It sort of reminds me of how much I enjoyed seeing my PC evolve during Guild Wars 1. In Prophecies you were played the fool, in Factions you were always one step behind and in Nightfall you were going against incredible odds. EotN comes around and you’re pretty solid but it’s not until WiK/WoC dialogue that your character really begins to sink into their heroism since they saved the world thrice over. It’s the kind of character growth I’d expect to see in the future, as your character does more heroic deeds to have a personality reflecting that.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

in Living World

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

It has been hinted through season 1 and 2 that Caithe has a secret. What I can remember off the top of my head is that Scarlet knew it and Caithe will tell it to us ‘’when the time is right’’ or something like that. Obviously this egg stealing is part of her secret and she has to do something with it, and it will probably be for a good cause. And no, she hasn’t been corrupted.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Living World

Rebound.3409

Well…whatever it is, let’s hope it’s more then a 20 min story.

in Living World

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

She said “no time to explain” and then you hear the dagger “dink” attack sound she defintely killed him and took the egg, SH E TOOK MY EGG MY PET DRAGON TO BE, ROOBED, THE kitten, SHE WILL PAY FOR THIS.

This is no longer just about saving the world and stuff, this is personal, the only person who deserves a freaking pet dragon is me…
I was planning to rule the world with my pet dragon and my army of skritt pirates and I will not have my dream taken away from me (sob!).
And I do not even care why she did it it’s mine and you do not take my stuff even if you are my older sister.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

She said “no time to explain” and then you hear the dagger “dink” attack sound she defintely killed him and took the egg, SH E TOOK MY EGG MY PET DRAGON TO BE, ROOBED, THE kitten, SHE WILL PAY FOR THIS.

So you both want to be the mother of dragons? But there is only one Khaleesi, Khaleesi.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

can somebody explain me this conversation:
PC: Maybe you should help me and Rox find the Aspect Masters.
Caithe: Three humans who are used to flying around on ships are going to leave a trail a mile wide.
PC: What if the ships leave without you?
Caithe: Then I won’t be going with them. Is that a problem?
PC: Not for me.

I really have no idea what are they talking about.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Caithe: Three humans who are used to flying around on ships are going to leave a trail a mile wide.

We ask caithe if she watns to join the PC and Rox, caithe then comments that people who are used to travel by air will be easily tracked down. the PC then asks what caithe wil do if the rest of destiny’s edge leave without her (the frist conversation you ahd with them that isntace mentioned them preparing to leave). To which caithe says she simply wont be going with them then.

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Agreed, I didn’t understand about this either. I had absolutely no idéa what’s up with this conversation...
Maybe Caithe was one of the Ships’ captain along with the other members of the Destiny’s Edge and were going to attack Mordremoth’s minions?
I’d like to know about this too...

My first thought about the ending this time is that Master of Peace died from the Mordremoth’s Champion boss so Caithe did not killed him.
She did acted really strange this time and she has been so weird ever since we arrived to the Silverwastes land.
My thought is that Caithe might be somehow brainwashed, controlled by Mordremoth.
OR, she has to do something with the Glint’s egg that she don’t have the time to explain to us, yet, that has to be reaaaallyyyy important.
I am really exciting about the next story...
It just getting better and better..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

(edited by Alga.6498)

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

@dsslive: well that was very badly written, imo.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

@dsslive: well that was very badly written, imo.

Not really, i had no problem figuring out that dialoigue when you’ve just talked to the rest of Destiny’s Edge and know their plans.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

At the end, it’s Caithe that actually kills the Master of Peace, before he can tell us what was so important and where he was taking the egg.

I don’t think so. I can, however implausibly, see my character being trusting enough to give her the benefit of the doubt regarding taking the egg. I can’t see that happening if she murders its keeper in full view of everyone.

At any rate, it didn’t look that way to me in the cutscene.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Perhaps? dun dun duuuun?

Canach isn’t a mesmer, and he was close by when Caithe was following us in the camp. I’m guessing it’s Anise herself.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So Caithe was really Anise who is really Evennia.

in Living World

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Canach looked like a warrior to me

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The Aspect Masters are Zephyrites who normally travel via ships. They are not hunters, trackers, soldier or thieves skilled in surviving in the wild.

These sentences are saying that the Aspect Masters will be easy to track because they don’t have the skills to hide their presence. Tracking someone like Caithe or Canach would be difficult because of their skill sets, skills that the Aspect Masters likely don’t possess. The ships refered to in this quote are the Zephyrite ships that crashed.

The second half of Season 2 is supposed to be about points of no return. If you talk to NPCs around the Pact camp (Trahearne specifically I believe) they mention that the ground assault taking place in the Silverwastes is not the full plan. The Pact plans to attack from the air.

I believe the problem people are having with this part of the quote is that the ships refered to in this sentence are different from the ones mentioned by Caithe before. The PC isn’t asking about Zephyrite ships leaving without her, the PC is asking about the Pact ships leaving to attack Mordremoth without Caithe.

The discussion was clumsily written because it’s not clear that the ships being talked about are two different sets of ships.

in Living World

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

When you meet with Destiny’s Edge before you go egg hunting it’s mentioned that Glint didn’t say anything about an egg to them. Maybe that statement isn’t completely true when it comes to Caithe. Glint did have a habit of knowing what little details need to happen to pull off a particular result down the road.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in Living World

Posted by: ThaSlayer.8573

ThaSlayer.8573

Well obviously Canach would have been disguised thru Anise’s magic, it wouldnt be the first time she mesmered someone else. Plus the dialouge she had wasn’t very Caitheish. And who else better to act like Caithe then Canach?

in Living World

Jimmy JimBob.2801

If its someone else masquerading as Caithe it does explain why she wasn’t with the others at FT, however I think it’s more likely to be the Mysterious Stranger who replaced her when everyone was split up and captured in the Labyrinthe than anyone else. Maybe its Malyck?

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

She doesn’t kill him though? She flips over them and steals the egg. Also, by the tone of her voice and the “no tiem to explain”, I think it’s clear she has knowledge that the others don’t and all these theories about her going rogue are way off base imo.

I believe she is VERY much so still an ally.

in Living World

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Maybe there are clues from season 1.

scarlet refers to caithes “little secret” in twilight arbour. this is probably directly tied to this. im also hoping its going to be a big part of why scarlet did what she did because it disapoints me that she said right before she died “dont you want to know why i did this” if she only did it cos she was corrupted.

maybe caithe will become the new dragon by sacrificing herself or something like that, something she believes you would never let her do. in fact this really probably is it….

maybe thats why scarlet specifically tries to kill her in Twilight Arbour with a trap. maybe she really was just corrupted and was trying to prevent another super power from rising.

yep, ive convinced myself, caithe is going to have to die, shes been prepared for this all along, she knew this was how she was going to die.

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Caithe is E. She’s the one that gave the Master of Peace the Egg in the first place.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Alma.1769

Ok so…I found a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqBoNO2Q7EY.
I guess I really need to update my computer. So in this video NO she doesnt kill the Master, I misinterpreted what I saw. With my computer it appeared she shadowstepped to him then the cutscene happened however with my lag I only saw her pick up egg and go. It looked like it was implied she leapt in and then hijacked the egg. According to what this video showed and apparently what most others players see is definitely not as sinister. She’s just a no good rotten eggnapper.

in Living World

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Caithe is a woman that is very hard to read
she was always thinking what to do with her live

sometimes she wanna go back to her love and join the nightmare
so yea its hard to figure her out atm

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

And now this on the GW2 facebook page:

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Gonna spray her with some Weed-B-Gone.

in Living World

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

And who will vanish next? Zojja, Eir or Logan?

in Living World

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

The only thing I can think if it really is Caithe is that she knows a way to somehow heal the Pale Tree using the egg. And with that photo, possibly at the expense of her own life.

That said, I felt she was acting strangely during this episode, particularly at the fort, so who knows at this point.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Living World

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Same picture with the phrase No Tiem to Explain would be hilarious

in Living World

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

To be perfectly honest, I think Caithe was craving an omelet.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Living World

Posted by: tributepandus.6304

tributepandus.6304

I feel that Caithe took the egg out of a sense of responsibility to what happened to the Master, and the Pale Tree. She feels by bearing the burden of protection, she can someway make amends to all those involved…..if Anise is involved, she may have tricked Caithe to getting the egg, somehow thinking it will save the Pale Tree and stop Mordremoth from attacking..

The best rifleman comes not from raising the rifle out of fear, but pulling the trigger despite it.

(edited by tributepandus.6304)

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

We’ll need to come up with catchphrases for them. Rytlock’s journey has only just begun, and Caithe will bear somebody’s pain. What about the others?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I hope she has gone rogue, and maybe even Trahearne, would love to turn them into firewood, all sylvari really.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Living World

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

I hope she has gone rogue, and maybe even Trahearne, would love to turn them into firewood, all sylvari really.

yes and I want to roast all you meat sacks over a open fire.

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

in Living World

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

We’ll need to come up with catchphrases for them. Rytlock’s journey has only just begun, and Caithe will bear somebody’s pain. What about the others?

I really hope the whole edge of destiny will go rogue and we have to kill them. Would be finally something really good.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

I really hope the whole edge of destiny will go rogue and we have to kill them. Would be finally something really good.

…Traherne