So, Kasmeer's scratch

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Been a topic of some discussion lately. General thinking was that, if it did mean anything, she was going to die or need saving from Canach

But what if it wasn’t happenstance, but something dormant that Scarlet could later use for leverage?

I could just see Scarlet using Kasmeer’s condition to demand that Destiny’s Edge 2 stand down and let her get away with something, or even help her.

Scarlet: All right, I’ve heard enough. Would you explain to these foot soldiers why they’re going to do what I tell them to do?

Marjory: What’s she talking about?

Aetherblade 1: The Toxic Spore venom.

Aetherblade 2: Improved from the version you saw the Tower of Nightmares. 100% pure death.

Aetherblade 1: It starts with a slight headache, then turns into a hallucinations that gets worse and worse. After a short time, you crash. You bleed out like a stuck pig. Not a pretty sight.

Kasmeer: I get it. You figure that you inject that poison into me, and under the threat of death, I’ll do whatever you say…

Aetherblade 1: You got it, Meade!

Marjory: One question: which one of you kittens gets to die trying to stick her?

Aetherblade 1: You don’t understand. It’s already in her.

Kasmeer looks down at the scar from the Tower.

Aetherblade 2: Catches on quick, doesn’t she?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A plausible theory, but if anybody harms Kasmeer, Marjory’s fury has NOTHING compared to the wrath I will bring down on their heads. >: (

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Kasmeer hasn’t really done much but to try and be eye candy. I would laugh if she died, would definitely make the story more interesting too >:D

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

INB4 large guild wars 2 funeral.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

A plausible theory, but if anybody harms Kasmeer, Marjory’s fury has NOTHING compared to the wrath I will bring down on their heads. >: (

You mean the space they previous occupied as they once again eluded yours and Marjory’s wrath through some device Scarlet has hidden for just such an occasion.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

kasmeer was cut pre antidote.. it makes no sense she would be in any type of harm from it whatsoever.. and even if new refined poison activates older cured toxin you would still need exposure to new poison making it an entirely redundant concept

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Stop wanting for characters to die already…

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If Kasmeer dies I am suing for emotional distress.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I’m not convinced it’ll happen, but this isn’t a terrible theory. The scratch is a bit of a Chekov’s gun.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Been a topic of some discussion lately. General thinking was that, if it did mean anything, she was going to die or need saving from Canach

But what if it wasn’t happenstance, but something dormant that Scarlet could later use for leverage?

Snake Plisken is always poisoned and forced to do the work of the president

I could just see Scarlet using Kasmeer’s condition to demand that Destiny’s Edge 2 stand down and let her get away with something, or even help her.

Scarlet: All right, I’ve heard enough. Would you explain to these foot soldiers why they’re going to do what I tell them to do?

Aetherblade 2: Improved from the version you saw the Tower of Nightmares. 100% pure death.

Aetherblade 1: It starts with a slight headache, then turns into a hallucinations that gets worse and worse. After a short time, you crash. You bleed out like a stuck pig. Not a pretty sight.

Kasmeer: I get it. You figure that you inject that poison into me, and under the threat of death, I’ll do whatever you say…

Marjory: One question: which one of you kittens gets to die trying to stick her?

This actually matchs the “Escape from LA” movie plot perfectly. I really love this if they worked this in.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Snake Plisken is always poisoned and forced to do the work of the president

This actually matchs the “Escape from LA” movie plot perfectly. I really love this if they worked this in.

Wait wait wait! Now Kasmeer is Snake Plisskin? That’s kind of a let down.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Land of the free….

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I admit I’d like that plot twist if Canach redeemed himself by saving Kasmeer’s life. Of all the important Sylvari characters in the story, Canach is the only one I actually care about.

I hope they don’t kill anyone from the living story though, at least not so soon. The new cast of characters kind of grew on me, and I’d like to do more story stuff with them. Besides, my personal story is full of interesting characters that die, I’d like those new ones to stay on their feet for a little while.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Im so confused… I have no idea who canach is, apart from some guy in prison for something that happened in southun O.o

I didnt miss a single southsun story :o

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Don’t worry, Marjory already sucked the poison out. Kasmeer was only pretending so she’d get some ‘action’.

;)

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: kalzana.3192

kalzana.3192

Kasmeer’s mean to Sylvari.. she can go :P

“She’s a sylvari. She can’t be that smart” (Wintersday)
+ A comment in Study in Scarlet that would be a spoiler

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Kasmeer hasn’t really done much but to try and be eye candy.

She broke through the illusion that has hidden the toxic tower from everyone. That alone is a rather huge accomplishment imo.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Darkbattlemage.9612

Kasmeer hasn’t really done much but to try and be eye candy.

She broke through the illusion that has hidden the toxic tower from everyone. That alone is a rather huge accomplishment imo.

Breaking illusions is a rather easy task for any mesmer with a little bit of talent. Now if she was an warrior or thief, who don’t use magic, then we can say it a big accomplishment.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@OP: Would be a nice plot twist, except for one fatal flaw:

Kasmeer got scratched before Scarlet can make the stronger toxin. She left the tower with the antitoxin (seen later in her lab) and used the antitoxin she stole ot make it stronger. E.g., nothing in Tower of Nightmares had the “stronger toxin”.

So if toxins got into Kasmeer, it was the weaker, curable, version.

Im so confused… I have no idea who canach is, apart from some guy in prison for something that happened in southun O.o

Apparently you did, since Canach was the primary antagonist of Secret of Southsun/Last Stand at Southsun, as well as a secondary antagonist of The Lost Shores.

If you did any Southsun story, you should know Canach, because he was a central figure in all of them.

Breaking illusions is a rather easy task for any mesmer with a little bit of talent. Now if she was an warrior or thief, who don’t use magic, then we can say it a big accomplishment.

That would explain why all other spellcasters couldn’t even tell that it was a mesmer illusion, let alone dispell it. Not even Marjory.

Just because a typical mesmer can use illusions, doesn’t mean they can dispell others’ illusions, anyways. You have no support for your claim. You’re just pulling it out of your kitten .

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Apparently you did, since Canach was the primary antagonist of Secret of Southsun/Last Stand at Southsun, as well as a secondary antagonist of The Lost Shores.

If you did any Southsun story, you should know Canach, because he was a central figure in all of them.

I’m playing since the free trial weekend when The Lost Shores released, and I’ve always thought I’ve participated in everything there was to it. Yet, when Secret of Southsun released, I was like “Who the f… is Canach?”. I’ve never seen, read or heard any clue about him even existing during The Lost Shores. I’ve only found in the wiki, that there actually was some stuff with him… but I have no idea how we should have known that, as it wasn’t part of the release notes or anything as far as I can remember. The only things that were told to us were the times in the evenings when the Karka attacked and when we would strike back. Not a single word about Canach.

That would explain why all other spellcasters couldn’t even tell that it was a mesmer illusion, let alone dispell it. Not even Marjory.

Just because a typical mesmer can use illusions, doesn’t mean they can dispell others’ illusions, anyways. You have no support for your claim. You’re just pulling it out of your kitten .

I second this.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Hope it met your expectations.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by Moderator)

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Darkbattlemage.9612

Actually it does mean they could dispel another mesmer’s illusion, if they are talented as I said. Now I agree a Mesmer who is failing their classes wouldn’t be capable of shattering an illusion, but I never implied these would be capable of dispelling the illusion or even to know it was there in the first place. Why a mesmer would have no difficulty in dispelling a illusion such as the one Kasmeer shattered is because they have an understanding of how illusions work and the spell wasn’t being actively maintained by a mesmer (to my knowledge anyways). Since it was an enchantment placed upon the cave the spell was static, meaning its perimeters were already predetermined prior to its placement. Kasmeer or any other mesmer had to do was simply locate any flaw or weakness within the enchantment’s illusion and apply “pressure” there with their power.

The reason why none of the player mesmers could detect the spell can be explained through two reasons. The first is they weren’t actively scanning the area for anomalies and thus overlooked the cave. The second is because Anet wanted Kasmeer to appear important and thus made it where only she could detect and break the illusion.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Kasmeer had to break the illusion because I was busy elsewhere at the time.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Wait… there’s a Southsun story? I went down there and all I got was a really bad case of crabs — and a lousy tee shirt.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Wait, where did this dialog come from? Did I miss something?

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

It’s gonna be something like Destiny’s Edge 2.0 has cornered Scarlet, with Rox wanting to kill her. But then, Scarlet mentions that only she can make the cure for Kasmeer, or something. Then Rox and Braham have a little spat about friendship and warbands and trusting evil salads, to which Canach shows up and says that everyone deserves a second chance. Then they decide to give Scarlet a chance, she laughs and says that curing Kasmeer is impossible and somehow gets away with our characters giving chase, having an epic boss battle ending with us killing her because she was OUR personal nemesis. Rox is kittened that Rytlock won’t let her in his warband because SHE didn’t kill Scarlet, Marjory is kittened that Rox cared more about that than Kasmeer’s death, Braham is kittened because friendship, Taimi is kittened because her wheelchair golem broke, and Canach is a sad salad. Then we get 5 more dungeon LIVING story modes for Destiny’s Edge 2.0 drama.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Deified, Perilisk wrote that as an example. It came from his/her head. The “I could just see” part right above it makes that clear, imo.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: aequitas.5694

aequitas.5694

Lots of text

Did you and I read the same “spoilers”? If so, I prefer this story to the one that many other people are trying to promote.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

@AcidicVisions

Going to go with spoiler tags in case it’s true, but…

I dunno, I have a lot of trouble believing they’d kill a cool and lovable character like Taimi, you’d think they learned something after killing our beloved mentors in the personal story…

Also, if Anise is dead and so is Scarlet (because they promised Scarlet would die), it breaks the human personal story.

I agree that Kasmeer does have the potential to pull an Aerith, so while I hope they don’t kill a member of DE2.0 so soon, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen. But the rest of the story sounds fake. Not saying it is, maybe it’s true, but it does sound fake.

So, Kasmeer's scratch

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Wait, where did this dialog come from? Did I miss something?

Escape from LA (the movie), more or less.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam