So.. SAB

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

The silence from arenanet’s part is killing me, i guess i am not the only one that would like to get a hint or not if we will have available SAB for the next month.

Has been 6months since last time with world 2 added, how is world 3 doing, can we expect to adventure again this awesome game (into a game :P )

1st of April comes closer and closer and here i wait impatiently, maybe i will get dissapointed in the end, but still i have faith into arenanet

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They never announce April Fools things.
Since that would defeat the whole point of them.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

So.. SAB

in Living World

Vissarion.6509

Still “Back to school” was announced a week before the update.

Right now there are no news at all, like what new things to expect, or maybe new rewards, or anything that will come with it… :P

So.. SAB

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

That was because Back to School wasn’t a April Fools release.

We had no news about SAB (or anything) before last April Fools either.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

The feature patch is going to be the April fool’s.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Would be pretty happy to see SAB return for April fools. It would certainly give us something to do before the big features update.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Tamarzan.6925

Tamarzan.6925

Yup. The way I see it, we’ve spent the last few LS patches in a grueling combat storyline. The feature patch is coming April 15, the next season of LS (I assume) a bit after that. We need something casual and relaxing. That, and, patch day falls perfectly on April Fools!

Long live tribulation mode!

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Yup. The way I see it, we’ve spent the last few LS patches in a grueling combat storyline. The feature patch is coming April 15, the next season of LS (I assume) a bit after that. We need something casual and relaxing. That, and, patch day falls perfectly on April Fools!

SAB is casual and relaxing? Maybe World 1…

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Infantile Mode.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box#Infantile_Mode

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Infantile Mode.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box#Infantile_Mode

World 2 was still a torture, even on Infantile Mode. Going for achievements like getting all Bauble and what not. Then there was that elite skill… No. Just no. I hope World 2 gets nerfed, but I doubt it.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Don’t nerf anything, I humbly beg you ANet!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Don’t nerf anything, I humbly beg you ANet!

Just make Tribulation Mode insanely hard, and unforgiving, and frustrating…

…and normal mode doable.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Jaxichael.2590

Jaxichael.2590

Oh lordy. If SAB does return – we get the wardrobe on the 15th… Collect ALL THE SKINS!

Jaxichael, Sylvari Engineer of the Night Cycle

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Please please please no more SAB. We need permanent content and we’ve already had SAB twice.

Maguuma Guardian

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Please, Anet, I beg you! Please let SAB return!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Please please please no more SAB. We need permanent content and we’ve already had SAB twice.

I don’t think the time for permanent content is on april 1st.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

There are at least 2 worlds left on SAB at the moment.. so you’re going to get it another 2 times. :p

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

What’s to problem with SAB lol? You don’t like it – don’t play it. I don’t like it either but I will play for funny skins.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I really hope this comes back tommorow, I’ve been looking forward to playing it again with my GF since I came back 2 months ago we had a blast with it last year. And it was a nice distraction from doing other things.

-Ironcurtain

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Zubin.8243

Zubin.8243

What’s to problem with SAB lol? You don’t like it – don’t play it. I don’t like it either but I will play for funny skins.

If by funny you mean freaking awesome. I need a new colored warhorn!

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Seeing as SAB returned for a September release, I’m wondering if Anet has something new up their sleeves so that SAB can become the annual september “back to school” monthly event or something.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I agree, it’s time to petition Anet.

give SUPER ADVENTURE BOX

Attachments:

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

(edited by Piogre.2164)

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: methozbbf.1928

methozbbf.1928

So only bigheads at 1st April?? A big disappointment :-(
SUPER ADVENTURE BOX or so is better…

So.. SAB

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

So only bigheads at 1st April?? A big disappointment :-(
SUPER ADVENTURE BOX or so is better…

Yeah and if they had added SAB people would have complained about how they just used the same joke as last year

Can’t please everyone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Bauli.5398

Bauli.5398

Bobbleheads is the best thing ever!

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

well i am guessing that sab will open up this afternoon i hope! an have u seen your pets as a ranger with bobble heads?! it makes for fun day ty anet!

So.. SAB

in Living World

methozbbf.1928

It’s too little .. just the head, nothing more? Disappointment …

So.. SAB

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

It’s too little .. just the head, nothing more? Disappointment …

Seeing as they could have simply not released anything at all and never said anything about releasing anything I really don’t get how you can get disappointed.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: wipefusens.9625

wipefusens.9625

already parked my Guardian on the top of SAB-entry… so yeah, it will come.

i hope.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Make SAB perm.

Bam, wish fulfilled.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Don’t releases usually come at 12 or so?

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

No SAB makes me a sad quaggan. :-(

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I didn’t like SAB, partly because it’s not my thing, but partly because I couldn’t find anyone to do dungeons with or anything else with because they were all doing SAB >.>

Incursiön [iN]

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I didn’t like SAB, partly because it’s not my thing, but partly because I couldn’t find anyone to do dungeons with or anything else with because they were all doing SAB >.>

Same thing occurs with any other living story thing…

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Kimoe.2607

Kimoe.2607

I am sorely disappointed there was no SAB patch today, I was really looking forward to it

So.. SAB

in Living World

methozbbf.1928

Great April Fool! You have not added anything fun, no humor, no events just nothing you could entertain people. Just big heads. Congratulations …

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Ziez.2714

Ziez.2714

yay … no reaction … no statement …
Anet just ignored SAB :/

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

yay … no reaction … no statement …
Anet just ignored SAB :/

On the contrary, if they weren’t bringing back SAB at all i think they would have made a statement. If they aren’t bringing it back and thats a firm decision, theres little reason to keep it a secret and keep a significant portion of the playerbase with false hope.

I do believe world 3 and 4 are coming. Question is, when? :p

And i did pick up a mention of the sun turning square somewhere in-game around the forums not too long ago…

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

Oh please tell me you can remember where that mention happened.

I´m eagerly looking forward to any news regarding SAB, even if its just a drunken´s story of a myth regarding the legend of a hint about SAB.

Come on A-Net, please tell us something. Anything! I mean, even Lord Vanquish´s twitter account has been abandoned since octobre last year. That for sure cannot be a good sign. Please don´t let the greatest addition to GW2 die so silent. (to the SAB-haters: Simply don´t play it. You may go brainless zerging to farm for lootbags, but that isnt everyone´s favorite either.)

Pretty please?

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

The whole argument of thinning the player-base is ill conceived. Rather than players not doing WVW or PVE, they just don’t log in or do dailies and get out. Having some permanent content, even a tranquil, no rush, like SAB is good for the playerbase.

Heck, it’s more polished than the rest of the game, so we can play that while the rest of GW2 is fixed.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

It’s ok guys. I’m sure they spent a lot of time and effort making those bobbleheads.
It’s not like one would try to outdo last years April fools, right?

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Oh please tell me you can remember where that mention happened.

I´m eagerly looking forward to any news regarding SAB, even if its just a drunken´s story of a myth regarding the legend of a hint about SAB.

Come on A-Net, please tell us something. Anything! I mean, even Lord Vanquish´s twitter account has been abandoned since octobre last year. That for sure cannot be a good sign. Please don´t let the greatest addition to GW2 die so silent. (to the SAB-haters: Simply don´t play it. You may go brainless zerging to farm for lootbags, but that isnt everyone´s favorite either.)

Pretty please?

Here we go :-). https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Minecraft-Expansion-Confirmed/first#post3870019

Somebody inside even mentioned SAB by now.

Im running off to Queensdale now to look at the sun xD.
Edit: Looks very spherical to me..

(edited by Spyritdragon.6048)

So.. SAB

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It was probably just a graphical bug. There’s been no word from ANet as to when SAB will return, but I’m sure it will. It’s popularity took a hit when World 2 came out, but I trust that Josh and his team took on the feedback about it as to why it was less popular, and they’ll address those concerns when World 3 comes out.

So.. SAB

in Living World

TheBandicoot.5294

Thanks alot, spyritdragon!

Zaxares, the only reason SAB lost some popularity with W2 was because oft the increase in difficulty. Many simply didnt want to or couldnt increase their jumping skills, thats all. Granted, W2-2 was a bit too long, but W2-1 and -3 were fine. W1 was way Zoo easy, and Josh better keeps the difficulty on the same level as W2. Could even be harder. For those who want easy mode, there`s still Infantile mode after all, isnt it? But oft course that wasnt accepted cause it didnt give the same rewards as Tribulation mode.

If only ArenaNet or Josh himself would at least clear out the worries that SAB won`t return…

So.. SAB

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I think the loss of popularity was caused by 4 factors:

1. Nerf to bauble acquisition. People couldn’t farm the baubles for their skin by re-visiting easy maps, thus viewing it as “increased grind”.

2. Removal of some rewards, such as Obsidian Shards, from Moto’s vendor list.

3. Maps became longer, thus needing more time investment to complete. While an experienced group could blow through World 1 in just 15 mins, you could expect to take about 45 mins to an hour to beat World 2.

4. Maps became much more difficult, requiring more skill and time investment.

When you combine all the factors, a lot of players just went “Well, now it’s too long and too hard for too little reward”. (The same reason why the Aetherpath is hardly ever done these days.) A large part of what made World 1 so fun was the fact that it was quick and relatively easy. What’s more, experienced players could help less skilful jumpers by opening up shortcuts, let them teleport forward to unlocked checkpoints etc.

The length and difficulty of World 2 meant that in a lot of cases, it was quicker and easier to go in alone (with the major risk that if you got disconnected, you lost all your progress). As such, only the experienced and skilled players stayed in SAB, and they were all going in solo; all the casual players left, and nobody was grouping up.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

So.. SAB

in Living World

TheBandicoot.5294

but that inevitably brings up the question: Why kitten does everything have to be rewarding to be worth playing instead of simply playing for fun. Seriously, this mentality makes game business a tough one.
But i guess i´m the only one who played the SAB simply and exclusively for lolz and personal kitten (´cause Tribulation mode was, well, kinda tribulating, thus challenging)

1+2)
The rewards in the first iteration were the same. Bauble aquisition was as easy as in the first iteration, you just had to do a fullrun, and you could do it just once a day instead of farming a section of a level over and over again. THATS what was broken in the first place, the “i-must-farm-dis-thing”-mentality. In second iteration the rewards were perfectly balanced and apropriate. If anything, the firts time it was way too much you could acquire with way too less effort, again drawing too much “i-must-farm-dis-thing” into the SAB. Even though i was quite disappointed about the removal of obsidian shards, too, its not that much of a no-no here as there are enough other ways to easily acquire them, albeit not as easy as it was using baublebubbles.

3.)
W1 was too short and too easy, W2 with its length and difficulty was perfectly fine, although W2-2 was indeed drawn out too long. Since the whole thing got nerfed by making all inbox-rewards accountbound, why the hell would you even want to complete it within 15 minutes? granted, the problem of disconnects should really be addressed here and that can be easily done by saving the waypoint progress until you reset the instance by changing characters. But aside from that, W2 was what W1 could have been if it wasnt just meant as an April Fool´s joke.

4.)
Thats also good as well. Difficulty should increase, thats the case in any video game. For those who want it supereasy, there´s Infantile Mode. but normal should be challenging at the very least, with Tribulation mode being for those hardcore masochists. Once again too many players went into SAB with “i-must-farm-dis-thing” instead of “let´s-play-dis-for-fun”.

I had tons of fun solo. I had tons of fun in groups (guild groups here, but still – i didnt join any foreign group when W1 was released either.) Especially in groups the SAB shined. There´s tons of deaths, fun, and malicious joy when a wild rabbit appeared after digging and kicked a mate down into the endless abyss below, or when you got random-owled midflight in W2-2. Hilarious all over again.

So i do hope if Josh and his team decide to release W3 that its difficulty is at least on the same level as W2. And i do hope people stop going in there and feeling entitled for having the biggest reward for lowest skill. No “i-must-farm-dis-thing” anymorte please, as that ruins great content such as the SAB.

So.. SAB

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

but that inevitably brings up the question: Why kitten does everything have to be rewarding to be worth playing instead of simply playing for fun. Seriously, this mentality makes game business a tough one.

It’s part of the nature of the beast for RPGs and MMO’s, which hook in customers by offering the experience of “gaining in value”. Games like Bejewelled can operate simply off “playing for fun”, but longer games typically need players to feel like they are making progress, building their characters, and the only real way to do that is by offering long-term rewards that give players the impression that they are improving their characters.

1+2)
The rewards in the first iteration were the same. Bauble aquisition was as easy as in the first iteration, you just had to do a fullrun, and you could do it just once a day instead of farming a section of a level over and over again. THATS what was broken in the first place, the “i-must-farm-dis-thing”-mentality. In second iteration the rewards were perfectly balanced and apropriate. If anything, the firts time it was way too much you could acquire with way too less effort, again drawing too much “i-must-farm-dis-thing” into the SAB. Even though i was quite disappointed about the removal of obsidian shards, too, its not that much of a no-no here as there are enough other ways to easily acquire them, albeit not as easy as it was using baublebubbles.

I actually largely agree with you. It was a bit too easy to get Baubles in World 1, but I feel where ANet erred was by making the bauble chests per account. It really penalized players like me who have multiple alts and wanted to get them all equipped for SAB too. When World 1 first came out, I could run World 1 once on each of my 5 characters and get them all kitted out in a day or two. When World 2 came out, I had to spend almost the entire month getting them to the same point, simply because my bauble acquisition was hit so hard.

Obsidian isn’t so bad now since the latest aspects of the Living Story and the Spring Tournament have started giving out Obsidian as rewards, but I agree that I really missed having them available for Bauble Bubbles in Back to School. If a player wasn’t interested in the SAB skins, there was really not much else they could spend their Baubles on (which again, contributed to less people playing).

3.)
W1 was too short and too easy, W2 with its length and difficulty was perfectly fine, although W2-2 was indeed drawn out too long. Since the whole thing got nerfed by making all inbox-rewards accountbound, why the hell would you even want to complete it within 15 minutes? granted, the problem of disconnects should really be addressed here and that can be easily done by saving the waypoint progress until you reset the instance by changing characters. But aside from that, W2 was what W1 could have been if it wasnt just meant as an April Fool´s joke.

W1 is short and easy. I think it’s perfect as it is for an introduction to SAB. But the difficulty jump from W1 to W2 was too much, I feel. (W2 feels more like what W3 should have been.) It also dragged on for too long, I agree. Some areas I feel that could have been cut out:

World 2-1 – Remove the cliff-top bridge and raft ride. I LOVE this bit and I think it should be put into W2-2 somewhere, but it feels out of place with the rest of the Hillbillies and Bears.

World 2-2 – Remove the second Octopus puzzle and the final part with the wooden pillars and the ice mountains. Elements of the two puzzles were already encountered earlier; there’s no real need to put players through a more difficult version of the same puzzle in the same level. Save them for a future world.

World 2-3 – Remove the part where you jump up inside the cave leading to the top. (Doesn’t really add anything to the level experience apart from filler.) Remove the Yeti fight and save it for another level. (I love the fight, but having a boss right before the end-boss is kinda redundant.)

So.. SAB

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

4.)
Thats also good as well. Difficulty should increase, thats the case in any video game. For those who want it supereasy, there´s Infantile Mode. but normal should be challenging at the very least, with Tribulation mode being for those hardcore masochists. Once again too many players went into SAB with “i-must-farm-dis-thing” instead of “let´s-play-dis-for-fun”.

Oh yes, difficulty should increase. I just feel that the jump in difficulty from W1 to W2 was too steep and it turned a lot of players off. Infantile Mode is there for people who are terrible at JP’s and just want to experience the story. Normal Mode is for people who can complete JP’s normally and should be completable by 60 – 75% of the player base. Tribulation Mode is for the real die-hards who want a CHALLENGE. (I don’t advocate nerfing Trib Mode in any way, for the record. The only thing I’d want fixed is some way to save your progress so if you get disconnected halfway through, you don’t have to start all over again.)

I had tons of fun solo. I had tons of fun in groups (guild groups here, but still – i didnt join any foreign group when W1 was released either.) Especially in groups the SAB shined. There´s tons of deaths, fun, and malicious joy when a wild rabbit appeared after digging and kicked a mate down into the endless abyss below, or when you got random-owled midflight in W2-2. Hilarious all over again.

Agreed. SAB was SO much more fun in groups. Which is why I was so sad that nobody was grouping up for Back to School. I enjoy SAB on its own merits playing solo, but there’s something special missing if you don’t have anyone to share it with.

So.. SAB

in Living World

TheBandicoot.5294

Jep, seems like we have a compromiss found.

Anyways… two and a half dedicated walls of text later still no red post? Sheesh… whats the best way to attract positiv developer attention?

puppy eyes Can i haz SAB?

So.. SAB

in Living World

Vissarion.6509

Arenanet i know you are out there listening to our concerns, can’t you give us a bone here plss??