So are updates/living story finished now?

in Living World

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

Haven’t heard anything from Anet about anything. I guess it’s kinda hard when you’ve pulled your entire staff to manage the Wildstar open beta, I guess.

So A-net… is this game still alive? When can we expect any sort of meaningful update or content addition that isn’t some gemstore skin?

Game is a freakin ghost town, guys. Not good.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

in Living World

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

erm.. wut? Anet doesn’t work on wildstar nor is the game a ghost town, not sure if you and I play the same game.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

They are currently working on the second season of the LS as we speak, but they are waiting to get the Chinese release out of the way before the start it up again

in Living World

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Ya, game is not a ghost town, and we just had a major release update. GW2 is growing and thriving. And, don’t knock the gem store skins. Anet is first and foremost a business, so they owe you nothing. And if they don’t make money, then we don’t get a game….a great game! With that said, I wish I knew a release date for the next living story update.

in Living World

Posted by: Drengarblar.1240

Drengarblar.1240

Ok here we go…

First off, You clearly don’t know the difference between a publisher and a developer company. ANet doesn’t work on Wildstar…Carbine Studios does which both games are published by NCSoft.

Second, Season 2 is coming, but my guess is it probably won’t start until June or July. We should hear an update fairly soon though.

Third, GW2 is not a ghost town. There are plenty of players in the game and it’s getting larger. If you think this game is dead then you clearly need to get your eyes checked.

Spectral Legion Gaming [SL]

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

People also seem to be forgetting that the WvW tournament is going on.
They’re doing things guys… I would take the relative level of silence at the moment to be an indication that they’re hard at work on the next release, quite possibly a decent sized release. Stop being so remarkably impatient. Living Story Season 1 didn’t finish that long ago.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wheres-New-Content-State-of-the-Game-merged/page/8#post3999598

The developers are heads-down working on the future content releases. We are also in the middle of launching the game in China. Launching a game in a new country is kind of a big deal. Because of the team’s focus on game development, they are not able to dedicate as much time out of their workday to posting on the forums. While they might have time to read the forums, they don’t necessarily have time to engage in discussion.

I know it’s hard to be patient in this down time between Living World seasons, but please bear with us. As much as you’re craving new content to play, the team is dying for you to play it.

Unfortunately, I can’t give you any information about future content, whether it’s plot spoilers or timeline. I can say that, as a player, I am very excited about the next season, and I cannot wait to see what you all think about it.

Please know that your feedback continues to be important, our devs are still reading (though they may not have time to respond), and we sincerely appreciate your support and you sharing all your thoughts with us (critical or otherwise).

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Anet is first and foremost a business, so they owe you nothing. And if they don’t make money, then we don’t get a game….a great game!

If they have any sense of decency they owe you respect and good service as a paying customer. Otherwise Guild Wars 2 is a scam by a scam artist. Are you a scam artist anet? Be honest to us, is that your goal anet?

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Anet is first and foremost a business, so they owe you nothing.

I gave them money. Business says they owe me a game.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You got the game you paid for -_-…
You aren’t owed more content for free, you paid for access to the base game.

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

You got the game you paid for -_-…
You aren’t owed more content for free, you paid for access to the base game.

And how do they expect to tempt me into thinking that spending money on the gem store is a good investment?

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

in Living World

Posted by: Loprojoe.5982

Loprojoe.5982

I don’t know about anyone else…but I am glad for the Living World break…I felt like I couldn’t keep up with it all! Don’t get me wrong, I loved all the content. But at least now I can take a breath and log off once in a while and not feel like I am missing too much.
Back on topic…the game is definitely alive and well…and since megaserver update, I have never seen so many people on at one time before.
Loving it even more now. Hope to still be playing this game for years.