So how about those big ugly dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

Our characters developed as dragon fighters in the personal story. This living story has us dealing with matters for police officers. (Pirates, consortiums etc.) When do we get back to dealing with the big problem? It feels like this world wide threat is being forgotten about.

in Living World

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Clearly the dragons are all off faffing about while waiting to be killed by pushing 2.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think the dragons may be frightened, now that we figured out their weakness to firing a canon at the same tower a zillion times.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: mcarlosc.3425

mcarlosc.3425

We got enough fireworks supply for the remaining dragons.

It’s not enough that I should win; others should fail.

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Our characters developed as dragon fighters in the personal story. This living story has us dealing with matters for police officers. (Pirates, consortiums etc.) When do we get back to dealing with the big problem? It feels like this world wide threat is being forgotten about.

I’ve been feeling that way too.

While I’ve enjoyed each individual living story chapter on its own merits, overall I’m starting to get one-shot story fatigue. It’s starting to seem like just random thing after random thing with no real continuity.

It’s also straining my suspension of disbelief that our characters are repeatedly focusing on isolated regional problems that could reasonably be handled by the local authorities, and in the meantime we’re not getting the chance to focus on the global menace threatening everyone.

It’s nice not to have the story be all dragons all the time; that would be boring. I feel like the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction, though, and the plot is just meandering all over the place – which doesn’t make sense in the context of urgent peril that ANet put in so much effort establishing.

Please, ANet… don’t forget the dragons?

in Living World

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Patience dude…. as if they forget the Dragons xD Colin said in one video that they did a lot of testing the last few months and fighting against another elder Dragon is a BIG thing…

i am rather worried that they forget, that the toolkit still looks like a bombkit ;P
or maybe there has never been a real toolkit :O

Blùb [LuPi]

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The Dark Lord Sauron has been defeated and we have returned home, heroes tried and true, but peace and regular meal times have not yet been fully re-established. Now we must deal with — Sharky!

(Never mind all those other Dark Lords who are probably, even as we speak, analyzing our glorious triumph and determining ways to prevent such a thing from happening ever again. Ahem.)

For the record, however, Bubbles the Good, Friendliest Dragon of All, is not ugly.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I don’t know for sure, is there more behind killing Zhaithan (lorewise, maybe something about bloodstones) than shooting him with a giant laser? In Southsun there was lore too, but it had to be found via talking to npcs which were spread on the island.

I don’t like this story-delivery method

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I was just about to make a thread about the same thing and then I saw this :P Did all the dragons just vanish? You know a dragon is just going to go to lion’s arch and wipe out everything because no one was worried :P

in Living World

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Patience dude…. as if they forget the Dragons xD Colin said in one video that they did a lot of testing the last few months and fighting against another elder Dragon is a BIG thing…

That’s the thing, though. Fighting a dragon is a big thing, and requires a lot of IC prep work (at least as indicated by the personal story previously.) But there’s been no apparent movement on even the more minor aspects of the preparatory story that wouldn’t take massive amounts of time or developer resources.

The question isn’t “Why haven’t we fought Jormag?”, because that’s obvious. The question is more, “Why are we fighting random pirates the Lionguard should be able to take care of, or sending all the heroes of Tyria after one irritated Sylvari, instead of even talking about Jormag anymore?”

Even if we were getting, for example, a small Pact mission now and then interspersed with the side stories, it would seem less like that major plot was completely dropped. At the moment it feels like all side story to me.

in Living World

Posted by: fuzzypanda.9365

fuzzypanda.9365

They are still there. But the clock keeps turning people. Every day life doesn’t stop even when there is a crisis. These stories are showing the plight and every day life of tyria. That things still happen and the world still shapes and turns as ceartain events and actions take place. They are building a world here folks, a game that you want to keep coming back to and living in. For real fans of the GW series this isn’t just a past time that we just want to get through and move on from. We want to know more, we want to be involved. We buy all the books, we play the game and we talk and discuss it with our friends. This is what Guild Wars is. It’s more then just a game, it’s a world.

in Living World

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

It’s more then just a game, it’s a world.

That’s the whole point, though. It’s a world that is threatened by dragons! And I’d like to be able to do something about that, please.

Given the urgent scenario presented to us by the personal story and all the losses suffered in “these dragon-haunted times” per the game and the books, the side-stories feel to me rather like fiddling while Tyria burns.

As I said, I don’t want it to be all about the dragons. I like having other challenges and experiencing other stories. A balance can be struck between all and nothing, though, and for me as a player who takes seriously how the story affects my character, the nothing-for-months-and-months thing isn’t really making the world very believable to me.

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Thing with world shattering peril is that, after a few weeks of it, it becomes kinda… underwhelming. Watch a few episodes of certain sci-fi shows to get the idea: “Oh no! The Earth is going to be destroyed! Again! Just like it was about to be last week!” They only way they can up the ante is to go “Oh no! The entire universe is going to be destroyed!” which tends to happen at least once a season.

That’s why you keep the Elder Dragons in reserve. That’s why we do some police work and settler negotiations. It might not matter to the whole world, but it matters to the people involved. (Admittedly, creating character development and interest needs a lot of work in most cases of living story so far). That way, when the world actually is going to be destroyed… it causes genuine interest and concern, rather than just ‘meh, again?’.