So it took Tyria's greatest detective.

in Living World

Posted by: Apollo.6573

Apollo.6573

Spoiler Alert

ANet, I think Marjory Delaqua deserves better than this.

You don’t need gazillion pieces of evidence to discover that Scarlet is going to attack Lion’s Arch. And the Captain’s Council in this LS is made to look so incompetent. You’re telling me that when an enemy’s probe is right at your doorstep, “Scarlet won’t attack LA so soon again”? The fact that it has been attacked before should make the Council deploy more forces in its defence.

The Aetherblades’ Retreat was in Lion’s Arch. Now there’s suddenly a probe in LA waters.

LA, lore-wise right now, is pretty damaged after the karka invasion in The Lost Shores, and the Aetherblades’ attack in Dragon Bash. People in LA should either be living in fear or fleeing from it.

For these reasons alone, it can already be deduced that LA has a high chance of being sieged, and if it were to be attacked, its losses this time would be exponential. Shouldn’t the bulk of the Lionguard across the continent be recalled to LA to bolster its defence? I mean, DUDE, this mad sylvari has FOUR kittening armies! She could march her armies in broad daylight without using portals and inflict heavy damage.

You don’t need Marjory to deduce all that. She deserves more.

The 10 pieces of evidence could instead be used to tell us more about her true intent. Right now, it is used to tell us only about her next move. Could the 10 pieces be cross-referenced and examined with past Guild Wars 1 lore (or perhaps craft NEW Guild Wars 1 lore by introducing us something that happened in GW1 that we never heard before, but fits in the circumstances then, or something between GW1 and GW2. Then we can extrapolate more accurately her motives.

What do you think about this, guys?

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Lost Shores was a year ago (in game time), so I think they’re kind of all recovered from that.

But yeah I sort of agree with your post.

in Living World

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

You are right that Marjory is smarter than this, but I think that ANet is making you be the leader. The person that helped guide her. Also they didn’t tell of her true intent, but we will know. We also know more about the attack such as the poison option.

They can’t give away the true intent yet because they have something big in store. I think if you look at the evidence, there is something buried deep in the middle of lions arch where all the leylines meet. She is going to drill straight towards it and things are going to change quickly.

Keep in mind the other hint that the clues gave us. She came out as scarlet. They said that only what she already knew went in with her. Whatever scared her was already in her head. Are all Sylvari a dragons minion just waiting to be awoken? Was the pale tree planted over a buried dragon?

(edited by Tyrantis.8640)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Wasn’t there a map in Scarlet’s layer with giant red arrows pointing in the direction of Lion’s Arch? And a big black cross on it (along with the order HQs)?

You’re not the leader when throughout the entire instance, Marjory, Kasmeer and Vorpp tell you what are the right and wrong answers.

in Living World

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

What I don’t get is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9LrN-LD-ZI#t=1m29 … the positions of the gates relative to each other correspond to none of the gates in LA. (Or any other I know of)

in Living World

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

They just don’t care anymore. The years spent building extensive, believable lore to serve as a foundation of a believable fantasy world that feels organic and alive, have been thrown right out the window along with the Manifesto and their reputation for excellence.

When you’ve compromised so much, stuff like this doesn’t even get a second thought.

The most interesting mystery to me is what the heck happened to Arenanet?

in Living World

MegumiAzusa.2918

The most interesting mystery to me is what the heck happened to Arenanet?

Undead pirates have taken over :P

in Living World

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

In my “examine the evidence” thing, Jory and Kasmeer figured out about the Lion’s Arch attack like 3 items in. Then I had 7 more items of fluff/filler to examine.

In all honesty, this evidence collection should have been more sparsely spread-out throughout the Living Story.

Could you imagine if we’d found out in November of last year about a Lion’s Arch attack?

We could have had Hero-Tron collecting donations to build airships for defense of Lion’s Arch.

And then our “defense of Lion’s Arch” event success would depend on how much gold people on your server had donated over the course of the past few months.

Oh, but wait, see Ho-Ho-Tron for pointless gold sinks.
Edit: Well, not-quite-so-pointless… It did start a little event inside of Lion’s Arch that was amusing.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Didn’t you post this before . . . .?

Nah, must be seeing things.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Well it’s a good thing they were there to tell my semi-illiterate norn ranger when she was barking up the wrong tree. Fight she can do (did the break the stuff path in the Tower of Nightmares as canon—the other one for the APs). Solve complex riddles or figure out how to fix things she leaves to her engineer friend (conveniently played by my wife).

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

It is a mistake to attack LA. It is a major hub for all 5 nations. That means it will rapidly get reinforced.

Divinity’s Reach is the city they should attack. There is only one Asura Gate to send in reinforcements. Send a spy/saboteur to blow it up. GG. (Until the heroes come save the day.)

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

I just now thought about Marjory becoming Guild Wars Batman.

Anet, make her into Batman. Er, Batwoman. You know what I mean.

in Living World

MegumiAzusa.2918

It is a mistake to attack LA. It is a major hub for all 5 nations. That means it will rapidly get reinforced.

Divinity’s Reach is the city they should attack. There is only one Asura Gate to send in reinforcements. Send a spy/saboteur to blow it up. GG. (Until the heroes come save the day.)

DR got 2 gates…