So now that LS S1 is over...

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So now that season 1 of the living story is over and we have a little time before season 2; I thought now would be the prime time to tell arenanet what we liked and why we liked it, so for season 2 they get a better idea of what the players want from the game. The first official living story update was flame and frost so it starts from there. Sorry no Halloween or Christmas 2012.

So the list would be:

• Flame and Frost prelude
  • Flame and Frost The gathering storm
  • Flame and Frost Retribution
  • Super Adventure Box 1
  • Secret of Southsun
  • Last stand at Southsun
  • Dragon Bash
  • Sky Pirates of Tyria
  • Bazaar of the four winds
  • Cutthroat politics
  • Queen’s Jubilee
  • Clockwork Chaos
  • Super Adventure box 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • Tequatl rising
  • Twilight Assault
  • Halloween 2013
  • Tower of nightmares
  • The nightmare within
  • Fractured
  • Wintersday 2013
  • Origin of madness
  • The edge of the mists
  • Escape from Lion’s Arch
  • Battle for Lion’s Arch

So what is the best update and why? I don’t want your worst update, lets try and keep this focused on what we like, as you might not like something someone else likes.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Personal favourites.

• Super Adventure Box 1
  • Sky Pirates of Tyria
  • Bazaar of the Four Winds
  • Queen’s Jubilee
  • Super Adventure Box 2
  • Tower of Nightmares
  • The Nigthmare Within

Pretty much those were my most liked living story updates. The rest was meh.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So for me i’d say the best update was Bazaar of the four winds. Getting the different aspects, learning how they work, zipping and jumping around the entire map for a map wide scavenger hunt/jumping puzzle plus the different npcs and items that you could interact with spawning different events. It was the first feeling of discovering something new i’ve had since world completion about a month or two after launch. I went out of my way to find all the sky crystals without a guide because I loved it so much.

in Living World

Posted by: Lyanna.9875

Lyanna.9875

the last four (i was actually able to play these 4 ones because i’m home from work in maternity leave) and the Bazaar of the four winds.

in Living World

Posted by: agam.8075

agam.8075

I liked only Bazaar of the four winds, and that’s about it. It gave us a new area to explore and new ways to do it. while not being obnoxious with world-boss-like group-events or terrible story. At same time, some aspects of other LS updates were pretty good, like Queen’s gauntlet and Molten Facility.

SAB didn’t appeal to me, Halloween and Wintersday were pretty much rehashes, while other LS updates suffered from zergy content and boring story.

Manliest guardian on™
TC Mag FA YB

in Living World

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I’ll determine the list by the ones I kept playing after achievements were obtained.

-Flame and Frost Retribution
-Super Adventure Box 1
-Dragon Bash
-Sky Pirates of Tyria
-Bazaar of the Four Winds
-Queen’s Jubilee
-Clockwork Chaos
-Super Adventure Box 2
-Twilight Assault
-Wintersday 2013
-Origin of Madness
-Battle for Lion’s Arch

Main themes: dungeons, fun activities, farming, boss battles.

Best of the themes…

Dungeon probably was Sky Pirates of Tyria. I loved the challenge and atmosphere of Aetherblade Retreat – downing Mai Trin and Horrik in a time frame was awesome with the party I was with. Everyone pulled their own weight and worked perfectly despite being a PUG.

Fun activities, SAB for sure (Tribulation Mode was rage-inducing though). But Sanctum Sprint is still my favorite daily activity.

Farming goes to Clockwork Chaos for sure. That event alone probably funded 3/4 my money for Meteorlogicus. I had fun doing it too (can’t beat having fun while farming).

Boss battles is a tie between Queen’s Jubilee, Origins of Madness and Battle for Lion’s Arch. Liadri was tough to fight, but succeeding felt amazing. Marionette concept was great, but reliance on others killed it a bit. Battle for Lion’s Arch is a bit problematic, but I enjoy the Prime Hologram fight. And dat music. https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/guild-wars-2-battle-on-the

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)