Sohothin? [Spoiler discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So I got a thought from what happened at the end of part 1.

With Sohothin suddenly entering the mist….

What if Rytlock returns later from the mist with Rurik with Rurik role being that he would manage to convert some of the Ascalonian ghost to our side or at least rally the Ascalonian Ghost that isn’t under much influence from King Adelbern’s curse to aid us in freeing Ascalon from the Foefire curse.

Of course this would lead to a split in Ascalonian Ghost faction being the ones that side with Rurik can be freed from the Foefire curse easily while the ones still loyal to Adelbern will remain stubborn. However, this would also mean, lore wise, the Charr will have less Ascalonian ghost to deal with without needing to removal all the Ascalonian ghosts wandering Ascalon.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

What if Rytlock returns later from the mist with Rurik with Rurik role being that he would manage to convert some of the Ascalonian ghost to our side or at least rally the Ascalonian Ghost that isn’t under much influence from King Adelbern’s curse to aid us in freeing Ascalon from the Foefire curse.

Of course this would lead to a split in Ascalonian Ghost faction being the ones that side with Rurik can be freed from the Foefire curse easily while the ones still loyal to Adelbern will remain stubborn. However, this would also mean, lore wise, the Charr will have less Ascalonian ghost to deal with without needing to removal all the Ascalonian ghosts wandering Ascalon.

I don’t know if you played GW1, but… well the Ascalonian ghosts might not be too happy when they see what happened to Rurik after he died

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I very much doubt it.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I don’t know if you played GW1, but… well the Ascalonian ghosts might not be too happy when they see what happened to Rurik after he died

I’ve played GW1 (I am a GW1 vet after all) and Rurik will be a ghost if he was to return in GW2 since Undead Rurik was only a boss for GW1 controlled by the Lich

You should know by now that Rurik is no longer a Undead and in GW1 Prophacies the GW1 player free Ruirk from his Undead body after they defeated Rurik.

(Here a video showing the events)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVh10Y155_A

So if Rurik returns in GW2 he will most likely be a Ghost.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: brutusbongo.6475

brutusbongo.6475

it would be like Star Wars, even though Anakin got wreked he still looked young in his ghastly form

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’d like to see Rurik return
even if if is just through Sohothin (like Rurik binds his spirit to the sword to make it more powerful or something)

although we still don’t know whats going on with Magder either
Last thing we know is that Eir was gonna take it to a blacksmith to get it repaired
considering whats going on it would be odd if Magder didn’t show up in the story

in Living World

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

rurik will come back as a ghost, but he will get covered by a sandslide and a random enemy will walk up to him and swing an axe one foot away from his neck and kill him

in Living World

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

Come on guy this plot twist was from lotr lets not rip off other peoples ideas. People get sued for that

in Living World

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

the only and absolutely only scenario i would accept the return of rurik the kitten is if i get to kill him again.

in Living World

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

What if it’s nor Rurik the one that comes back, but Duke Barradin to claim what is rightfully his, the “crown”. He comes back as the heir of Ascalon to lift the curse.
Any thoughts?

Lhun

Blackgate.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Seeing how Barradin is one of the ghosts that gets fought by the charr a bit and forced to disperse… (in lore at least, they mention it’ll take him months to come back from the tutorial fight IIRC)

Any ghosts that are ‘semi sane’ are the ones who are in catacombs, the champions of Adelbern. Maybe a handful elsewhere but all those are very anti-charr. <_<.

in Living World

Khovenost.7143

Seeing how Barradin is one of the ghosts that gets fought by the charr a bit and forced to disperse… (in lore at least, they mention it’ll take him months to come back from the tutorial fight IIRC)

Any ghosts that are ‘semi sane’ are the ones who are in catacombs, the champions of Adelbern. Maybe a handful elsewhere but all those are very anti-charr. <_<.

The tutorial fight happened 2 years ago, if you are a charr and look at the journal you’ll see the dates.

Lhun

Blackgate.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The tutorial fight happened 2 years ago, if you are a charr and look at the journal you’ll see the dates.

My point was that they comment on how it’ll take him months to reform (If I remember the dialogue right), even with the time-locked zones, we can assume he’s probably be smashed down a few times between tutorial and present day, likely just he didn’t get as many ghosts to cause the amount of trouble he did in tutorial.

in Living World

Khovenost.7143

My point was that they comment on how it’ll take him months to reform (If I remember the dialogue right), even with the time-locked zones, we can assume he’s probably be smashed down a few times between tutorial and present day, likely just he didn’t get as many ghosts to cause the amount of trouble he did in tutorial.

Perhaps the sword gave him power, “called him” somehow. No?

Lhun

Blackgate.

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

rurik will come back as a ghost, but he will get covered by a sandslide and a random enemy will walk up to him and swing an axe one foot away from his neck and kill him

You make me miss the good old days.

in Living World

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Rurik Leroy Jenkins: a hero if ever there was one

We’ll never beat the dragons without him.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Hey now, I’m perfectly capable of rushing heedless and headlong into certain death without the Prince of Perilousness.