[Speculation] Rylock herald of a new class?

in Living World

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

The blind-folded Rylock raises some interesting questions. Maybe we will see a new class in the future that has something to do with Rytlock’s story.

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The blind-folded Rylock raises some interesting questions. Maybe we will see a new class in the future that has something to do with Rytlock’s story.

I doubt it. If anything I think it has to do with something more like this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kormir

Excerpt: " It was during this war that she was captured at Gandara, where The Hunger, one of Abaddon’s demons, rendered her blind."

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

After Belinda’s spirit enchanted the Katana sword, if Rytlock ever comes with new abilities out of this, then we know which kind of profession is coming out. :P Both Belinda and Rytlock are warriors, one’s a ghost and the other disappeared after fighting ghosts. Also, Katana is a japanese weapon, Ritualists are usually blind-folded, Ritualist is from Cantha, and we’re getting Cantha-ish content from the Zephyr Bazaar.

Too much coincidence? Or are we getting an heavy-armored, greatsword-wielding ritualist class in the future?

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

After Belinda’s spirit enchanted the Katana sword, if Rytlock ever comes with new abilities out of this, then we know which kind of profession is coming out. :P Both Belinda and Rytlock are warriors, one’s a ghost and the other disappeared after fighting ghosts. Also, Katana is a japanese weapon, Ritualists are usually blind-folded, Ritualist is from Cantha, and we’re getting Cantha-ish content from the Zephyr Bazaar.

Too much coincidence? Or are we getting an heavy-armored, greatsword-wielding ritualist class in the future?

SPOILER******

One could make the argument that because he is blind-folded in that picture(just like Kormir) and it comes after our character seeing a reference to the realm of torment and seeing a statue of Abaddon, we are getting a third heavy class in the form of a Paragon. I don’t believe that for a second, but if we are making wild assumptions I am game to throw one around using the same logic. :P

I actually hope you are right because I love that class, but I really don’t think so.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Isn’t that the guardian? They literally summon ghostly spirit weapons!

in Living World

DiogoSilva.7089

Yeah, it could always be new stuff for guardian, but it all ties too nicely into ritualist-like traits and cantha-like traits. Besides, guardians can summon spirit weapons, but they can not “enchant” their own weapons.

Let’s wait and see which kind of abilities the blind-folded Rytlock will use. If they are entirely new ones while using an already existing weapon set, then it’ll nearly confirm it.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Yeah, there’s a lot referencing ritualists. Would be interesting if something like that happened, but seems a bit odd to me since it is a Canthan class and we are no where near Cantha currently.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, there’s a lot referencing ritualists. Would be interesting if something like that happened, but seems a bit odd to me since it is a Canthan class and we are no where near Cantha currently.

Plus the fact the Ritualist got subsumed by Guardian and Necromancer thematically and by Engineers mechanically.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

New Skill – “Terrified was Marjory”

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

No more ritualists

Scott McGough: The alternate magical energy employed by ritualists has fallen out of general usage, as illustrated by the absence of ritualists in Guild Wars 2. The techniques ritualists used for casting spells are still valid, but in the 250 years since Guild Wars, Tyria has learned and mastered more efficient ways of casting spells. It’s analogous to telegraph technology—it still functions and it still does the job of communicating across long distances, but in modern times there are newer, better ways to communicate so the old ways are effectively defunct.

source: http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/page/1/m/2737230/viewthread/9902543-2rps-lore-interview-arenanet

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Guild Wars 3 confirmed! Or is “Cantha confirmed” the more accurate joke to make here?

In any case, where is this blindfolded Rytlock people are talking about? I don’t remember seeing it anywhere. In fact, all we got on the Rytlock front is that no one’s seen him since he jumped in the portal, as far as I recall.

in Living World

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Guild Wars 3 confirmed! Or is “Cantha confirmed” the more accurate joke to make here?

In any case, where is this blindfolded Rytlock people are talking about? I don’t remember seeing it anywhere. In fact, all we got on the Rytlock front is that no one’s seen him since he jumped in the portal, as far as I recall.

Twitter Pic was posted on GW2’s Twitter page today spoilering the next releases name “Point of No Return” Dun dun dun!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

in Living World

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Keep your eyes and ears peeled my friend:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/530405525239136256

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Oh. I don’t go on Twitter, so that explains why I didn’t see it. I guess he’s hiding his red eyes?

in Living World

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

they also posted it at the same time on the google+ account and thier facebook. I am sure there are a few other social media pages that got it too. didn’t check but its probably on tumbler too

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, it could always be new stuff for guardian, but it all ties too nicely into ritualist-like traits and cantha-like traits. Besides, guardians can summon spirit weapons, but they can not “enchant” their own weapons.

Actuallyyyy…

Guardians do enchant their own weapons. That’s where the glow around swords and greatswords when they strike comes from. It’s just that instead of being a buff that you have to put up in advance, it’s something that’s generally assumed to be always on.

The graphics were more explicit in earlier versions, before they toned down a lot of the special effects due to the graphics becoming too ‘noisy’. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out that, say, the third strike on the sword auto was the modern form of Splinter Weapon – we know there is at least some ritualist in the guardian.

@Mada: To be fair, old technology can sometimes earn a revival if someone finds a way to improve it…

One other thing that’s come up with interviews regarding ritualists and other ‘missing’ professions is that after the Great Tsunami, most of the knowledge on these professions was lost. Those elements that remained were absorbed into other professions, but apart from that, nobody in Tyria (the continent) has been studying those arts for over a century… while the existing professions have continued development. It’s possible that, in some other place (Cantha, the Mists, whatever) there are people who have developed these professions in such a way that they are matches for the modern ones.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

in Living World

DiogoSilva.7089

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

I don’t think my theory is that absurd. :P We ARE seeing ritualist-like traits and cantha-like traits coming from stories related to ghosts/ spirits. Of course, everything is still a bit too vague. But let’s wait to see how (if) it all ties in.