*Spoiler: Episode 6 speculation

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

So, knowing what you know now, what would be your personal theory on the next episode. Ranging from plot points to map location.

One of the leaks said the 6th episode would start us out closer to the Crystal Desert, which would make sense if the episode revisits Rhytlock.

I was thinking however, the next episode should most likely include something with catching up with Braham.

What if, while Taimi’s machine is putting Primordus and Jormag to sleep, Braham is already on his way up to Jormag and manages to use the scroll and bow to kill Jormag while he’s asleep/weakened?

Now that Balthazar is no longer there to absorb the energy, it releases, and the released magic finds its way to Kralk which sets off events for the expansion?

Of course they could resolve the issue with Braham using a few line interaction in Holbrook or something, and it seems they’re further segregating Dragon’s Watch by having not only Braham mad at everyone apparently, but now Marjory mad at Kashmere, as well as Rhytlock temporarily elsewhere. Will whatever happens in this next episode be a catalyst that brings the group back together? Or is that on hold for a future season?

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Unless Balthazar is somehow tied in with Rhytlock’s time in the mists, I don’t think we’ll be delving too much into that story until the next season/expansion. But there are still quite a few unresolved points that I imagine will be resolved in the next episode.

For it being the final and “ultimate,” I’m expecting something pretty major to happen. As well as potentially a trailer for the expansion or a teaser or something. It’s definitely hard to predict if this episode is any indication.

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

I suspect that we will unmask multiple Gods in Episode 6(namely Melandru who’s hinted to be allied with Balthazar due to the vine that helped him distract us and Grenth).

After that we go to Jormag’s inland sea in order to either stop Braham from killing Jormag or failing that get someone to absorb his energies before it can go anywhere.

Once the Jormag matter is resolved we’ll confront Jennah and Anise at Divinity’s Reach and unmask them as Lyssa who will escape and make a beeline towards the Crystal Desert to claim Kralkatorrik’s power and since there is no monarch we won’t need a secretly long dead Queen’s permission to go after them.

On Halloween we’ll replace the Queen with a reigned in(by the Durmand Priory) Mad King Thorn due to his vendetta with Palawa Joko who is in the Crystal Desert we are invading. He gives us his Skeletal Horses as Mounts and has Bruce the Herald riding around Divinity’s Reach and is only allowed in Lion’s Arch or the other Regions of Tyria outside of Elona on Halloween by the Durmand Priory’s Asuran technology.

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

So just to entertain the idea of certain known characters really being gods, who would we speculate is who?

It would be funny if the Avatar of the Pale Tree was Melandru, or even Caithe as she’s always been secretive and seemed to take high interest in the egg.

Anise/Jennah = Lyssa. I can buy that.

But I wonder who would be Grenth in this scenario?

And who is a good match for Dwayna?

Somebody was speculating Master of Whispers as Grenth, but feel like Kormir could be a decent match for that. Or for that matter Kormir could be Mr. E.

It would definitely be a twist if all of them were disguised this entire time.

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

That it would be. Not a good one at all, but a twist indeed.

in Living World

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Yea I feel like we are gonna have to fake fight Braham in the last episode to stop him from killing Jormag. After that something happens and we save his life or something helping bring us closer as a group. Suddenly (insert magical sounds) something happens towards the crystal desert and we head there for the final map before expansion.

I don’t really believe in the gods being incognito around us but would expect like Anise or Jennah to have something to do with Lyssa.
We do know that Lyssa is involved with Balty cause of the mirror so there could be some “Mist War” happening with gods being overthrown. Who knows.

If worst comes to worst we are heading towards Nightfallish type of ending for the expansion with some of the guild members ascending to Gods and what not.

Personally don’t want to believe any of what I wrote except for the first part but everything would fit to the anet type of storytelling. I think the biggest reason we’ve been all over the place this LS is due to the new maps. They wouldn’t fit the story line if they were cluttered together.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: Tara.4812

Tara.4812

well i think we either gonna go to the deldrimor front and maybe go to that map where labyrinthine cliffs was (or maybe a new map taking its place) and something happens there and we go to crystal desert or the desert gate in ebonhawke open and we go to crystal desert from there but either way i think whatever happens in episode 6 leads us to going into crystal desert in next expansion

Current Leader of AV Gaming Community

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yea I feel like we are gonna have to fake fight Braham in the last episode to stop him from killing Jormag.

That would be a really easy final fight…

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

My feeling is it will be one of two things.

Less likely one is that we will revisit the Far Shiverpeaks and Braham’s storyline, and Balthazar will be involved there somehow. Or maybe Grenth was siphoning Jormag’s energy while Balthazar was draining Primordus. Intersection of gods storyline with Braham’s crusade, at any rate.

More likely one is that we will head south from Fields of Ruin, we will finally learn what happened to Rytlock in the Mists, and the map will feature Branded and a few of Joko’s creatures as a teaser for the expansion.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Weli.4568

Yea I feel like we are gonna have to fake fight Braham in the last episode to stop him from killing Jormag.

That would be a really easy final fight…

Not a final fight, more like first fight after the initial dialogues.

Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I suspect that we will unmask multiple Gods in Episode 6(namely Melandru who’s hinted to be allied with Balthazar due to the vine that helped him distract us and Grenth).

What vine? and who’s speculating that?
first time I heard we and grenth were distracted from balthazar by a vine.. when was grenth next to us, when was there a vine.. what are you even on?

in Living World

Posted by: Jokubas.4265

Jokubas.4265

I’m really not sure. Episode 5 resolved most of the open plot threads, for now at least, and didn’t give a direct cliffhanger to speculate on (we’ll certainly see Balthazar again, but even if we see him right away, we don’t know enough of what was going on with him to make any guess as to what he’d do next).

The fact that the Episode 2 team went back to the Ring of Fire suggests that the Episode 3 team might go back to the Shiverpeaks, but there’s no guarantee, and since Draconis Mons feels more Maguuma than Ring of Fire most of the time, it could even technically end up in the Shiverpeaks but not feel like it, or vice versa.

Even considering the rumors of the next expansion, I can’t think of what would bridge things. One thing to keep in mind is that it can’t physically be a bridge, because Season 3 is purchased separately from the expansion, so it can’t be required. In other words, even if the next zone is close to the expansion areas, it can’t be connecting anything (or at least be the only connection).

As for the gods, I don’t think we can assume that they’re all incognito, or that we know all of their disguises. However, I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume we’ve met one or two, and that might come out soon.

Lyssa is a good candidate for having disguised herself among us, whether she’s been de-powered or not, because she’s been known to do it in the past.

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

in Living World

Weli.4568

first time I heard we and grenth were distracted from balthazar by a vine.. when was grenth next to us, when was there a vine.. what are you even on?

I think he just typed it poorly, what i think he meant was that Melandru was behind the vine that pulled the asura contact at the start of the new map away from us. Then he mentioned Balty and with Grenth he meant that the three now mentioned Gods are in this plot together.

And @Jokubas that’s how S2 worked as well so it could and most likely will be a bridge towards the next expansion. You don’t have to buy S3 separately. Just need to log in during that allocated 2-3month time to unlock it. S2 worked bit differently due to shorter time span between content but I imagine if they spread it out to 2-3 months it would work just like the current season.

Desolation

(edited by Weli.4568)

in Living World

Jokubas.4265

Do you need to own Season 2 to enter the Silverwastes? With Season 3, the maps have all been gated by the story, but Dry Top and Silverwastes are just normal zone lines. I guess the final map could always be accessible for free if they want it to, but since I’ve been unlocking everything as it comes out, I’m not actually sure how it worked.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s hard to say where episode 6 will take us. They pretty much closed off all plots tied to episode 5 within the episode itself, leaving no hints of where we’re going next.
Where episode 1 ended with a note of Primordus being active, and episode 2 began with a note of Jormag becoming active, and episode 4 ended with a note of Lazarus being a fake, episodes 3 and 5 have held no real hint to where things are going.

Aside from Braham marching north against Jormag.

But I don’t see how that ties to the Crystal Desert – and given the most recent leaks, they’re unlikely to be fake unless someone spent a hell of a lot of time for the sake of a prank.

The vine was a re-used prop of Mordremoth’s, but the map hints that it’s the druids using them, as the druids there are hostile and trying to expel people (the vines also have a tendency to target asura, and if you listen to M.O.X. in the home instance or Zinn’s holorecordings, we learn that Zinn and the Novus survivors began trying to terraform the area which angered the druids greatly and in turn the druids wiped out the asura).

Balthazar lost his godhood based on his dialogue in the final instance, so it’d be weird if we see multiple gods in Tyria (and stranger if they’ve suffered similar fates).

As for the rest of your post: I honestly cannot tell if you’re being sarcastic and mocking at all the tinfoil hat theorists that popped up with Balthazar’s return, or if you’re serious.

It would be funny if the Avatar of the Pale Tree was Melandru, or even Caithe as she’s always been secretive and seemed to take high interest in the egg.

“We don’t know the Pale Tree’s origins….”

“Turns out, they’re minions of Mordremoth.”

“Turns out, they’re actually the goddess Melandru who has zero connections to the Elder Dragons, so why the hell was Mordremoth able to brainwash sylvari again?”

Yeah, that’d be stupid.

Sure, a twist, but an utterly stupid one given that people had been searching for them for ages and found no trace of the unique divine energy readings that barely still exist in places of former holiness.

I doubt that when people can separate “divine magic” from “everyday magic” and are actively scouring the world and the Mists for gods, that the gods could stay hidden.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

The vine the druid uses to pull the Asura up the hill at the beginning of the map. Likely missed the connection, so OP probably assumed Melandru did it.

in Living World

Jokubas.4265

Balthazar lost his godhood based on his dialogue in the final instance, so it’d be weird if we see multiple gods in Tyria (and stranger if they’ve suffered similar fates).

To be fair, since the gods have been missing, and one now returns with a tale of having been attacked, it’s not an unfair guess to assume that the attack could be the reason why all of them have been missing. In other words, they may not have all suffered the same fate of losing their godhood, but whatever attacked him could easily be why the others haven’t showed themselves in a long time.

I think it’s a definite possibility that at least one other god has been under our noses this whole time. I think it would be a huge coincidence though, if they all decided to disguise themselves the same way, and all as people we know, no less. For instance, if Lyssa gave Balthazar the mirror and he didn’t just acquire it, then she might be in a similar situation as him, but we’d need a pretty good reason to start picking people out.

Of course, I (and others) could also simply be missing something from old lore or bits of dialogue in this episode. I didn’t even know a bunch of the optional dialogue existed at first, and I could be missing something important.

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

in Living World

Weli.4568

Do you need to own Season 2 to enter the Silverwastes? With Season 3, the maps have all been gated by the story, but Dry Top and Silverwastes are just normal zone lines. I guess the final map could always be accessible for free if they want it to, but since I’ve been unlocking everything as it comes out, I’m not actually sure how it worked.

You don’t but like I said anet changed how stuff works. They need to get that money in, and would make no sense for the expansion if the story doesn’t connect on some level with S3.

Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

The most dramatic ending to LWS3 I can think of off the top of my head would be us rushing to stop Braham from killing Jormag and failing, thus like someone mentioned releasing his energy that’s absorbed by Kralkatorrik (or another god?) and setting up the scene for the expansion i.e. deal with Kralk before things get out of hand. This would also give the Branded minions a new dimension with ice-based attacks, and maybe some crazy story instances where you have to deal with all the different types of dragon energy that have mixed together, kind of like Jormag’s abomination in E3 but on a bigger scale.

Otherwise, what really sends us into the Crystal Desert? Surely that’s going to be one of the biggest points of E6.

in Living World

Jokubas.4265

You don’t but like I said anet changed how stuff works. They need to get that money in, and would make no sense for the expansion if the story doesn’t connect on some level with S3.

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean that Season 3 wouldn’t connect at all, just that the final map doesn’t need to be geographically relevant.

For all we know, it could be all the way over in the Isles of Janthir, and just have a hook at the end that ‘uh oh, some ley line thing that happens there stirs a dragon on the other side of the world’ or something.

The most dramatic ending to LWS3 I can think of off the top of my head would be us rushing to stop Braham from killing Jormag and failing, thus like someone mentioned releasing his energy that’s absorbed by Kralkatorrik (or another god?) and setting up the scene for the expansion i.e. deal with Kralk before things get out of hand.

For the sake of the Norn story, I almost hope that doesn’t happen because it would seem a bit of a sudden and anti-climactic conclusion, but I think I could see it happening. It would also tie into the team’s previous episode while also coming off pretty logically from this one.

We could go to Braham to tell him that Primordus and Jormag are dormant again and we don’t want to mess with that balance, but either we don’t get to him in time or he simply doesn’t want to give up his revenge, kills Jormag, and completely upends the stability we just managed to narrowly obtain.

(edited by Jokubas.4265)

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

am I really the only one here who still remembers that we have that dragon puppy in tarir a city probable designed to make it absorb energies of other dragons in order to create a good and protective super-dragon?

in which case to not destruct the whole tyria by slaining jormag and primordus we just need to ensure theitr energies does nto cancel out so aurene can absorb them?
[this thing was literaly first thing I’ve got to my mind when taimi started panicking on how canceling jormag and primordus with each other will kill everyone]

as for episode 6 – the most direct followup to current story would be investigating what happened with balthazar after omadds machine overload.

now as for ol’ good balthy:
the mirror – not sure if my memory serves well at this point but the kas remark about it was reference to old lore where even before abaddons little revolt lyssa have gifted balthasar with this mirror cause ya know they were sorta into each other.

main questions:
“Your home is a trivial concern”
since when one of tyrian gods cares so little about fate of his children?
“They abated me; dimmed my light…. But they will see me now.”
who exacly are “they”?

remark of no honor in war also seems troubling – coming from a guy who not so logn ago was all about honorable wars and such.

and here comes to things that some may have already forgot due to passing time
remember those temples in orr? the ones with corrupted avatars/priests fo gods being sort of big bosses?
I don’t remember which one it was but one of them had a line where he/she claims the 6 being devoured by “the dragon” – and based partly on this there was a common theory that gods fo tyria as purely magical entities are a pretty decent form of snack for elder dragons who feast on the magic -which would mean that either gods are dead so far or they cannot get too close to not risk being eaten.

so I can see here – two options that would make sense
1. “they” are elder dragons – the 6 have actively tried to oppose them and balthasar is the only survivor – his “campaign” is campaing of vengeance against dragons and the loss of other 5 gods is reason why he no longer believes in honorable wars – he is also so blinded by wish of vengeance that he cares no more about tyria

2. “they” are other gods – always willing to fight balthasar wanted to opose dragons openly – but the other 5 gods have realised such a combat being suicidal an also pretty bad for the fate of tyria – as consuming a god would be a nice power-up for the dragon – the conflict ultimately arose and other 5 gods have ultimately confronted against balthasar – and while they have defeated him and stripped him from the most of power – they failed to properly contain him. then the “campaign” is a vendetta against other gods with his shift in attitude originating in a feel of being betrayed – so he plotted his way into a possibility to soak dragonic energy in order to get enougth power to be able to confront the other gods and win this time.

in any case the balthasar’s lines are implying that he have succeeded with his goal at least partially and quite likely survived.

the journey to crystal desert and throught the desolation to elona may be sparkled by needs for actuall investigation of what happened with the 6 – as they had that whole ascention temple in crystal desert, and also in vabbi if memory serves was located one quite big temple of lyssa – and from all the temples of the 6 this one is mostl likely to be intact and/or free of dragonic corruption – no better place to look for direct contact with lyssa if contact with them as a whole in ascention temple failed….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Living World

Posted by: serious.9730

serious.9730

A good bit ago I put up a short story detailing reasons why it was a bad idea to kill off the dragons. Despite no replies to that it turned out the story is going in that direction. The primary issue is that you need something to replace the dragons, just killing them releases all their energy and the system can’t handle it. I even eventually got that Balthazar was Lazarus, it had to be a god, anything less would be badly equipped to handle the energy released. Which meant one of the six.

You could select a group of random gods to replace the dragons, but do you really want that considering what Balthy did? You could put in some NPCs to replace them but except for the Pale Tree which ones would you trust enough? Asura? Charr? Norn? Humans?

At the moment you have 2 dragons dead. The Pale tree could replace one dragon, Mordremoth. That leaves a space for replacement of Zhaitan. Grenth would be an obvious option.

Exactly what is in episode 6 I don’t know, but it will lead on to the next expansion. There is still a lot of excess magic floating around. To be honest I did play around with the idea that the glowing man figure that appears every so often might be an original god who was either split to make the 6 elder dragons or had his power stolen by them.

With Jormag now out of it again there is little point in Braham going berzerk and trying to kill it, although it might just happen.

It might also happen that the 5 other human gods team up with heroes against Balthazar in a similar fight to replacing Abaddon with Kormir, or at least stopping the god going and doing something disastrous.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

my personal speculation is:
Jormag is as knocked out as Primordus is now
We know Braham set out to kill him with, and if Jormag is knocked out, then an arrow that broke of a fang of the serpent might just be strong enough to kill a knocked out ED.
2 premises with subsequent premises can occur:
1) We chase Braham, convince him to stop (unlikely)
2) We chase Braham, fail to convince him to stop, with 2 new premises:
2A) We fight Braham until he’s incapacitated
2B) We don’t fight him before he manages to fire an arrow in the Serpent’s head

1) the end, happy end (I guess?)
2A) Braham will never be our friend again, we may have to imprison him to prevent him from trying again. Jormag lives.
2B) Big kaboom, ED dead, *woosh sound’

I think 2B is the most likely scenario to occur, we’ll be too late to stop Braham from killing Jormag, (bonus theory: Kralkatorrik is (somehow) nearby and devourers all the blast-off magic and goes south to Elona.)

author’s note: this theory is based on the premise that at the time Jormag was equally influenced by Baldy’s machine

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Since the expansion will be located in Elona, anything paving the way to there is possible.

At this point, I have no expectations whatsoever, as this last episode took a direction that was crazy and badly executed. I’ll take whatever may come and then decide whether I want to continue playing this game that I no longer recognize in some regards.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

in Living World

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So, knowing what you know now, what would be your personal theory on the next episode. Ranging from plot points to map location.

Currently open plot points which might show up in the last episode (off the top of my head):

- Rytlock getting recalled
- Braham doing his thing
- the humand gods returning to Tyria
- Aurene and her developement

I think one of the next big temporary problems we will be running into (and which has been heavily hinted at) is the devotion humans are going to show their gods. Kasmeer abandoning us mid scenario, the idle chatter of human soldiers in the new map all point towards a potential rift between what the 4 other races would want to do versus what a majority of humans wants to do. This might function similar to Mordremoth taking hold of a big part of the Sylvari forces pre HoT.

My guess is we might have to resolve this issue before we get to move on towards the main objective.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The hero guild has succeeded as a group; what’s to guarantee Braham on his own managing to kill Jormag?

Start of episode 6.
Cinematic of Braham getting close to Jormag; nocks an arrow and about to shoot when overwhelmed by Jormag’s minions and slain. Snip.
Cut to Commander: I felt something… something awful has happened. Oh shoot, my tea’s gone cold…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season