[SPOILERS] Season 2 Finale [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

All the Guardians joined hands and created a bubble sanctuary keeping the mordrem out infused with Mesmer feedback magic. Our PC survived ‘cause we’re just that awesome.

I agree with everything but that last part. We survived not because we were awesome. It’s because…

because…

BECAUSE WE’RE BATMAN!

(edited by AVM.5746)

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

All the Guardians joined hands and created a bubble sanctuary keeping the mordrem out infused with Mesmer feedback magic. Our PC survived ‘cause we’re just that awesome.

I agree with everything but that last part. We survived not because we were awesome. It’s because…

because…

BECAUSE WE’RE BATMAN!

Or because we were simply not hit, we were standing near the signal fire tower, which was not hit :P

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Or because we were simply not hit, we were standing near the signal fire tower, which was not hit :P

Everyone else was bellow the signal fire.

in Living World

Everyone else was bellow the signal fire.

I’m not talking about everyone else, I’m talking about the PC.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: sgusom.1036

sgusom.1036

What I think, is that as the Pact drew closer to Mordremoth, the madness in the Sylvari Pact Soliders became greater and consumed them. What bothers me is that Trahearne, a firstborn, was able to shrug it off and fight with Destiny’s Edge. It could be his sword, or it could be that fact he came directly from the Pale Tree which made him resistant. Perhaps secondborns or other generations of Sylvari are more susceptible to Mordremoth (Scarlett or Ciera for example). I hypothesize the Pale Tree might have needed help resisting Mordremoth herself, and could have had help from Glint or other magics. Being around her could make other Sylvari resistant also, and in her current weakened state it could explain why it was so easy for him to take over the soldiers.

So many things though from the previous LS make sense from this revelation, and they really did do a good job. When Scarlett said she knew Caithe’s secret, she might be referring to this scene. Considering she is an agent of Mordremoth, and how the minions of dragons and dragons share a telepathic link with knowledge (like Zhaitan) this makes sense. This can also explain why the Inquest are drawn to use Sylvari to fuel their Golems, as dragons consume magic and Sylvari are reservoirs of dragon magic. It might also explain why Zhaitan was unable to turn them into minions, as perhaps no two dragons can lay claim to the same species. Either way, this was an intriguing and exciting way to conclude the LS.

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

We will probably use Glints Egg to grant ourselves immunity. Just like we used Deep See dragons orb to grant ourselves immunity from Zhaitan.
BAM! Done, no more reason to go into why our player and all good sylvari friends of ours are still on the good side.
It will probably be something cheesy as that

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yeah, I was pondering that one myself. Really good shooting? Science? A wizard did it?

Then came that all-out assault on Mordremoth. If I’d been a Vulcan, my eyebrows would have flown right off the top of my head. Whoosh!

I hope, at least, that Trahearne had some chicken.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

It will probably be something cheesy as that

I also fear that might be the case.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

Well PCs are always unique. Never become affected, i’d assume either they make a unique dialog for sylvaris just as they done all this time: for example sylvari always addressed the pale tree at this living world as “mother”, almost never the pale tree.
considering this is somesort of analogy – one dragon could not corrupt sylvaris, this one controls them. there was theory at the start of Guild Wars 2 someone made that sylvaris are dragon minions at the pale tree is a dragon. Well this proofs this theory partially true, i really am curious what what the nightmare court would make of this though.
Nothing will be the same for sylvaris in the lore as far as this goes.
most races when they are fear driven don’t think well – hence rytloks statement.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

What I think, is that as the Pact drew closer to Mordremoth, the madness in the Sylvari Pact Soliders became greater and consumed them. What bothers me is that Trahearne, a firstborn, was able to shrug it off and fight with Destiny’s Edge. It could be his sword, or it could be that fact he came directly from the Pale Tree which made him resistant. Perhaps secondborns or other generations of Sylvari are more susceptible to Mordremoth (Scarlett or Ciera for example). I hypothesize the Pale Tree might have needed help resisting Mordremoth herself, and could have had help from Glint or other magics. Being around her could make other Sylvari resistant also, and in her current weakened state it could explain why it was so easy for him to take over the soldiers.

So many things though from the previous LS make sense from this revelation, and they really did do a good job. When Scarlett said she knew Caithe’s secret, she might be referring to this scene. Considering she is an agent of Mordremoth, and how the minions of dragons and dragons share a telepathic link with knowledge (like Zhaitan) this makes sense. This can also explain why the Inquest are drawn to use Sylvari to fuel their Golems, as dragons consume magic and Sylvari are reservoirs of dragon magic. It might also explain why Zhaitan was unable to turn them into minions, as perhaps no two dragons can lay claim to the same species. Either way, this was an intriguing and exciting way to conclude the LS.

All of our current Sylvari come straight from the Pale tree so Trahearne doing this makes no sense. On the other hand it’s possible it differs between everyone. Trahearne would be able to shrug it off more I suppose than others. Nightmare Court can probably be consumed much more easily.

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So many things to say. First off: That ending. Dang. That was one gorgeous piece of amazing art. My jaw was open the whole time. Goose bumps, the whole nine yards.

The boss fight was fresh. It was really inventive. I like how you all are doing boss fights in these set pieces. They all keep the same kinda theme with little twists. It’s good stuff.

I haven’t gotten the chest piece yet(only getting the light set) but the light head piece felt a little lackluster. The rest of the set is awesome though. Big ups on creating 2 sets that people can play to get. It’d be easy to forget people want to play for things too and just throw it on the store.

If(big if since I haven’t tried getting it yet) the chest piece is RNG only off that new boss, that’s a shame. We’ve been waiting to complete these sets for a long time now. If it’s where you can build it or RNG it off the new boss then no harm no foul.

I wanted to save my gripe for last because you guys deserve high praise for all the hard work, but I do have some constructive criticism. I waited a few hours to post this because I was pretty ticked when I first saw it. The Caithe scene with Wynne was handled poorly in my opinion. If a loved one is going to torture someone in front of you and you very obviously disagree with the torture, you don’t murder the person to spare them the torture. You defend them. Caithe is a Thief and had fantastic stealth skills in the episode we got to play her in. Why didn’t she just stealth her out of there? If that wasn’t viable, why didn’t she just knock her girlfriend out? If that wasn’t an option, why didn’t she just defend Wynne? There is no logic or even passionate reason for murdering someone who you are trying to protect from torture when you are perfectly capable of defending the person you murdering. It also cheapened the waiting to find out what that secret was for a year or however long it’s been.

As over the top awesome as I thought the end cinematic was, I had reaction that was exactly opposite to the Caithe/Wynne murder scene.

Thanks for a cool episode.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: umbrablackfell.7849

umbrablackfell.7849

All of our current Sylvari come straight from the Pale tree so Trahearne doing this makes no sense. On the other hand it’s possible it differs between everyone. Trahearne would be able to shrug it off more I suppose than others. Nightmare Court can probably be consumed much more easily.

Maybe Trahearne was already slightly corrupted even before this. Mordremoth could have influenced Trahearne to make a stupid decision and carry out a doomed plan.

in Living World

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

I just finished the finale and rushed over here to the forums to say…
AWESOME!!!! Freaking fantastic!
I was “oohing” along with my buddies when we found the golden cavern.
I was shocked at the death of Wynne, and subsequently Caithe’s burden.
Being Sylvari, I knew the dragon from my very first memory while still in the dream. To fight it again was epic!
And then the final cinematics… OMG OMG OMG. I was literally (not figuratively but literally) open-mouthed!

There are not enough exclamation points in the whole world to express how much I enjoyed this finale. Great job, ANet!

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

in Living World

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Was something I was curious about as well. I assume we’ll just have plot immunity to be honest. :P

Would be cool if there was some temporary corruption or something. But a lot of people wouldn’t be fond of that.

Its possible some of the Sylvari that is in the pact may have even come from other trees and not the Pale Tree or willpower is a subject to mind control.

As for Traehearne and Canach I dunno. I assume it would probably be pretty hard for them to be corrupted to be honest. Just because they are pretty big names at the moment. Never know though.

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

5) At the very end, I could have sworn I saw a Mursaat.

Mursaat 2.0 look AMAAAAAAAAAAZIIIING OMG !!!

And I would love to see them back with us, together, AGAINST the Dragons. (Same enemy)

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Seer

Seer…they are at war with the Mursaat though, so who knows if the Mursaat have a foothold as well.

They have their temple in the Magumma Jungle, hidden away, as is the bloodstone.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: Bludsabre.3827

Bludsabre.3827

Caithe killed Wynne to keep the sylvari’s secret from Caithe’s lover and the world; not to keep her from being tortured. Wynne asked Caithe to kill her because she knew she could not resist the torture.

in Living World

Tachenon.5270

Say, what is her profession, anyway?

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Dbenji.9230

Dbenji.9230

She’s night bloom, so might be mesmer. Or guardian. Perhaps Ele.

Guild Wars player since March 2006
GW2 player since April 2012

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Caithe killed Wynne to keep the sylvari’s secret from Caithe’s lover and the world; not to keep her from being tortured. Wynne asked Caithe to kill her because she knew she could not resist the torture.

And at that point, Caithe being “good” like the NPCs told us she was right before we went into that set piece, would have been like, “Kill you?! I’ll just stealth you out of here like I stealthed my girlfriend around the Asura that were doing experiments on other Sylvari. You know, the ones being tortured that I rescued?”

So you are saying she would kill Wynne instead of rescuing her from being tortured in front of her by her own lover, but the others she would save? That logic isn’t all that sound at all.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

And at that point, Caithe being “good” like the NPCs told us she was right before we went into that set piece, would have been like, “Kill you?! I’ll just stealth you out of here like I stealthed my girlfriend around the Asura that were doing experiments on other Sylvari. You know, the ones being tortured that I rescued?”

So you are saying she would kill Wynne instead of rescuing her from being tortured in front of her by her own lover, but the others she would save? That logic isn’t all that sound at all.

She couldn’t rescue Wynne because the love for Faolain was far too strong and twisted, so being pushed to the brink of doing something, she did what Wynne asked for.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Say, what is her profession, anyway?

Was*

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Did anybody else see the hovering magic-caster in the clip? Tell me I wasn’t hallucinating.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Living World

Posted by: Dbenji.9230

Dbenji.9230

There are already countless topics on them.

Guild Wars player since March 2006
GW2 player since April 2012

in Living World

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Two words: plot convenience.
Just don’t hope too much, k?

in Living World

Two words: plot convenience.
Just don’t hope too much, k?

Like I already pointed out in my first post. Plot Convenience is one of my fears.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The official explanation will probably be that our PCs (along with key Sylvari NPCs) are simply “stronger willed” than other Sylvari and better able to resist Mordremoth’s whispers. I highly doubt that ANet will do anything to remove player agency over their own Sylvari characters (it usually backfires terribly on any company that’s tried it in other video games), so I’m confident that our PCs will never succumb to Mordremoth. (RP-wise though? Different story.)

I’m particularly interested to find out if Faolain and the Nightmare Court have willingly allied with Mordremoth (and if so, if they retain their free will), or if they are being controlled by him like the other Sylvari who fell to his corruption.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

She was wearing light cultural armor, so any of those three. Although, she seems to not had any experience in fighting.

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

During the end cinematic of the latest episode, we can see a lot of sylvari going completely crazy and attack the pact. Including lionguard and pact members.
This is shown once again in the cinematic that follows immediately after.

I don’t think this is correct, if you watch the cinematic again, you’ll see that the Sylvari who are fighting Pact troops look to be Nightmare Court, and the one who puts a spear/stave through the one dude’s chest is Faolain. Sylvari that are still connected to the Dream will still be protected from Mordremoth’s influence, IMO.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: Bludsabre.3827

Bludsabre.3827

Faolain would not stop until she found out what Wynne knew even if she could escape so killing her was the only sure way to silence the secret. Faolain would be relentless in tracking down Wynne.

in Living World

Sylvari that are still connected to the Dream will still be protected from Mordremoth’s influence, IMO.

Normally yes. But the Pale Tree is severely damaged and weakened.
The fact the Pale Tree can keep Sylvari from Mordremoth’s control is probably why Mordremoth’s forces attacked it in the first place.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Tachenon.5270

Maybe she is/was a monk. ;-)

SPOILER BELOW

Also — what does it take, exactly, to kill a sylvari? Caithe stabbed her through the… what? Heartwood?

Any chance she could have faked her death? Can we be absolutely certain the memory seeds are infallible? Could the ‘memories’ have been altered, somehow, either via tampering with the memory seeds or with the locations?

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

If a loved one is going to torture someone in front of you and you very obviously disagree with the torture, you don’t murder the person to spare them the torture. You defend them. Caithe is a Thief and had fantastic stealth skills in the episode we got to play her in. Why didn’t she just stealth her out of there? If that wasn’t viable, why didn’t she just knock her girlfriend out? If that wasn’t an option, why didn’t she just defend Wynne? There is no logic or even passionate reason for murdering someone who you are trying to protect from torture when you are perfectly capable of defending the person you murdering.

This is actually what I’m most impressed by in the LS. The player is forced to witness difficult decisions, even participating in the slaughter of innocents (the centaurs) in the previous episode. Questions like yours, “why didn’t this character do this instead of that” are what give the story such depth, in my opinion. Anet’s willingness to tackle questionable moral territory is admirable – not just in the LS, but in little snippets throughout the world if you pay close attention.

I also think the stage set for the next episode is great. Putting the Sylvari, a playable race, in the situation they’re in is ballsy. It makes way for a good deal of (in character) racism – if they’re dragon minions, are they inherently evil, bound to turn to “the dark side” so to speak? Is it right to make that assumption of any intelligent creature, that in the end they lack free will? Is their tie to Mordremoth more akin to slavery than a biological or cultural bond?

Even though this is just a game and a fictional story, these questions are socially relevant. All in all, the lore in GW2 has had a lot more depth than I expect from an MMO. Even if I’m not emotionally invested in a particular story arc, I find something interesting to think about.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Better option : Kill Faolain instead.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

What I imagine is a C’thun. If you didn’t play World of Warcraft just prior to Burning Crusade this really was quite a lot of fun. There was an instance called AQ 40. During the instance individual party members (there were 40 max) would be start to hear voices. Here’s a clip of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DOUr4jMnc

So imagine hearing that and no one else in your party of some 40 people would. It really disturbed people. It was wonderful. This was also the boss called the “Guild Breaker” for awhile. It was so difficult many of the bests guilds on servers simply became so upset with one another entire raiding guilds would collapse from the internal strife that emerged in attempts to simply survive the encounter.

What I imagine would be something like Sylvari players will be occasionally messaged with, “You’re going to die,” or “Pain is the natural course of life.” Things that really challenge any acceptable reality, but leave the character wondering about themselves and their own sanity in deep personal ways.

My friend suggests that what we are seeing are multiple trees however, so Facepunch’s idea may be valid in that scenario.

Zaxares’ concerns mirror many of mine. ALL of my characters are sylvari. I’ve been wondering for awhile when I’d suddenly grow fangs and start shambling with the compulsions somewhere between a vampire and a zombie.

Unfortunately, this is Anet. Ditto on the “Plot convenience”.

Something I noticed from watching the cinematic on youtube was that Canath seemed to be fending off a lot of friendlies now no longer so. So, Katreyn’s concern works.

umbrablackfell – If you’ve read the ending of Wheel of Time copy-and-paste here. That’s what I would imagine as the outcome too in that case.

For the rest, yea, I think it will be something utterly cheesy too. We haven’t exactly seen a great deal of effort in a long time with the writing or actually terrain content.

Probably what’s ahead is an instance where all the bad happens to friendly sylvari. Some tears are shed. The world… the actually darn maps… Nothing. We might get one new map with the same piece meal allowance to the rest of it. I’m all for that piece meal release of the whole map as long as behind it area about 17 more. This game needs about three expansions by now to even reach half the content release of the first game if we consider difference if character builds due to skill options, actual class options, and armor options all across the board. Oh, right, and the infinitely expensive dyes never to be seen drop in game… but available on the gem store!

in Living World

What I imagine is a C’thun. If you didn’t play World of Warcraft just prior to Burning Crusade this really was quite a lot of fun. There was an instance called AQ 40. During the instance individual party members (there were 40 max) would be start to hear voices. Here’s a clip of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DOUr4jMnc

So imagine hearing that and no one else in your party of some 40 people would. It really disturbed people. It was wonderful. This was also the boss called the “Guild Breaker” for awhile. It was so difficult many of the bests guilds on servers simply became so upset with one another entire raiding guilds would collapse from the internal strife that emerged in attempts to simply survive the encounter.

What I imagine would be something like Sylvari players will be occasionally messaged with, “You’re going to die,” or “Pain is the natural course of life.” Things that really challenge any acceptable reality, but leave the character wondering about themselves and their own sanity in deep personal ways.

That is so cool.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Maybe she is/was a monk. ;-)

SPOILER BELOW

Also — what does it take, exactly, to kill a sylvari? Caithe stabbed her through the… what? Heartwood?

Any chance she could have faked her death? Can we be absolutely certain the memory seeds are infallible? Could the ‘memories’ have been altered, somehow, either via tampering with the memory seeds or with the locations?

Sylvari anatomy is based off human anatomy. So yeah, Sylvari have a heart. It’s just made out of plant matter. Wynne is dead.

in Living World

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

Agreed. I realize they are supposed to be lovers and Caithe cares about Faolain greatly but it’s obvious that is the only appropriate option for someone who has a shred of decency. The only excuse I could think of for her actually going through with the murder is if Caithe was certain that she would lose in a fight against Faolain

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It didn’t have wings though :S

in Living World

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Agreed. I realize they are supposed to be lovers and Caithe cares about Faolain greatly but it’s obvious that is the only appropriate option for someone who has a shred of decency. The only excuse I could think of for her actually going through with the murder is if Caithe was certain that she would lose in a fight against Faolain

You’ve obviously never been in love.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Still no idea where in The Mists he is, or what he’s been doing, but apparently he’ll be able to annihilate Mordrem when we next see him.

Doesn’t that require like 500k condition damage to kill a husk in a single bleed tick? Even Necros will be scared of that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

It would have made much more sense if the airstrike was used to cut-off/eliminate the mordrem reinforcements (those that had not yet entered the base), and then our job would have been to clean up the remaining mordrem in the base, then declare victory.

Not only would there be no senseless “oh look, we survived the bombardment we target at our own troops”, but it also would have made Trahearn thanking us feel a lot more satisfying.
“Thanks, you did a grunt’s job and carried that torch! you saved the day!” doesn’t feel like a very good reason for all the appreciation and credit we received for the victory.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

WHAT IS NOT SO COOL is that Treharne used really really complex tactic – he put all his assests on one place without scouting it out first and shouted: FIRE! ………how unexpted that everyone was doomed.

I dunno, they turtled, built a ton of carriers and interceptors, and then massed them for an assault. It might not be Sun Tzu level strategy, but it carried me through more than a few Starcraft story missions.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Must…level my sylvar engi..
..must serve …the dragon…
…must get mordrem rifle skin…

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Absence of friendly fire has graduated from gameplay mechanic to canon. With hard work and perseverance, it, like waypoints before it, can take the next step and become an important recurring plot point.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I liked almost everything about the Finale. To be honest, I will have to wait until I know for sure if Trahearne, Eir, Logan and Zojja are alive or not to actually say if I loved or hated the finale, since this is a big deal for me. I simply hate more than almost anything else in a MMO when they kill important characters when the player is not there. The only thing that I hate more than that is showing a character in a dangerous situation and then saying they died, while not actually showing them dying/dead. Both can happen, which would make me hate the finale.
I’m optimistic, though. I believe the four of them are alright, though they are lost in enemy territory and potentially hurt, and I believe we are going to look for them in the future.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

what i think is that now we no the Sylvari are the children of mord

but what i see and also with the other dragons that they are corrupted by some evil force that controlling them

am very sure mord was no evil till now
so mother tree no this and have shielded the Sylvari against the power of the evil mord

but as you no mother tree is very weak and cant help the Sylvari anymore to protect them

i stile think there is a much bigger power going on that only the dragons

and not sure but i read it allot in the game that caith is mord
and she is a mother to that egg and as you all no a mother protect there children

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It would have made much more sense if the airstrike was used to cut-off/eliminate the mordrem reinforcements (those that had not yet entered the base), and then our job would have been to clean up the remaining mordrem in the base, then declare victory.

Not only would there be no senseless “oh look, we survived the bombardment we target at our own troops”, but it also would have made Trahearn thanking us feel a lot more satisfying.
“Thanks, you did a grunt’s job and carried that torch! you saved the day!” doesn’t feel like a very good reason for all the appreciation and credit we received for the victory.

Trahearne literally thanks the player for every little thing. ALL THE TIME.
So many of his dialogues have at least one “Thank you”. “Thanks to you” or “We/I couldn’t have done it without you” that I kinda expect him to do that, now.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

You’ve obviously never been in love.

The kitten kind of excuse is that?
‘Oh I’m sorry officer-I killed an innocent because I don’t want my friend to know a secret’
‘….You committed a crime’
‘….I know but my genitals were tingling in all the right places for this person’….seriously wtf kind of excuse is that.

You know the funniest thing-I guarantee if this was a hetero relationship and caithe was a) a man, people would (rightfully) say ‘kitten this guy’s a bloody idiot’ or if b) caithe maintained her sex as a woman, people would say ‘gw2 is misogynistic as it portraits women in love as being stupid’…but make it a kitten relationship and all of a sudden it’s a ‘powerful, deep story about love and hard decisions’. All humans are equals…but some humans are more equal than others amiright?

…I think my dinner’s about to come up.

And people are saying because the plot makes no kitten sense and people ask ‘well why didn’t x character do this’ indicates depth? That’s not bloody depth! That’s shoddy writing with a huge amount of illogical developments that insults the audience’s intelligence and people are pointing out said flaws. That’s like saying ‘hey, why didn’t Lockdown hunt down the autobots himself-why did he need the human-US in particular government to help….how did he go about setting up that agreement in the first place…the premise of this movie’s plot makes no sense’-then you go ‘well see because you can ask these questions the movie is a work of art! It has so many levels!’ No……transformers 4 just sucks the only depth the movie has is how deeply it sucks.

The ‘big’ reveal was the sylvari being dragon minions? Yeah that came about 2 years too late-everybody (with sense anyway….apparently the writers don’t think very highly of us) already knew that. This is yet another thing why this game’s world is just …well…insulting. From the first time I played the game and heard-I never played gw1 fyi-that the sylvari can’t be corrupted by zhaitan I thought ‘hmm…..well the ice, crystal and zombie (didn’t know their names at the time) corrupted dragon minions don’t seem to be able to cross-contaminate each other (i.e. in the story/world there’s never been a risen branded or icebrood risen or some wacky combination). Here we have a weird plant race that just popped up and can’t be corrupted…are you sure you’re not a dragon minion of some sort?’ Then later when I watched woodenpotatoes gw1 videos I’m like ‘yeah they’re totally dragon minions’…that was a new player two years ago. Which is why everytime I see a sylvari in the world and everyone treating them normally I think ‘wtf is this-you know nothing about this race. Nobody finds their immunity to zhaitan the least bit strange? Why are you military people following this sylvari! OMG somebody kitten-slap some sense into these people’

Not to mention-did anyone seriously not notice the copy-paste ‘the pact forward base is under attack and will be forced to retreat into the heart of the base where they’ll use some item to turn the tides’ thing from the personal story? Or how about the excessive ego stroking? ‘Well done boss’ ‘Boss you killed that dragon you’re awesome’ ‘Impressive’…..look I already know I’m awesome OK? I don’t need a game to tell me that. Then again people were complaining that the pixels didn’t tell them they were awesome so I can’t fault ANet for that decision….doesn’t mean I like it.

But if this is the sort of thing gamers praise these days….then in the words of tree-man ‘this won’t end well’. I wash my hands of this madness.

Great….the kitten filter will make it sound like I used some ‘homophobic’ (since we like name calling like children) slurr…w/e I don’t care anymore.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

(edited by Imbune.5497)

in Living World

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Someone has neither been in love not has any clue what devotion feels like. The rest of your rant, Imbune, I find merely to be dissatisfied opinion. I certainly have many of those, so I’m hardly one to begrudge others their own.

But you are painfully, agonizingly out of touch with why someone in Caithe’s position might do what she did.

It needs no explanation to anyone that’s every loved someone more than themselves. Many parents would ram a knife into many hearts to protect their children, even if their children were in the wrong. Many husbands and wives would make a very similar decision, even knowing that their significant other were in the wrong.

That’s devotion. It isn’t necessarily logical and had no relative necessity to be reasonable.

You’re losing your mind here trying to make it fit in a rational, specifically logical box.

What that is that’s confusing you so? That was never in that box. And it pretty much never will be.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

(edited by naiasonod.9265)

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

During the end cinematic of the latest episode, we can see a lot of sylvari going completely crazy and attack the pact. Including lionguard and pact members.
This is shown once again in the cinematic that follows immediately after.

I don’t think this is correct, if you watch the cinematic again, you’ll see that the Sylvari who are fighting Pact troops look to be Nightmare Court, and the one who puts a spear/stave through the one dude’s chest is Faolain. Sylvari that are still connected to the Dream will still be protected from Mordremoth’s influence, IMO.

Technically speaking, the Nightmare is still part of the Dream – however, this may change.

Otherwise, as people have said, I think it’s a matter of some sylvari having more self-control than others. I’d also note that at least some of those scenes appeared to be the Pact forces turning on sylvari that were protesting their innocence rather than the other way around.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.