[Spoiler] Ominous Foreshadowing and Marjory

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

So we know about whats going on with Marjory but I like a theory crafted on Reddit that I hope A-net pays attention to because this to me would be the making of Jory as a character.

Jory sent Kasmeer and you away, so that she could potentially practice necromancy on Belinda hoping to bring her back from the dead.

This, to me gives us TWO opportunities for some very interesting theories:

Jory fails, Belinda is horrifyingly deformed or something goes horribly wrong, which in turn will change Jory significantly as a person.

Livia makes her first major appearance in the setting, and agrees to help Jory in return for something, and possibly train Jory to become a powerful necromancer in the future.

Thoughts?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Neither of those things will happen. Marjory sent Kasmeer away because she had to deliver difficult personal news to her mother and family and her mother doesn’t warm up to strangers easily. She’s not practicing necromancy, she’s choosing how to inform her mother of her sister’s death and not making that more difficult by introducing her mother to her noble girlfriend (something we are led to believe might be an issue for Marjory’s family, particularly her mother). Unfortunately, that’s the plot I suspect we will get from Belinda’s death, a Delaqua family reunion and more romance stuff with Kasmeer.

The necromancy plot doesn’t fit the tone of the story for the biconics. Notice Marjory is one of the least necromancer-like necromancers we’ve come across? Eve from GW1 was written like you would expect from a necromancer, Livia was like a necromancer. Marjory rarely comes across as someone who messes around in tombs, thinking about the dead, working curses or hexes. The most necromancy thing she does is commune with the dead and works with poisons. The biconics don’t really get their hands dirty.

Why would Livia train Marjory? I haven’t finished SoS (one day… maybe) but Livia has no reason to be interested in Marjory. Just because Marjory is a biconic doesn’t mean the world is interested in her. Belinda isn’t special so I doubt Livia would invest her time in her. Livia is a member of the Shining Blade and there was a recent reference to Canach joining them (I suspect the noble woman was Anise) so I suspect a Shining Blade plot will surface in the story in the near future. If Livia were to return, it would make more sense to do so with that plot than with Marjory’s plot. The two could be combined, but why would the Shining Blade care about Marjory? She’s arguably less useful now that she’s grieving.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

If Livia is still alive in GW2 time, then she truly found a way to cheat death, even better than the Lich from Prophesies. Whatever happened to her and the staff of Orr, it’s probably hidden somewhere, or will be discovered a little later.

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

To react to the hypothesis Shiren, I like your point but then we have to consider this.

I give you a reference from Season 1, Tower of Nightmares.

It was no joke when Jory had a somewhat sadistic, and cruel delight in overflowing the toxic tower with her toxins she laughed manically and made a point of how she was going to keep putting toxin in it until it couldn’t take anymore.

Jory is “not” a good guy, you need to realize this.

Of all the members of the Biconics Jory has the most connections to dark things, she saw questionable rituals being done when Mendel died, do you honestly think she hasn’t studied or been fascinated by them?

Would she be above using necromancy on her own sister? A grieving woman as you say? I don’t know, and I doubt it, because Jory as a character stated herself to Kasmeer that if she treats her any more sweetly she’ll break.

Which means shes willing to do very hard, very questionable things, to change the world.

Even if it means forcing death itself to bring back the sibling she lost.

How could she face a paranoid mother who already has enough issues with trust by giving her a dead sibling? She’d be thrown out of her own house and dismissed as a Deloqua family member, something I doubt even she has the willingness to face.

Jory, is a coward, she is not a good person, but that doesn’t mean shes a villain, just desperate, she would do it because she has a lot more to loose if she doesn’t try to bring her back and save herself from her mothers anger.

As for Livia, well, its entirely possible if not probable she paid the billet for Canach after all she is according to SoS still alive even after all this time and has preserved her beauty unnaturally.

Anise may also be her daughter, but I have another theory about Anise all together, what I do think however is Canach is going to be important next update.

And I also don’t put it above Jory to do something that dark to save her lost sibling, at any cost.

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Honestly, I’d be very surprised if either of those things happen. Not because they’re farfetched, but I just don’t think ANet is going to be dedicating story arcs to character development. They haven’t thus far and I doubt they will. Just my opinion.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

What about….Trahearne?
Since he’s gonna come into the story anyway, might as well be now.

Jory tries to rez Belinda using her necro skills but fails.
Along comes Trahearne who combines power with Jory succeeds in rezzing Belinda.
Or maybe Trahearne gives away part of his lifeforce or something to help rez Belinda.
Trahearne is thus extremely weakened and thus when the fight with Mordy comes, he can’t win and dies as a result much later in the story.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

in Living World

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Should just use Resurrection Signet.

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

If Livia is still alive in GW2 time, then she truly found a way to cheat death, even better than the Lich from Prophesies. Whatever happened to her and the staff of Orr, it’s probably hidden somewhere, or will be discovered a little later.

Livia is alive and well, supposdely she learned how to give herself immortality through studying Orr magic and possibly through the scepter of Orr itself!

Most people think that she is the mysterious E character

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

She is alive and kicking.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It was no joke when Jory had a somewhat sadistic, and cruel delight in overflowing the toxic tower with her toxins she laughed manically and made a point of how she was going to keep putting toxin in it until it couldn’t take anymore.

Of all the members of the Biconics Jory has the most connections to dark things, she saw questionable rituals being done when Mendel died, do you honestly think she hasn’t studied or been fascinated by them?

To paraphrase Patrick Jayne, “On your first day as a necromancer, you’re given a pile of texts and a corpse. You don’t do this kind of thing without losing a part of your soul.”

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Livia is alive and well, supposdely she learned how to give herself immortality through studying Orr magic and possibly through the scepter of Orr itself!

Most people think that she is the mysterious E character

Sorry to disappoint but E is a male. I remember reading the side story for Marjory and it was mentioned that this E had a deep voice. I think it’s an unknown character, but we yet have to see.

in Living World

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

So we know about whats going on with Marjory but I like a theory crafted on Reddit that I hope A-net pays attention to because this to me would be the making of Jory as a character.

Jory sent Kasmeer and you away, so that she could potentially practice necromancy on Belinda hoping to bring her back from the dead.

This, to me gives us TWO opportunities for some very interesting theories:

Jory fails, Belinda is horrifyingly deformed or something goes horribly wrong, which in turn will change Jory significantly as a person.

Livia makes her first major appearance in the setting, and agrees to help Jory in return for something, and possibly train Jory to become a powerful necromancer in the future.

Thoughts?

No reason for Livia to make an appearance in relation to Jory. If anything, she’d show up because Queen Jennah is in extreme danger/killed.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

in Living World

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

For everyone interested: Livia shields the heir of Kryta from the shadows, you can read this in Sea of Sorrows. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is the countess or works from somewhere else in the Reach.

As for Jory and Belinda…I don’t think she will make a comeback. I’d guess that Jory only told her sister about Kasmeer and didn’t have her coming out in front of the rest of her family.

in Living World

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

Belinda just felt like a temporary character. I was not surprised she was killed off, and I don’t think there’s enough investment in her to bring her back. Not that Jory couldn’t try, who knows?

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

To react to the hypothesis Shiren, I like your point but then we have to consider this.

I think you’re reading way too much into this. Her sister was a soldier. She died. It happens. Jory doesn’t seem to do anything other beefed up versions of standard necro stuff, and resurrection isn’t on the menu.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying she can’t go bad, but I think if she does, it will take the form of going to unethical extremes to kill Mordremoth. Still, the anti-hero role seems more up Canach’s alley.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

I know that a lot of speculation has Jory going dark, but remember she’s pretty much a film noir detective, she already IS dark. Noir as a genre is not a happy place. Characters, even “heroes”, tend to be very flawed. The Maltese Falcon is a really good example of this. They may walk her further down that road, but I doubt she’ll ever become what we’d consider evil.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

That’s not going to happen. This story is, while possibly still in develop, at least thus far is already written in stone. That means in a week and a half from now Episode 4 is ready to go (assuming they keep to this two-week schedule) It’s like publishing half the book and hoping they’ll change chapter 5 (the book having 20 chapters). Chapter 5 is already set, so they have a specific vision.

That is why every time you want to speculate and theorize, you have to consider what you say with a grain of salt.

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Majory cant ressurect the dead, necromancers seem to summon things that were never dead to ressurect ud have to have the power of zhaitan or grenith

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Sorry to disappoint but E is a male. I remember reading the side story for Marjory and it was mentioned that this E had a deep voice. I think it’s an unknown character, but we yet have to see.

Yeah, because in a world where you use magic to become invisible or completely change your appearance it would be impossible to simply alter your voice (which is fully possible to do even in the real world), right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Most necromancers understand and respect death. They don’t use their powers to bring back dead loved ones just because they miss them. Necromancy means respecting Grenth’s laws. Necromancers understand death better than anyone. I don’t think Marjory will break that rule for that reason. She just needs time alone, and Kasmeer doesn’t fit into that equation. Even though she cares for Kasmeer deeply, there are some things you don’t want to share with all your loved ones. Besides, Marjory perhaps realizes that this is the worst moment to introduce Kasmeer to her other family.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

M>Hey darling kashmier would u like have dinner with me and my Sister?
K> Oh majory i love too what u wanna eat ?
M> mmm not sure , Hey Belinda what would u like to eat?
B> …mhrrhr BRaaaaiiiinnnnnnn…….

(edited by Balsa.3951)

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

I don’t deny Mad Queen that it is more than likely this is just because her paranoid mother would probably blame Kasmeer for Bel’s Death and it would make more sense that she doesn’t want to cause problems for Kas.

However, I also feel Jory is the kind of person that doesn’t always think rationally even with her film noir logic, shes a very dark individual with very shadowy backgrounds and pasts, in all that time studying dark rituals I am pretty sure it has probably crossed her mind to practice a few.

Again, my theory with this goes back to the idea she could try to resurrect Belinda but it would probably go HORRIBLY wrong.