[Spoiler] Realm of torment reference

in Living World

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

This got me super excited,

Look at the pictures, left is a sketch found in Scarlet’s Dry Top lab and right is a depiction of the realm of torment from guild wars 1.

The vines we see in Dry Top are also something that happens when the veil between the 2 worlds weakens.

Are you as excited as I am ?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Didn’t see that the first time going through, I hope that is true actually. The Realm of Torment was a crazy interesting place (except the zone debuffs, and annoying mobs)

and considering Abbadon was almost able to break free from the Realm of Torment, and he is the primary source of magic to Tyria…

Originally when I saw the picture in-game, I thought of the bloodstone (http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/72/Bloodstone.jpg) but the Realm of Torment matches up so much better.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

In Abaddon’s case the vines were just large hairs not thorny vines….

Those thorny things in the Domain of Fear, Gate of Fear and Gate of Anguish are insect remains…..

Now Scarlet may have seen the Realm of Torment map as the Eternal Alchemy yet that dosen’t mean Mordremoth is controlling it….

I say it’s proof that the Master of Peace(guy who removed Aerin’s protection against Mordremoth’s corruption) is from the Mists…. Possibly even Menzies the Mad himself…..

If Menzies is behind everything then his goal is obvious: Conquer Tyria through use of the Elder Dragons…..

Mordremoth of course isn’t compliant to the notion of being hijacked by Menzies the Mad naturally and has tried to use both Scarlet(she clearly was corrupted by Mordremoth by the time she drew this drawing by the simple fact that she drew the drawing) and Aerin to kill him and claim his power for himself…..

How many Elder Dragons have been hijacked already by Menzies I wonder…..

Most likely all the ones in Cantha are under his control and maybe he’ll claim Mordremoth as well and bring him to Cantha as his slave….

Maybe Cantha has already merged partly with the Realm of Torment…..

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

They said that the thing in the center was the Pale Tree, right? That was how Scarlet drew it. Does that mean the Pale Tree is located, perhaps in the Mists, between Abaddon’s Gate and the Gate of Torment? Or maybe that’s where the Dream of Dreams is located, as a realm.

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

They said that the thing in the center was the Pale Tree, right? That was how Scarlet drew it. Does that mean the Pale Tree is located, perhaps in the Mists, between Abaddon’s Gate and the Gate of Torment? Or maybe that’s where the Dream of Dreams is located, as a realm.

In other words Menzies can target Sylvari with his dark will…..

Those tied to the Dream are susceptable without the Pale Tree’s protection….

She’s a stopper against Menzies yet likely not Mordremoth who only targets those who rebel against the Pale Tree.

Once Scarlet’s mind was exposed to the Realm of Torment and bypassed Pale Tree’s protection against it she was susceptible not only to Mordremoth’s immediate corruption(Scarlet changed her name and used Mordremoth’s vines immediately after leaving Omadd’s machine) yet also to Menzies’s mental assaults afterwords….

In all likelyhood if the Master of Peace is infact Menzies then Cantha may already be Nightfallen…..

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

It would make a lot of sense for there to be a link between the Dream of Dreams and the Nightmare realm…

Given that the Pale Tree wasn’t really a thing until after the Fall of Abaddon (by which point Kormir was mopping things up), maybe the Dream is actually just a gentrified bit of the Realm of Torment.

What exactly that means, I have no idea. When Dragons sleep, do they dream?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Modremoth might and since he’s implied by his minions to be tied to the Dream as the darkness Faolain embraced AKA the Nightmare it’s obvious that the Pale Tree might protect against him….

With the Nightmare haunting the Dream and the Pale Tree holding off the Realm of Torment and Menzies who’s hinted to be lurking within the Domain of Anguish the Sylvari have much to be grateful to the Pale Tree for…..

If a Sylvari were to lose the Pale Tree’s protection the Sylvari would be corrupted by Mordremoth immediately followed by mental assaults from Menzies…..

Menzies is likely to be the Big Bad of both this season of the Living Story and the Cantha expansion….

Once he has Mordremoth under control he’s taking him to a Nightfallen Cantha safe from attackers and assail Tyria with his full army including Scarlet’s 3 alliances which he gave her the ideas for despite the fact that she wanted to use them on him…..

in Living World

Zietlogik.6208

Another note on the same topic….

If you look at the Steam Minotaurs head in the corner of the room….it oddly resembles the head of Abaddon

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/b/b7/Abaddon.jpg

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Huh,I honestly didn’t even notice that. But that’s a pretty neat find and it would be really cool if Menzies/Abaddon ends up being tied into this season.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

The one thing I strongly dislike about this discovery, is that Abaddon is no more… Unless the Six can go to the Mists as well?!

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Abaddon is dead yet Menzies is stated to be staging his armies in the Domain of Angiush(specifically the Ravenheart Gloom)….

Menzies is coming back and in all likelyhood would take great advantage of Evon’s interest in an Abaddon Fractal(Evon is stated by ArenaNet to have religious reasons for researching such a Fractal) and bring Fractal Abaddon to Tyria to help with Nightfall…

The question is: will Abaddon take over the Living Story in Tyria once the Master of Peace who I suspect to be Menzies returns to Cantha?

Will Nightfall come?…..

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Seriously?

Has people forgotten about Razah?

If the Realm of Torment is link to the story then Razah may return as well.

There are still many mysteries about Razah never answered in GW1 and plenty of oppirtunity for him to return in GW2 and expand on his lore since he is a being of the Mist.

However, it remains unknown if Razah is still on our side, Neutral, or he may have changed into a Antagonist since there are many mystery about Razah’s identity.

in Living World

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Look at the pictures, left is a sketch found in Scarlet’s Dry Top lab and right is a depiction of the realm of torment from guild wars 1.

The vines we see in Dry Top are also something that happens when the veil between the 2 worlds weakens.

You just gave me flashbacks. DoASC. Over and over. To bad its dead in GW1. So hard to find a proper SC team.

Another note on the same topic….

If you look at the Steam Minotaurs head in the corner of the room….it oddly resembles the head of Abaddon

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/b/b7/Abaddon.jpg

#discodancingabaddongroovingtothebeat

Seriously?

Has people forgotten about Razah?

If the Realm of Torment is link to the story then Razah may return as well.

There are still many mysteries about Razah never answered in GW1 and plenty of oppirtunity for him to return in GW2 and expand on his lore since he is a being of the Mist.

However, it remains unknown if Razah is still on our side, Neutral, or he may have changed into a Antagonist since there are many mystery about Razah’s identity.

As you stated yourself, there is still a lot of mystery around Razah’s identity. So i don’t think he will make a return, he perhaps get mentioned in some story telling perhaps. But a real return is far off i think.
Doesn’t take away the fact that i want too see Razah back, i got questions aswell!!

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Xerion.8014)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

The question is: will Abaddon take over the Living Story in Tyria once the Master of Peace who I suspect to be Menzies returns to Cantha?

Will Nightfall come?…..

No because Abaddon was destroyed and usurped by Kormir, becoming the Goddess of Knowledge and Abaddon’s original position.

Hate to be the skeptic here and burst people’s bubbles but I really believe this is more coincidence than anything else. Seeing as it’s quite possible The Elder Dragons predated the arrival of the Gods themselves, even those that came before them.

Arenanet can prove me wrong but I doubt we’ll be seeing anything Realm of Torment related in Season 2 simply because Mord > RoT at this point. Although I could believe Mord would be the Sylvari’s personal tormentor.

in Living World

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

WOW! Kudos to whoever noticed this! Great find. This could be very significant. Keep up the good work.

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Abaddon is dead. period.
Kormir runs the realm of torment now.

(edited by Mada.5319)

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Good Gods I didn’t saw that. I so hope that you are right. Don’t think whatever it would make sense considering nearly everything in Realm of Torment being made more or less of magic and Dragons consuming magic, but idea gets me very excited Maybe as players we would be forced to chose a lesser of two evils, maybe even help one of Elder dragons vs Menzis or vice versa?
Mass wild guessing mode on

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Someone theorized it could represent the six dragons and Pale Tree in the middle as well. Take your pick.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

What who see as reference to the Realm of Torment, I see as a reference to the Elder Dragons.

Scarlet’s map is suppose to be about ley lines, and it shows six objects/locations highlighted on that map. This corresponds with the number of Elder Dragons and our knowledge that they exude magic while they are asleep. The magic that they exude in their sleep is probably what forms the ley lines of the world, with the sleeping Elder Dragon being the hub/center.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Someone theorized it could represent the six dragons and Pale Tree in the middle as well. Take your pick.

I’m not sure. I thought that’s what it was implying as well because the commentary of the story theorizes the tree is in the center.

But I also do think Mord has in some way tormented Scarlet previously so perhaps she did see her own RoT so to speak. However, I do not think we’ll see anything from Torment make it out and attack us.

Abaddon was destroyed, Kormir assumed his role as keeper of knowledge, and last we knew about Mally was he too was defeated by the heros (if you actually did the dungeon). It’s possible the Realm of Torment is in some kind of limbo state, Kormir redecorating the place… or it got pulled into by Grenth.

What who see as reference to the Realm of Torment, I see as a reference to the Elder Dragons.

Scarlet’s map is suppose to be about ley lines, and it shows six objects/locations highlighted on that map. This corresponds with the number of Elder Dragons and our knowledge that they exude magic while they are asleep. The magic that they exude in their sleep is probably what forms the ley lines of the world, with the sleeping Elder Dragon being the hub/center.

Pretty much.

I do think there’s a level of symbolism that is transparent though. Perhaps the Laylines act as the fabric on which the Mists reside. Keep in mind that the Realm of Torment is one of many facets (Fissure of Woe, Underworld, etc) that reside within the Mists. Perhaps the Lay Lines act as the furnace from which the Mists gain its power because the Lay Lines themselves are deemed infinite – seeing as the Dragons don’t consume but merely recycle in some manner or another.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

I recognized this drawing immediately when i saw it on my first run through the story. But i just cannot figuere out, where to put this puzzle…
Scarlet wanted to awaken mordremoth and had studied the realm of torment in her early years? How can you fit this together? Seems like, the plot gets more complex now. I somewhere read that the master of piece performed a dark ritual on the ship before it crashed. I don’t know if this is just a rumor though. But if it is true i have an idea why some sephirytes had dagger wounds in the story instances: They were sacrificed. Aerin says that he sees “the bigger picture” and that the master of piece is in his way. And when he appears the first time he says something like “is it here?”. So he’s looking for something. What could it be? The second pale tree?
Also: If this really represents the realm of torment, consider what we read in scarlets diary. She was possessed and heard voices. We still don’t know what she saw in that machine…
Rox is talking about “symbols” and has no good feeling about it either.
Some people assume those 6 circles on the drawing represent the 6 dragons. What if both is true? I mean, the dragons consume magic. What if you set this magic free again? The gods are gone ebecause of those dragons. And since they are gone there is no Fow or UW…
There also was an item with a blue text saying “Caithe, some day you’ll see. Tyria needs me”. What if scarlet’s goal was not awakening the dragon, but maybe bringing back the six gods for whatever reason… ?
I’m not saying, i have a certain idea or anything of this is for sure. Just going through some possibilities. I love to theorize.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Very cool catch there OP. But I don’t think we will see anything to do with the DoA. If they open that door, people will start to ask for FoW and UW. Then people will start saying about how the games turned human centric.

I personally would love to see all those places comeback, as well as all the other areas from Guild Wars.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Clyan.1593

Very cool catch there OP. But I don’t think we will see anything to do with the DoA. If they open that door, people will start to ask for FoW and UW. Then people will start saying about how the games turned human centric.

I personally would love to see all those places comeback, as well as all the other areas from Guild Wars.

What’s the problem with bringing FoW and UW back if it fits the story in a later state? At least Anet never stated they DON’T WANT to bring them back.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

in Living World

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

Let me begin this response with speculation on Nightmare’s search for a substitute tree. In my opinion, Nightmare has been searching for a substitute tree for some time. It began with Nightmare’s attempt to direct it’s forces toward Malyck’s tree. This attempt to locate another tree failed. It then commissioned Faolain to nurture a nightmare tree into existence – essentially, the nightmare equivalent of the Pale Tree. This nightmare version, however, was destroyed. At this point, the Nightmare (in my opinion, of course) commissioned Ceara to create the Tower of Nightmares. These three efforts all represent attempts by the Nightmare to do something: Secure for itself a tree with which to do something.

Now let us speculate on what the drawing found in Ceara’s room means. In my opinion, it refers to the fact that the Pale Tree is the center of the world (Tyria), connecting several realms together. In particular, it’s roots reach down (figuratively and perhaps also physically) into the Underworld, and it’s boughs reach up into the heavens. (It may not be for no reason that the tree’s fruit is born in it’s boughs.) The Pale Tree is modelled on the Tree Of Life, or rather, the World Tree. The World Tree was said to have roots connecting to the Underworld and boughs connecting to heaven.

Now imagine that the Nightmare wishes to take form, but the Pale Tree (and, by extension, the Dream) actively resists it. Therefore, in order to gain entrance into Tyria, the Nightmare must secure another tree that is loyal to it, so that it can raise an army of Nightmares. In a sense, the Tower of Nightmares may have helped it achieve this. Those who looked up into the sky during the Tower of Nightmares may have noticed a strange portal leading somewhere with a tower symbol in it. In my opinion, this is the Nightmare plant’s equivalent of the Pale Tree’s portal, allowing it to grant something access into Tyria – something that has been thwarted for some time by the Pale Tree and her Dream.

I must put more thought into this idea before I go any further with it, however, as it could be wild flights of imagination. However, I am posting it in this forum in case it helps anyone who may have happened upon the trail of a real lead.

in Living World

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

There also was an item with a blue text saying “Caithe, some day you’ll see. Tyria needs me”. What if scarlet’s goal was not awakening the dragon, but maybe bringing back the six gods for whatever reason… ?

What if she doesn’t want to bring back the 6 gods, but rather become one herself?

I mean, what would be the point of unleashing the dragons if she can’t survive the ordeal?

in Living World

Clyan.1593

What if she doesn’t want to bring back the 6 gods, but rather become one herself?

I mean, what would be the point of unleashing the dragons if she can’t survive the ordeal?

I don’t think so. To become a god you need to kill one and take its place like kormir did with abaddon. Second she was possessed and acted in desperation or on order from a secret evil. But that’s my opinion. You never know.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

in Living World

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

If this plot turns out to be about the shenanigans of Abaddon (ie.: Kormir), then I might forgive 2 months from the last 2 years of this trainwreck.

Have her still be the God of Lies, having been responsible for waking the dragons and imprisoning the other gods. I’d buy that for real cash. Heck, I could write it.

in Living World

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

Wow, this is a really good find! I wonder if it’s a coincidence. It’d be a big swerve from where most of us were expecting the story to go, but you never know. That picture does strongly resemble the Realm of Torment, and the steam creature head does resemble Abaddon. I’m sure that wasn’t intentional on Scarlet’s part, but if the devs are hinting at something to do with the RoT it could be intentional on theirs.

To whoever was drawing comparisons between Mordremoth’s thorn vines and the insect legs in the Realm of Torment: those were originally intended to belong to Arachnia, but it seems like any canon reference to that god was scrapped, and it is left unexplained whose they are. If the comparison is a valid one, it’s possible that Arachnia’s storyline is going to be resurrected, so to speak.

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

in Living World

Clyan.1593

If this plot turns out to be about the shenanigans of Abaddon (ie.: Kormir), then I might forgive 2 months from the last 2 years of this trainwreck.

Have her still be the God of Lies, having been responsible for waking the dragons and imprisoning the other gods. I’d buy that for real cash. Heck, I could write it.

I really doubt we are going to see abaddon unless in a fractal. Abaddon’s dead.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Well as I understood it, the realm of torment was inside Abaddon’s mind. the area known as Nightfallen Jahai was actually Abaddon’s dream recreation of that area from the real world. Abaddon’s dreams were so powerful, they would manifest themselves physically.

The Sylvari Dream could be very similar. It could be a powerful alternate reality created by the Pale Tree, and clearly Mordremoth, the Pale Tree, and the Sylvari are all closely related somehow. Mordremoth could have his own version of the Dream. In fact I think he was psychically influencing Scarlet and Aerin.

in Living World

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Realm of Torment will be released when torment weapons go on special from the BLT.

in Living World

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

Nothing’s dead in fiction. Say the essence of the god corrupted Kormir on the long run, or maybe Kormir never got the upper hand when he fused with the corpse of Abaddon. It was actually Abaddon all along, he just trolled everyone by appearing to have lost. He was chained and had no way out, and he’s the local Tzeench. His plans plans have plans.

But enough talking. I think devs might actally have a policy against using anything that anyone ever came up with on the forums, in fear of plagiarism claims. I might actually decrease the chances by posting about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Nothing’s dead in fiction. Say the essence of the god corrupted Kormir on the long run, or maybe Kormir never got the upper hand when he fused with the corpse of Abaddon. It was actually Abaddon all along, he just trolled everyone by appearing to have lost. He was chained and had no way out, and he’s the local Tzeench. His plans plans have plans.

But enough talking. I think devs might actally have a policy against using anything that anyone ever came up with on the forums, in fear of plagiarism claims. I might actually decrease the chances by posting about it.

The devs didn’t just say Abaddon was dead. They said his storyline was entirely over. His fractal, even if they made, wouldn’t have added anything since it would have only been basically a flashback.

in Living World

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Abaddon is dead. period.
Kormir runs the realm of torment now.

Yup.

Now ask yourself, why the two sylvari stars of our show are both engineers?

‘Ever since I came out of Omadd’s machine, you’ve been taking credit for my ideas. They are mine! Not yours.’

Kormir, the Goddess of Knowledge

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

As you stated yourself, there is still a lot of mystery around Razah’s identity. So i don’t think he will make a return, he perhaps get mentioned in some story telling perhaps. But a real return is far off i think.
Doesn’t take away the fact that i want too see Razah back, i got questions aswell!!

Ya but don’t forget Abaddon had Razah sealed away for a very special unknown reason.

Some hypothesis is that Razah may be a piece of Abaddon he separated from himself when he turned into the evil god he was.

another is that Razah may be something more ancient and that Abaddon kept him because he may have some kind of special knowledge we never knew about. (back then I didn’t know what kind of Knowledge Razah may have but ever since Eye of the North I’m starting to think Razah may have knowledge about the Elder Dragon’s true origins and the other times the Elder Dragons appeared beyond the two known recorded awakenings but his amnesia was what kept this knowledge from Abaddon)

Either way if the Realm of Torrment is involved then it would be a good time for Razah to return since if there are any mystery about Razah it can certainly be found in the Realm of Torrment some where if Abaddon kept some records about why he would consider Razah special enough to create a entire prison just for him.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Isn’t it possible the dragons now control the realm of torment? I mean the human gods abandoned tyria right? Maybe when they left they abandoned the realm of torment too?

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

During first “Points of Interest” podcast it was deliberately stated that there were tones of homages and lore pieces connected to GW1. I think it’s entirely possible that our theories got grain of truth in them. Only thing that bothers me is certainty of biconic characters, that those are lay lines nothing more.

in Living World

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The game never links the map to DoA, in fact it states that it appears to be a symbolic map of Tyria.

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

You sir/madam are awesome.

So their seems to be some connection between the human gods and the dragons? Or is it just Abaddon (or maybe Kormir) ?

(edited by Prophet.6257)

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Some hypothesis is that Razah may be a piece of Abaddon he separated from himself when he turned into the evil god he was.

I knew Abaddon and Voldemort were one and the same!

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I knew the vines reminded me of the stuff in GW1 but that image comparison you got there is genius mate. Well done.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Seems too good to be true, but I really hope you’re right OP.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

The only thing not fiting is the second ring betwen the middle and adjected realms. It could represent tyria and the realms of the gods. It is 6 afteral. Thou i thing they would be evenly distributed around tryia at least in a diagram. I to hope it is the real of Kormir. The midlle looks like a magnetic field.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Made this post in another thread that related that drawing to the Realm of Torment map (which incidentally, Mickey posted a modified version in this thread ):

I don’t get how you jump to “Her protection is tied to Scarlet’s picture of what she thinks is the Eternal Alchemy but is infact the Realm of Torment….”

Specifically the “but is infact the Realm of Torment”. I believe you’re referring to the drawing of a tree in the center of a circle, yes? And you’re taking said circle to be the world map of the Realm of Torment as seen in Nightfall?

The issue is that the idea of an alchemy circle being used to map out the Mists predates that – in Prophecies and Factions’ backgrounds you could sometime see some faint alchemy circle – it was brought up once what this was, and the response was Lord Odran’s map of the Mists. It should be noted that there were three total designs seen in GW1 – one of which was the Realm of Torment map, and the third was a dual disjointed half-circle (in that there were two “half-circles” which are a bit messed up and not lined up to each other) used in the background of some Nightfall stuff.

In at least the synergetics intro choice, you can see an alchemy circle much like this, and the description led to the circle that surrounds the tree drawing fits as well.

Maps of the Mists, the “maps” of Eternal Alchemy, and what appears to be a mapping of what surrounds the Pale Tree… all appear very similar.

For those who don’t know what I speak of in all this:

And here’s one of a few old discussions on that alchemy circle after being told what it truly is.

I’ll have to actually go make a new character to get the circles in the asura intro cinematic. But this is all irrelevant to talking about Mordremoth’s corruption of Soundless.

Though it does make an interesting furthering of the Dream and the Mists’ potential ties.

I wouldn’t expect much of the RoT overall, but this does seem to be an overarching background concept going on.

If the drawing was the Realm of Torment, that’d put the Pale Tree at the center of it – which would lorewise be the Heart of Abaddon, the deepest and most central part of the Realm of Torment in which Abaddon was imprisoned for 1,000 years, and on top of that, was put in constant ultimate torment for all that time. Which would mean the Pale Tree would also be in constant pain and agony… and that doesn’t seem the case.

To the OP’s connection of the thorned vines with the giant insectoid bodyparts… well, I think that speaks of itself. Those things are according to the gw.dat the body parts of ancient gods of insectoid beings.

The devs didn’t just say Abaddon was dead. They said his storyline was entirely over. His fractal, even if they made, wouldn’t have added anything since it would have only been basically a flashback.

They said both, actually. They had to kill Abaddon off, even if they didn’t want to (Jeff Grubb wanted a redemption story going), so that they can close the storyline.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Zietlogik.6208

If the drawing was the Realm of Torment, that’d put the Pale Tree at the center of it – which would lorewise be the Heart of Abaddon, the deepest and most central part of the Realm of Torment in which Abaddon was imprisoned for 1,000 years, and on top of that, was put in constant ultimate torment for all that time. Which would mean the Pale Tree would also be in constant pain and agony… and that doesn’t seem the case.

Was it something the gods inflicted upon Abaddon to cause eternal agony? Or is it just caused by his own frustrations and entrapment? Maybe any remnant of peace and joy that could exist to him, was being torn away by something the remaining gods cast onto him, and manifested into the tree itself when entering the realm. The tree seems to embody everything that Abaddon would have had lost, being trapped for eternity in the Realm of Torment. With the Realm being home to a wealth of knowledge from the mists would help solidify a “Dream Theory” as well… But I like to make stories up for my own amusement so…. >.>

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The description only said that in the Heart of Abaddon, Abaddon was imprisoned with waterfalls of pure torment continuously flowing on him for the past 1,000 years.

Given the entire nature of the Realm of Torment, it seems likely that it was part of the location, and not something designed solely by the gods. But either can be so, and regardless nothing says it has changed. 8D

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The devs saying it out of game doesn’t mean they can’t change their minds though surely? It wouldn’t be game breaking if they did find a way to bring him back into it.

in Living World

Posted by: Combat Mania.8517

Combat Mania.8517

Sign me in for Ursan team =)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What’s the problem with bringing FoW and UW back if it fits the story in a later state? At least Anet never stated they DON’T WANT to bring them back.

I have no problem with it. I just don’t want to wade through the pages of threads of people complaining. I would love to see the story o what’s happening with the UW/FoW and all the other plot threads that are just left from the Human PS and guild wars 1.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760