[Spoiler] Realm of torment reference

in Living World

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

As you stated yourself, there is still a lot of mystery around Razah’s identity. So i don’t think he will make a return, he perhaps get mentioned in some story telling perhaps. But a real return is far off i think.
Doesn’t take away the fact that i want too see Razah back, i got questions aswell!!

Ya but don’t forget Abaddon had Razah sealed away for a very special unknown reason.

Some hypothesis is that Razah may be a piece of Abaddon he separated from himself when he turned into the evil god he was.

another is that Razah may be something more ancient and that Abaddon kept him because he may have some kind of special knowledge we never knew about. (back then I didn’t know what kind of Knowledge Razah may have but ever since Eye of the North I’m starting to think Razah may have knowledge about the Elder Dragon’s true origins and the other times the Elder Dragons appeared beyond the two known recorded awakenings but his amnesia was what kept this knowledge from Abaddon)

Either way if the Realm of Torrment is involved then it would be a good time for Razah to return since if there are any mystery about Razah it can certainly be found in the Realm of Torrment some where if Abaddon kept some records about why he would consider Razah special enough to create a entire prison just for him.

That’s lots of speculation you did. And i can’t agree more with you when it has something to do with the Realm of Torment that it would be a great time to bring back Razah.

Thanks for sharing!

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I said this before, there is a real chance for the story to tie to the Fall of Abaddon somehow, which presented itself during cut-throat politics.

We “chose” to see the Thaumanova fractal, which explained to us that Scarlet was researching the ley lines under the Tyrian soil. However, had we not “picked” Kiel, but instead have ended up with Evon’s fractal, than the Fall of Abaddon would have had to present us with comparable information on the ley lines for the story of season one to continue towards it’s already decided conclusion.

However, I have absolutely no idea how they would add Scarlet herself into this situation.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Possibly the fall of Abbadon would show the creation of the ley lines.

in Living World

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

I wish they’d called their mad god something else. In Scotland ‘Menzies’ is a perfectly normal surname and also the name of a chain of newsagents, and pronounced ‘ming-is’. I have to suppress a giggle every time I see the name refer to some eldritch terror in Tyria.

Anyway, I thought the diagram in Scarlet’s room depicted the six Elder Dragons all being connected to the Pale Tree. There’s definitely a similarity between it and the Realm of Torment diagram, but I wouldn’t put it past Anet to be trolling us here

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Very cool catch there OP. But I don’t think we will see anything to do with the DoA. If they open that door, people will start to ask for FoW and UW. Then people will start saying about how the games turned human centric.

I personally would love to see all those places comeback, as well as all the other areas from Guild Wars.

What’s the problem with bringing FoW and UW back if it fits the story in a later state? At least Anet never stated they DON’T WANT to bring them back.

I do think that would be cool. Bringing back the old dungeons (excluding Sorrow’s Furnace since we kind of get that anyways with SE) with the new engine and more free-form control scheme.

What’s your point. I see tentacles, not rose-bushes on steroids.

As you stated yourself, there is still a lot of mystery around Razah’s identity. So i don’t think he will make a return, he perhaps get mentioned in some story telling perhaps. But a real return is far off i think.
Doesn’t take away the fact that i want too see Razah back, i got questions aswell!!

Ya but don’t forget Abaddon had Razah sealed away for a very special unknown reason.

Some hypothesis is that Razah may be a piece of Abaddon he separated from himself when he turned into the evil god he was.

another is that Razah may be something more ancient and that Abaddon kept him because he may have some kind of special knowledge we never knew about. (back then I didn’t know what kind of Knowledge Razah may have but ever since Eye of the North I’m starting to think Razah may have knowledge about the Elder Dragon’s true origins and the other times the Elder Dragons appeared beyond the two known recorded awakenings but his amnesia was what kept this knowledge from Abaddon)

Either way if the Realm of Torrment is involved then it would be a good time for Razah to return since if there are any mystery about Razah it can certainly be found in the Realm of Torrment some where if Abaddon kept some records about why he would consider Razah special enough to create a entire prison just for him.

I’m not entirely confident in this speculation. Razah was a culmination of energy that amassed together to create an anomaly. Delving into his story:

“The protomatter that makes up the Mists strains toward creation, often spawning demonic creations in nightmarish forms. Not all creatures from the Mists are demonic, however. When the Mists come into contact with a suitable human template, for example, it can copy that form, creating a sentient entity with humanoid appearance and an almost human mind.
Razah is one such creation. It has sprung into being a fully-formed adult. It has the knowledge and capabilities of a human, but lacks common sense. As a result, it asks odd questions about human emotions, contemplates human motivations, and attempts to duplicate human mannerisms. Razah is a contradiction: more than human in some ways, and less than human in others. It needs an identity, a personality, and a purpose. Hopefully, it will find its purpose by working with a hero. Otherwise, it could degenerate into an abomination as monstrous and inhuman as its demonic brethren.”

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Are you trying to imply they were vines? The large tentacles in the pictures you posted were not plant-like at all. In regard to the Torment Claws found in the Realm of Torment, those are clearly not vines either and the closest parallel in GW2 would be the Undead Claws which you can see near Death’s Gaze Torch in Cursed Shore.

They vines may act similarly, but they are not the same.

in Living World

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

1. Kormir cleans up the realm of torment
2. In the center of the realm theres a tree that grows seeds
3. The seeds are brought to Tyria as a gift.
4. One of the seeds becomes the pale tree, its still connected to the Realm of torment
5. Kormir disappears along with the other gods
6. The demons that were hidden start claiming parts of Kormirs realm again
7. Thus we have the dreams which is Kormirs Realm and the distant shores and we have the nightmare, its corruption.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

1. Kormir cleans up the realm of torment
2. In the center of the realm theres a tree that grows seeds
3. The seeds are brought to Tyria as a gift.
4. One of the seeds becomes the pale tree, its still connected to the Realm of torment
5. Kormir disappears along with the other gods
6. The demons that were hidden start claiming parts of Kormirs realm again
7. Thus we have the dreams which is Kormirs Realm and the distant shores and we have the nightmare, its corruption.

Except the seeds existed before Kormir became a god.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I wish they’d called their mad god something else. In Scotland ‘Menzies’ is a perfectly normal surname and also the name of a chain of newsagents, and pronounced ‘ming-is’. I have to suppress a giggle every time I see the name refer to some eldritch terror in Tyria.

Menzies’ is Balthazaar’s half brother who, in GW1, was leading forces to claim the Fissure of Woe. There was a point I was hoping on the speculation that Menzies was the villain in Guild Wars Eye of The North.

Anyway, I thought the diagram in Scarlet’s room depicted the six Elder Dragons all being connected to the Pale Tree. There’s definitely a similarity between it and the Realm of Torment diagram, but I wouldn’t put it past Anet to be trolling us here

That’s pretty much being implied. I think people are just really excited and desperately trying to draw conclusions. ANET can prove me otherwise but until then, the only point at which the dots connect is maybe the Lay Lines act as a frame work for the universe, much like how scientists theorize dark matter acts currently. The Mists rest upon that fabric and Tyria itself acts as a knot coincidentally placed right in between the lay lines.

in Living World

Miroe.2054

True story is true

1. Abaddon plants a nightmare tree in the middle of his realm to get more minions
2. The seeds are brought to Tyria and hidden in a cave where they are found by Ronan
5. Abaddon falls, the Realm of torment is being taken over by Kormir
6. Kormir turns the Seeds of her tree into something more civilized, human-like (she was human herself)
7. Kormir disappears along with the other gods
8. The demons that were hidden start claiming parts of Kormirs realm again
9. Thus we have the dreams which is Kormirs Realm and the distant shores and we have the nightmare, its corruption.

Just look at this picture and exchange flesh with plant.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6f/%22Torment_Hub%22_concept_art.jpg

(edited by Miroe.2054)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

True story is true

1. Abaddon plants a nightmare tree in the middle of his realm to get more minions
2. The seeds are brought to Tyria and hidden in a cave where they are found by Ronan
5. Abaddon falls, the Realm of torment is being taken over by Kormir
6. Kormir turns the Seeds of her tree into something more civilized, human-like (she was human herself)
7. Kormir disappears along with the other gods
8. The demons that were hidden start claiming parts of Kormirs realm again
9. Thus we have the dreams which is Kormirs Realm and the distant shores and we have the nightmare, its corruption.

Do people really want to see the Realm of Torment again this badly?

in Living World

Miroe.2054

Do people really want to see the Realm of Torment again this badly?

I want to see Kormirs realm, yes. How badly exactly do you mean?

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Badly enough to make up theories that wont make sense ever

in Living World

Posted by: DorDor.8617

DorDor.8617

As interesting as your theory is, there are several major problems with this.

First, the devs have stated multiple times that they won’t be revisiting Abaddon. He is dead, his story is finished, it’s over.

Second, we already have another, infinitely more likely cause for the vines: Mordremoth. He’s much closer, being in the same realm of existence, and the whole point of Season 1 was Scarlet waking him up. Plus, the vines seem to be hugging Dry Top’s southern edge, close to where Mordy is suspected to be.

Third, if that map corresponds with the Realm of Torment, that would put the Pale Tree in Abaddon’s prison. Why would the Pale Tree be there?

Fourth, nothing in Scarlet’s room or the entire patch mentions the Realm of Torment, but ley lines are mentioned constantly. The devs are clearly pointing us in one direction here.

I do kind of wish that you’re right and we’ll be getting some god lore, ‘cause the gods are pretty interesting, but it doesn’t look likely. Sorry mate.

wanderingstoryteller.tumblr.com – Guild Wars content that’s only 75% terrible!

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Come on, devs. You know we want Abaddon back, and you know we squee at any possible references to him.

Seriously, just because people voted for Kiel, doesn’t mean the community doesn’t want to see Abaddon again.

I want to believe this is a reference to Abaddon….

Think about it. Why would the Abaddon fractal be connected to the LS1 storyline? Why would they have an entire personal story mission dedicated to Abaddon? Now a sketch resembling the Realm of Torment?

Just let Mordemoth be some ultra-mists corrupting abomination who can corrupt the Realm of Torment too, and let us visit it for some reason to defeat him.

Plz, ANET. Y U tease us so?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Just let Mordemoth be some ultra-mists corrupting abomination who can corrupt the Realm of Torment too, and let us visit it for some reason to defeat him.

Plz, ANET. Y U tease us so?

Or have Menzies hijack the plot as Abaddon’s successor as the Nightfall bringing villain seeking to finish what Abaddon started using all methods including the Elder Dragons to merge Tyria with the Realm of Torment.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Y U tease us, ANET?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The only Abaddon likely to appear would be one torn from a Fractal and judging from the potential future version of the Asuran Player wouldn’t even have the same memories(in reality Scarlet created the Steam Creatures while potential future version of Asura Player claimed to have created them so Fractals not having the same memories is accurate).

In all likelyhood Fractal Abaddon would just be you average megalomaniac without any of the real Abaddon’s motivations.

in Living World

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

The Fall of Abbadon Fractal that was voted down is interesting, but I’d like to get to that in a bit.

Unfortunately, the viney, tangly things found in Dry Top have to be none other than Maguuma-native stuff… The reason is pretty simple: none of the native inhabitants of the nearby mining town find them the least bit peculiar or interest-worthy. Seen here http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/e/e2/Tangle_Root.jpg/800px-Tangle_Root.jpg it’s pretty easy to see how the jungle has been full of overgrown weeds for centuries. Now that there is obvious corruption in the jungle, that seems to explain the purple shards of light protruding through the surface of some vines. The living vines are nothing new, either. Plant creatures were prevalent in Tyria during GW1. It’s reasonable to argue that living vines are simply curious about new stuff, like the waypoint that one happens to be poking at.

The Pale Tree is basically a living plant, too. It’s capabilities, it’s scope, and it’s alignment is all shrouded in mystery still at this point, but you have to remember it played a huge role in the Zhaitan storyline, plus it’s body is the home of a playable race that they can’t just retcon out of the world later. The Pale Tree simply has to exist for the duration of the game’s life, for too many reasons to count. Therefore we must assume that her involvement in laying the foundation of our heros’ quest against Zhaitan is (not due to an elder dragon rivalry) due to her being genuinely inclined to help save the world. Therefore, how could she not help fight against this new dragon? Therefore, it’s more than probable, it actually is fact, that living plants can be of good alignment. (so the conspiracy theories about the Pale Tree should probably cease)

My prediction is that the Pale Tree, like Glint, will be targeted with hostility by this new threat from the west which is to be announced later as her origin. My prediction is that the Grove will be hit, hard, and possibly burnt to a crisp like LA was.

…however… it still begs the question, Mr. Gnashblade, why Abbadon? Why were you so interested in how Abbadon was brought down? Now we know why Thaumanova was important to the living story, of course, Scarlet was involved there looking for a magic current to disrupt. We know that Abbadon was defeated by heroes from GW1 in a completely unrelated incident. But why, then, was it a potential part of the GW2 Mordremothe storyline? What would Abbadon’s death scene have told us about what’s happening today? Since he’s dead, I mean, what significance is there, aside from what he left behind…?

He left behind the goddess of “truth”, namely, and then the Six quietly disappeared. Kormir’s inheritance of power is what remains of that scene, so one possibility is that, had Evon won, we would have witnessed something important about Abbadon which fell to Kormir. The strange drawing of the Pale Tree at the center of the eternal alchemy tells us that structure, (concentric rings, six nodes, duality in the middle) is something repeated, and it’s quite probable that we would have seen the depiction of the Realm-of-Torment-turned-Kormir’s to be an echo of that exact drawing… had we voted for Evon. Also, the steam creature’s Abbadon-face is a good catch, and who else had the opportunity to create that structure than Scarlet? Steam creatures are most probably entirely invented by Scarlet (until they started recreating themselves through artificial intelligence). Would we have seen Scarlet, steam creatures, or anything relating to Mordremothe in the Abbadon Fractal, no way. Since he should have no power left (barring any random possible unknown ends), we’d have to surmise… Scarlet was corrupted by Kormir?

Maybe….. Abbadon didn’t quite fully die, after all. Maybe he’s still alive to this day. (the power of a god cannot be destroyed, sure, but does that inherently kill the previous owner of that power?)

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Seriously, just because people voted for Kiel, doesn’t mean the community doesn’t want to see Abaddon again.

Abaddon is gone. Dead. Usurped. All you would get are references but nothing amassing to a conversation.

While the Fractals do make interesting realities, I doubt it would even allow a god to be reborn when his essence was consumed completely by Kormir. Despite how free the Mists can be there are still fundamental laws that still are followed. The Giganticus Lupicus for example was imprisoned but wasn’t artifically created, as what’s her face says “I wonder where he came from.”

Or have Menzies hijack the plot as Abaddon’s successor as the Nightfall bringing villain seeking to finish what Abaddon started using all methods including the Elder Dragons to merge Tyria with the Realm of Torment.

As much as I want to see Menzies back, why would he even care for the realm. Why not Dhuum? Menzies just spited his half brother Balthazaar, hence the feud in Fissure of Woe.

Although Dhuum is more interested in death than anything torment related, he just wants his throne back.

in Living World

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Not to disappoint anyone, or possibly lead astray.. but we might also just be going back to Arah

I took this picture the other day while I happened to be doing the Arah story mission.
True, it might not match as much as I also thought the Abaddon image did too, but it’s still pretty darn close!

Attachments:

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Living World

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

Well you have a good point, biofrog, in all cases. It’s certainly possible that the six-node diagram is referring to Arah, but then it could be the crucible of eternity, or even a simplification of the Firstborn with each node representing two (note the double-circle at the center of Scarlet’s drawing).

More likely? I believe there’s some underlying pattern at work in the world, more kin to the eternal alchemy theories. The six natural forces coalesced into six dragons, and simultaneously six gods? The way things tend to settle into a pattern of six (with or without a seventh oddity in the middle),
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/72/Bloodstone.jpg
…is unmistakeable.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

in Living World

Posted by: Aegis Dominion.4708

Aegis Dominion.4708

I always figured the Abbadon tie in was just from Scarlet seeing Abaddon in her ‘enlightening’ vision. That somehow he is the driving force for Chaos, much like he did with the Lich, Shiro, and Varesh. That he is still out there pulling strings, nudging Scarlet to awaken more dragons to disrupt the world. There HAS to be a connection. I don’t think the Fractal would’ve been anything but an introduction course to new players as to who Abaddon was. Anet said that the Fractal would’ve been you assuming the role of the gods and banishing Abaddon the ‘first time’ around. The other “coincidence” was the Torment weapon skins just happening to be released on the final Scarlett attack. Of all the things to release, why those? (Not that I’m complaining. ). I’ll still go with his force is still out there, much like a Sauron…waiting.

in Living World

Evans.6347

…however… it still begs the question, Mr. Gnashblade, why Abbadon? Why were you so interested in how Abbadon was brought down? Now we know why Thaumanova was important to the living story, of course, Scarlet was involved there looking for a magic current to disrupt. We know that Abbadon was defeated by heroes from GW1 in a completely unrelated incident. But why, then, was it a potential part of the GW2 Mordremothe storyline? What would Abbadon’s death scene have told us about what’s happening today? Since he’s dead, I mean, what significance is there, aside from what he left behind…?

He left behind the goddess of “truth”, namely, and then the Six quietly disappeared. Kormir’s inheritance of power is what remains of that scene, so one possibility is that, had Evon won, we would have witnessed something important about Abbadon which fell to Kormir. The strange drawing of the Pale Tree at the center of the eternal alchemy tells us that structure, (concentric rings, six nodes, duality in the middle) is something repeated, and it’s quite probable that we would have seen the depiction of the Realm-of-Torment-turned-Kormir’s to be an echo of that exact drawing… had we voted for Evon. Also, the steam creature’s Abbadon-face is a good catch, and who else had the opportunity to create that structure than Scarlet? Steam creatures are most probably entirely invented by Scarlet (until they started recreating themselves through artificial intelligence). Would we have seen Scarlet, steam creatures, or anything relating to Mordremothe in the Abbadon Fractal, no way. Since he should have no power left (barring any random possible unknown ends), we’d have to surmise… Scarlet was corrupted by Kormir?

Maybe….. Abbadon didn’t quite fully die, after all. Maybe he’s still alive to this day. (the power of a god cannot be destroyed, sure, but does that inherently kill the previous owner of that power?)

Enjoyable, but the flaw you make is the actually event that the Fractal would show. The Fall of Abaddon wasn’t about our old heroes killing him, but about the battle over the now called crystal desert between Abaddon and his Margonites and the other gods with the Forgotten.

The known ‘facts’ about Abaddon is that he was apparently beautiful and kind, and highly proficient in the use of magic. Slowly he corrupted, with his physical appearance changing accordingly.

He was stronger than a combination of gods together and was called god of secrets. I assume the Fall of Abaddon would have explained some of the said secrets which made him so strong (Ley lines?)

Remember, what happened there changed to ocean to a crystal desert. A giant catastrophe, much like the explosion of Thaumanova.

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Imagine if the only way to completely free the Sylvari from Mordremoth’s potential influence was to destroy the Pale Tree?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Come on, devs. You know we want Abaddon back, and you know we squee at any possible references to him.

Why would anyone want one long forgotten god of a pretty lame race back?

More importantly, why one who is so lame and unoriginal as Abaddon. Even the name screams “Generic plot idea bought for 0,50€ on roll20”.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: LadyGiselda.7956

LadyGiselda.7956

Imagine if the only way to completely free the Sylvari from Mordremoth’s potential influence was to destroy the Pale Tree?

If you destroy the pale tree you destroy a very important part of all silvari mind. they are connected silvari and pale tree are 1 together. Even the Soundless are connected with a small part to the Pale tree (And they try disconnect )

in Living World

Evans.6347

As long as Sylvari do not forcefully push past the Pale Tree’s protection, they seem to be ok. Both Scarlet and Aerin were disconnected through external means.

Obviously the Pale Tree is way too important to die.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It was stated in game that the diagram shows the planet of Tyria with pale tree on top of it….. i don’t get what you are theorycrafting here…

in Living World

Ronin.7381

The known ‘facts’ about Abaddon is that he was apparently beautiful and kind, and highly proficient in the use of magic. Slowly he corrupted, with his physical appearance changing accordingly.

He really didn’t start going into diabolical territory until the other gods stepped in and tried to moderate the amount of knowledge he was allowing the humans to have. This kittened him off more than anything, offending him because he thought the knowledge he had should be shared. The gods of course were worried that man would become too powerful.

Once the gods acted against him, that’s when he started to retaliate. After the gods gathered the bloodstones, put them into the volcano, and let it erupt to spread them out thus preventing mortals from putting them together.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It was stated in game that the diagram shows the planet of Tyria with pale tree on top of it….. i don’t get what you are theorycrafting here…

It was stated in the game that some NPC’s thought it is something like that. And it’s not like any of them have ever been in Realm of Torment, close to it, or even heard about it as something more than long-forgotten story.

And of course it has been long ago established, than NPC’s are not all-knowing, and frequently can be mistaken, or even outright completely wrong about things.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Would love it if Master of Peace is Razah

in Living World

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

In Abaddon’s case the vines were just large hairs not thorny vines….

+1.
While it was revealed that both the “Gods” and the Seers (who created the bloodstones before the gods used them) both channeled Magic that leaked from the Dragons, none of Abbadon’s involvements in the 3 Cataclysms he was behind (Lord Jaddoth, the Charr & the Searing Cauldron, or Vizier Kihlbron) matched in any way this “jungle dragon”. Shiro’s is even harder to pin down as that was a release of Dwayna’s power stored in the Emperor (right after it was transferred to him) AND it was basically on the other side of the hemisphere where many suspect the “Sea Dragon” is closer to

I think even saying someone in their art department is a big hentai fan would make more sense than this theory since most of Abbadon’s recorded history all took place around Orr and N.W. of Vabbi, ie: no where near Maguuma.

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

What if both the theories are correct…It could be both a map of RoT and a diagram with the Pale Tree at its center…Abbadon could still be dead and his story can indeed be completely over AND the Pale Tree could still be located over the center of his realm…A tree feeds istelf through its roots, right? Both theories on the diagram could be one in the same.

What if the Pale Tree’s roots are tangled around the dead body of Abaddon – siphoning whatever is left from him to feed iteslf so that it can continue bringing ‘good’ into the world in the form of Sylvari…converting it somehow.

And the Nightmare court’s aim is to hault the ‘good’ and somehow force evil back down through the roots toward the Realm of Torment…(They do try to corrupt the dream in a way)…not necessarily to bring back Abbadon…but for something else…some other purpose.

Just a though.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If it does have something to do with Abaddon, maybe we can finally have a reason to return to the Ring of Fire area

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Ronin.7381

What if the Pale Tree’s roots are tangled around the dead body…

He didn’t have a body last I saw him and was destroyed shortly after the reveal….

in Living World

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

As cool as all these ideas about the Realm of Torment, Abaddon, Menzies, Razah, et cetera… I think you’re all setting yourselves up for a major disappointment. I think this story will, unfortunately, go about with us following the footsteps of Scarlet to understand Mordremoth. If something from the original Guild Wars lore pops up, like any of the aforementioned names (or even Mursaat for that matter) then I will be pleasantly surprised. However, I don’t see it happening.

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything. I’m just trying to be realistic and I want to make sure that people don’t hype up the season too much. It led to a huge disappointment with Season One.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

in Living World

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

As cool as all these ideas about the Realm of Torment, Abaddon, Menzies, Razah, et cetera… I think you’re all setting yourselves up for a major disappointment. I think this story will, unfortunately, go about with us following the footsteps of Scarlet to understand Mordremoth. If something from the original Guild Wars lore pops up, like any of the aforementioned names (or even Mursaat for that matter) then I will be pleasantly surprised. However, I don’t see it happening.

Not trying to be a pessimist or anything. I’m just trying to be realistic and I want to make sure that people don’t hype up the season too much. It led to a huge disappointment with Season One.

have you already done the story of this episode? Well, whatever, feel very surprised. Varesh was mentioned lol so is not like people are hyping up anything, they are just using their brains.

Problem is, many people never played or heard about Guild Wars before, so they think most of these things are overthinking. However, as the story unveils, It is clearly showing it is not overthinking.

in Living World

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

have you already done the story of this episode? Well, whatever, feel very surprised. Varesh was mentioned lol so is not like people are hyping up anything, they are just using their brains.

Problem is, many people never played or heard about Guild Wars before, so they think most of these things are overthinking. However, as the story unveils, It is clearly showing it is not overthinking.

Thank you all for the laugh, truely.

I think its interesting OP, that the RoT and scarlet drawings overlap so much and share so much. it could be related or it could just be that Anet recycles old things for profit -cough-…

The rest of you tho, bat kitten crazy. I urge you to calm yourselves and go re-read lore… then apply logic to your predictions.

If your theory has more than a Single “But what if” in it, it’s not a good theory. its really not, Menzies enslaving the elder dragons to rule cantha.. litterally.. makes no sense.. none..

Abbadon is dead.. dead dead.. like dead.. get over it.

And to the above, no, it’s clearly been shown to be over thinking far too many times over to be thought of as anything else. Anet mentions Varresh ? What was the context? oh yeah.. in context of getting dumber things to do dirty work for you.. something scarlet did and Varresh did and was herself, a part of in both cases…

It’s not a revelation, its a passing nod for Gw1 players still playing Gw2…

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Living World

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

Thank you all for the laugh, truely.

I think its interesting OP, that the RoT and scarlet drawings overlap so much and share so much. it could be related or it could just be that Anet recycles old things for profit -cough-…

The rest of you tho, bat kitten crazy. I urge you to calm yourselves and go re-read lore… then apply logic to your predictions.

If your theory has more than a Single “But what if” in it, it’s not a good theory. its really not, Menzies enslaving the elder dragons to rule cantha.. litterally.. makes no sense.. none..

Abbadon is dead.. dead dead.. like dead.. get over it.

And to the above, no, it’s clearly been shown to be over thinking far too many times over to be thought of as anything else. Anet mentions Varresh ? What was the context? oh yeah.. in context of getting dumber things to do dirty work for you.. something scarlet did and Varresh did and was herself, a part of in both cases…

It’s not a revelation, its a passing nod for Gw1 players still playing Gw2…

I understand what you mean because people might try to wrap too tight and right their theories, but on the other hand I have no idea what is your point about it all because you are doing your own theories based on simply… your disregard for the writing and I can’t even understand why, since rarely Anet underuses the details they hint through the game.
During LS1 people did “crazy” theories that proved to be mostly right, assuming the plot is getting thicker this season, and the story is being better written, the only thing too extreme I have read so far is the Cantha thing. The rest is not that much surrealistic to be true.

About Abaddon, who knows… as you said, he was clearly dead/defeated, some people believe he might be back in some way, others think might be Menzies, or it might be something else completely new. These things are theories and people thought these things before this episode come up, before Varresh being mentioned, for example, but you believe she being mentioned is just gibberish of some sort…. you believe she was brought up only to get “dumber things to do dirty work for you..” and " could just be that Anet recycles old things for profit -cough-…".
You know, “could be” is just the same as “maybe if”…. the irony is, you are probably the laziest person I have seen following the story because you are really underthinking things lol
People guessed very right during season one the Ley Lines plot much before it was revealed. When the last 3 episodes of LS1 were up we all knew already what was all that about. But you know, people were just OVERTHINKING right?

Take a look, 7 months ago, people were already guessing the Jungle Dragon, the ley lines and the Maguuma wastes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Connecting-the-dots-DO-NOT-TOUCH-towers

YOU KNOW, OVERTHINKING! hahaha!

In those therms, I don’t understand your big laugh, is your grumpy expression of unjustified disregard for the writing of the story?

(edited by vladracul.6798)