*Spoiler* Whose death was more impactful?

in Living World

Posted by: Eszett.6950

Eszett.6950

I think Belinda hit me, but … I just don’t know what’s the problem with her being a plot device.

There are tons of characters in other games that are plot devices and no one seems to bother about them lol.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

The writers were overeager to kill off Belinda. Simple as that. I felt nothing when she perished, except vague boredom.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

I wont say belinda’s deathw as very impactful, at least not yet. Maybe something will happen because marjory isn’t around to save the day.
But one thing I can say for sure is, drooburt’s death was a 0% impactful. Heck, I ain’t even even seen that name until the forums started to whine for his death, and even then, I completed the two chapters and never ran into him. So I can say this at least; if he played a role, it wasn’t important as the game progresses just fine without ever running into him.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Drooburt isn’t a story character. He is a lovable gag that the devs slipped into gates of maguuma. And his death is still more impact then the hollow Belinda.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

Drooburt… we barely knew ye…

in Living World

Posted by: Bilacus.6104

Bilacus.6104

Demolitionist Tonn. Horrible, just horrible. Still haunts me.

One man’s clever sig is most likely another man’s property.
And you may quote me on that.

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

As topic.

Belinda or Drooburt?

Belinda:
We only saw her for 1 episode, chit chatted abit then saw her hang in Episode 2.
While she’s related to Marjory, and its sad that she died, i can’t help but feel that Anet
wasted an opportunity to pull an “Aeris” on us. She should have stayed for a couple of episodes more IMO, which would make her death MORE impactful. Really lost a golden opportunity with this one IMO.

Drooburt:
Surprisingly, i felt more sad at seeing Drooburt die then Belinda.
Partly because I know i’ll never see my 1 gold back lol.
He was just there, with absolutely no reason other then asking for money.
While we also only saw Droo for only 1 episode, we have absolutely no idea where he’s from, other then a probably down on his luck quaggan just needing a drink and i dunno, i truly felt sad when i saw him just hanging there, because he truly was an innocent victim of Mordy’s onslaught.

Waddya’ll think?

I think Belinda’s death was more impactful. Why do I say that? I actually got to know Belinda a little. I barely knew Drooburt at all though, so while I could relate to Belinda to some extent, I couldn’t relate to Drooburt at all.

(Although I did have the “Awww, they killed the quaggan!” reaction when I saw him dead.)

My reaction to Belinda’s death was utter shock. I sat there, my eyes staring at the screen and I was like “Well fudge. That was unexpected. Poor Belinda… I feel bad for Marjory now.” I almost wanted to tell Marjory that everything would be okay.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

I think I was more sad about the cute Asuran’s strangled in the Ley Line Hub. The one with pigtails grasping at the vine that choked her to death is probably the saddest. Belinda couldn’t survive a little leg lock by a plant thats her own fault. And lets face it, that Quaggan had no business being in that desert land.. No wonder he was so thirsty!

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Demolitionist Tonn. Horrible, just horrible. Still haunts me.

Points up to this post
This guy/gal right here gets it.

Tonn or Forgal, either one makes me hate replaying the tragedies when I roll new characters.
I just don’t want to see them go.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!