[Spoiler] fear not this night: end of LS2

in Living World

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

My english is not the best and maybe i’m misinterpreting something. I think the lyrics of the song “fear not this night” describes exactly the current events at the end of the Living Story 2.

Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way. Awaken from a quiet sleep, hear the whispering of the wind. Awaken as the silence grows in a solitude of the night. Darkness spreads through all the land and your weary eyes open silently.

Sunsets have forsaken all and must open their eyes and, Nightmares come when shadows grow… Ice glows and heartbeats slow.

Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way. And you can always be strong. Lift your voice, with the first light of dawn. Dawn is just a heartbeat away Hope’s just a sunrise away.

Distant sounds of melodies calling through the night to your heart. Auroras, mists and echoes dance in the solitude of our life. Pleading silent arias gently grieving in captive misery. Darkness sings a forlorn song and yet our hope can still rise up. Nightmares come when shadows grow. Lift your voice, lift your heart.

Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way. And though the night sky’s filled with blackness… Fear not rise up… come on and take my hand. Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way.

Fear not this night, you will not go astray. Though shadows fall, still the stars find their way. And you can always be strong. Lift your voice, with the first light of dawn. Dawn is just a heartbeat away Hop’s just a sunrise away.

So i think it is written for the fight of the sylvari against Mordremoth. It fits to other dragon fights, but especially some vocabulary (shadows, nightmare, sound[less]) reminds me of the sylvari and the dragon.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

(edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287)

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Yeah you have a nice point here.

I’ve always thought the line, “Pleading silent arias gently grieving in captive misery”, described Zhaitan’s minions very well though.

| Lithia |

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The point is that it fits well in any time of turmoil. it was written for the fight against Zhaitan though. I’m pretty sure Ree has talked about writing it in an interview. I have no idea how to find it though. It’s great that the song is so re-applicable. I think she did an amazing job with it.

in Living World

Posted by: PsiQss.6927

PsiQss.6927

The point is that it fits well in any time of turmoil. it was written for the fight against Zhaitan though. I’m pretty sure Ree has talked about writing it in an interview. I have no idea how to find it though. It’s great that the song is so re-applicable. I think she did an amazing job with it.

Well thinking of it now, I can’t really imagine her saying: “this song was written to describe future events that will lead to an expansion”

I’m not saying it was, but it could potentially have been written FOR Zhaitan fight but with having HoT in mind. I don’t think that’s how it went but it would be cool if it did :P It’s an amazing song anyway. Which makes me want to listen to it so bad now. Which always makes me want to immediately start playing GW2. Which is not the best of ideas now, since it’s half past midnight here, heh.

Well who cares, I have to listen to it now..