[Spoiler...maybe?] Anyone know what this is?

in Living World

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

That prolly is the ruined Eye of the North outpost and the Hall of Monuments.
Have u not and yer wife has visited the Hall of Monuments ?!

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

in Living World

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

She has no memory of ever being there (we didn’t play GW1) but looking at the wiki for that place it seems spot on. Thank you for solving the mystery!

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you want to visit it you can get a free HoM portal stone

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments_Portal_Stone

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Its the Hall of Monuments. Its only accessible to people who linked their accounts to a GW1 acount.
You’ll need a Hall of Monuments Portal Stome which can only be acquired that way

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Its the Hall of Monuments. Its only accessible to people who linked their accounts to a GW1 acount.
You’ll need a Hall of Monuments Portal Stome which can only be acquired that way

It’s not only accessible to people with linked Guild Wars 1 accounts. Any player in this game can go there by getting a portal stone from one of the 2 vendors in game that have free portal stones. (See post above) The stone will port you to the HoM building. It will be empty of the ranger pets and Kimmes won’t sell accounts without points anything but all the NPCs will be in there.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

It’s not only accessible to people with linked Guild Wars 1 accounts. Any player in this game can go there by getting a portal stone from one of the 2 vendors in game that have free portal stones. (See post above) The stone will port you to the HoM building. It will be empty of the ranger pets and Kimmes won’t sell accounts without points anything but all the NPCs will be in there.

Ah okay. I thought you couldnt get the stone on an unlinked acount. Oh well,

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ah okay. I thought you couldnt get the stone on an unlinked acount. Oh well,

I think that was true at launch. It’s been available to everyone for some time before Scarlet attacked LA (although I don’t remember exactly when).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

At some point the game gave me that orb as a loot. I ended visiting the HoM just to be really depressed looking at an empty room I could only fill by playing a game that I can’t stand…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Well, speaking as a person with a nearly full HoM in GW1, my HoM in GW2 is just as empty. Seeing that was pretty stinking disappointing.