[Spoilers] I believe we are headed to...

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Far Shiverpeaks!!!

http://imgur.com/DY3LhA5
http://imgur.com/FKC2x3e

The super nova at the end of the trailer was:

1) The land was very white and blue, the color palette of the Shiverpeak zones.
2) The nova itself had a blue glow, the color associated with Jormag.
3) A lot of the debris looks like chunks of white ice.
4) The debris headed towards the ship looks more like solid earth, but still has a sheen to it perhaps indicating it is frozen earth.
5) All of the Shiverpeak paintings in the last raid wing which were ALL OVER the place with no explanation as to why. Perhaps it was indicating the White Mantle already know where the next Bloodstone fragment is.
6) It was confirmed in GW1 that a piece of the bloodstone landed in the far shiverpeaks. We just got done dealing with a piece of the very same Bloodstone in the jungle.
7) We are to believe that Lazarus has been resurrected from the end of wing 3 of the raid, however because we interrupted the ressurection early, it is possible that Lazarus is weak and needs to absorb some more magic, which would mean he’d need another bloodstone shard, which is why he’s headed to the shiverpeaks.

Discuss!

I don’t think this is the new fractal as well. I don’t think they would put fractal stuff in the Living Story trailer, they have said that the fractal will have a story parallel to the main arc, but I don’t think the only new footage we got, was them teasing the fractal and not the main story arc.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Meh not my favorite maps but certainly not the worst maps in the game either. Would be nice to actually be able to go to the HoM though.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm, could be. I thought it looked like an explosion out of water, hurling chunks of rock with it (so, Steve/Bubbles?) but your ice land idea works as well and you have a lot of salient points in support.

But it could be the fractal teaser, as we know from the media articles that there will be a Mysterious Asura who creates a new fractal out of elements of the old ones and those hunks of rock looked a lot like the floating fractal islands. Which could be cool, or could feel like a mix and match mashup that recycles puzzles we already know, depending on implementation.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Too bad we’ll have to wait between 2-3 months per part of the Living Story updates. :/

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Jordo.5913

Hmm, could be. I thought it looked like an explosion out of water, hurling chunks of rock with it (so, Steve/Bubbles?) but your ice land idea works as well and you have a lot of salient points in support.

But it could be the fractal teaser, as we know from the media articles that there will be a Mysterious Asura who creates a new fractal out of elements of the old ones and those hunks of rock looked a lot like the floating fractal islands. Which could be cool, or could feel like a mix and match mashup that recycles puzzles we already know, depending on implementation.

It is possible, but those things that look like floating fractal islands, weren’t actually there before the explosion, you can see the nova destroying the land beneath it before then having the debris get propelled toward the ship.

This could be potentially showing the before and how the chaos isles were created, and setting up the fractal, but i think they would tease the main story arc and not the fractal.

in Living World

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I would be thrilled if it was in the Far Shiverpeaks especially now that we are able to glide. I think you hit the nail on the head, far too many hints for that considering the paintings and all. I think it will be the snow zone because I believe that is the target for the next expansion, just a gut feeling.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Living World

RyuDragnier.9476

I would be thrilled if it was in the Far Shiverpeaks especially now that we are able to glide. I think you hit the nail on the head, far too many hints for that considering the paintings and all. I think it will be the snow zone because I believe that is the target for the next expansion, just a gut feeling.

This makes me wonder…if they add something new for masteries, what would it be? A grappling hook, wall climbing, what?

[hS]

in Living World

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

This makes me wonder…if they add something new for masteries, what would it be? A grappling hook, wall climbing, what?

Laura croft esq ice wall climbing.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in Living World

Jordo.5913

Laura croft esq ice wall climbing.

Man…wall climbing some tall mountains to glide off the summit! That would be awesome!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

In my opinion its the enormous amount of ley-line energy flowing around the world at the moment that is just chaotic and is actually causing some eruption on the surface in some form of cataclysm .

in Living World

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Or maybe it’s just the White Mantle trying to revive Lazarus by pumping a bunch of magic into the Maguuma Bloodstone causing it to explode. But.. could also be the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone. Atleast, I hope it is!

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

People have said that the last shot has something to do with a new fractal. Could be wrong, but seeing as things have been bandit related, I can not see us going anywhere near the shiver peaks.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

gricks.1897

I think it could be snow/ice related. Also this could always be a teaser for season 4 as well. I feel they took all this time to get a full roadmap going to the next expansion, and if they continue with the 2 seasons then expansion model, that could work. I feel like we will be heading to the shiverpeaks, and that we may focus on Eirs son perhaps chipping the Tooth of Jormag to herald that in.

in Living World

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

If we go to the far north I hope we get to see some GW:EN references. Especially that one rabbit who would lead you into a certain dangerous cave.
Like others have said though I could see it either being tied to Lazarus/Shiverpeaks Bloodstone or Jormag.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If we go to the far north I hope we get to see some GW:EN references. Especially that one rabbit who would lead you into a certain dangerous cave.
Like others have said though I could see it either being tied to Lazarus/Shiverpeaks Bloodstone or Jormag.

That rabbit, I will hate it till the day I die.

Also thinking on it, you could be right OP, we did see one of Glints children in Eye of the North. So we could be heading there to find him/her.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

in Living World

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

Well, as long as its not on tangle depths.

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

With all the leyline energy going about, blue may as well mean leylines exploding. They have been doing that for some time.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I find the Shiverpeaks to be one of my least-favorite zones, even though I love playing Norn. It’s just so cold and white and rocky. I really wish we could finally go to the Crystal Desert, or the land where the bird people (completely blanking out on their name!) live. And if we ever go to the desert, I do NOT want it to be like Dry Top and SW. Those were awful for me and not what I was wanting as a new type of zone. Also would love to see a forest that actually feels like a forest, not just a few stray trees here-and-there (too many video games suffer from this, even Elder Scrolls games).

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

in Living World

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

It did say we where headed north at end of the Last expansion. I always thought north of divinity but it could mean far north , Northern shiver peaks

in Living World

Posted by: Lizardguard.2860

Lizardguard.2860

SAB did a pretty good job of an “I´m in a forest” feel in W1S2.
Anyway, back to topic. Imagine a map with the size of one of the new maps and place it in the far shiverpeaks. What i get in my mind is a huuuge map with super high peaks and vertical cliffs, sporting the occasional well hidden cave (hidden by icicles obviously) and down on the bottom there might be people making their living, masters of ice and rock.
Anyway, masteries, what about sledging? :O

in Living World

gricks.1897

I personally find the Shiverpeaks beautiful. Granted I love the alpine and mountainous looks. I was hoping for either Jormag, or Kralky next. My belief is that Kralky would be last. In the stories with Divinities Edge, he was the first. I feel like DE2.0 will keep distance from him becaus eof this until the very last. Give a couple dragons for Glints Child to develop.

in Living World

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I could totes see Kralk being one of the last and then possible Palawa Joko.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

When I saw the trailer, the land looked green, not white/blue and ice covered.

Could be wrong, there’s been hints of going after Jormag (more than after Primordus and Kralkatorrik though all three could be acting up now with all the magic in the world). But I’ve been thinking the explosion will be related to the ley-line anomalies.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

I love the Shiverpeaks and would like to go to the Far Shiverpeaks… but the masteries there would be hellish to design, at least in my head, because I can’t see allied populations so far in the North. Jormag has ruled there for far too long for any civilization to have remained uncorrupted there. Even norns couldn’t hide among the Icebroods for so long.

in Living World

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

Think about the “verticality” of the new maps compared to old ones. Then, think about being in a high mountain / rocky cliff environment. Could be cool!

I’d still prefer the desert / elona, though.

in Living World

RyuDragnier.9476

I love the Shiverpeaks and would like to go to the Far Shiverpeaks… but the masteries there would be hellish to design, at least in my head, because I can’t see allied populations so far in the North. Jormag has ruled there for far too long for any civilization to have remained uncorrupted there. Even norns couldn’t hide among the Icebroods for so long.

Maybe Dwarves? They ARE made of stone at this point…

[hS]

in Living World

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

I would reserve the dwarves for a Primordius expansion… but then again, Tengu would be there as well. I think Far Shiverpeaks masteries should revolve around :

Kodan (semi-aquatic masteries, since there is a lot of seas now in the north)
Ancient Jotun (mystical artefacts, that kind of thing)
Possibly Norns if we need to combat the freezing weather itself

But other masteries would be hard to find. The Modniir who lived there wouldn’t want to teach us anything and they left a long time ago, the lands of the Dwarves from before the Tome of Rubicon are already ingame, disputed between the Norns and Dredges….

Now that I think about it, perhaps that an isolationist group of Dredge could live in the Far Shiverpeaks, but I wonder how ANet would make them interesting.

As for LS3, I hope that the Itzel, Nuhocs and Exalted will still have a role to play. I would hate for them to not be touched upon, especially the later, who are so tied to human history.

in Living World

Posted by: Grim.9458

Grim.9458

Meh not my favorite maps but certainly not the worst maps in the game either. Would be nice to actually be able to go to the HoM though.

You actually can, it’s been in the game for a long time. It’s just decrepit.

There’s a vendor in LA that sells a blue medallion which teleports you there.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You actually can, it’s been in the game for a long time. It’s just decrepit.

There’s a vendor in LA that sells a blue medallion which teleports you there.

Yea, shoulda been more specific. I meant actually be able to walk there as in there’s a map with a portal to HoM instead of that stone thing

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I’m pretty sure the hole is in Lake Doric, there has been a recent map completion bug where DR would give you Lake Doric completion. That lake is positioned north of DR and in the trailer you can see what looks like waves surrounding the red ring and storm.