*Spoilers* Machine at the end

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

So about Omadd’s machine…do you guys really think it shows ‘the Eternal Alchemy’?

I haven’t made up my mind personally, but there are a few things that make me question it.

First of all, it’s too perfect that a philosophical theory thought of centuries ago turns out to be true. This is not something relatively minor like the Higgs-Boson…this is the entire workings of the universe…displayed in the exact same manner as we’d ‘like to see it’. A bit too convenient.

Second, there’s only 1 Pale Tree. From the Sylvari personal story, we already know that there must be at least 2 pale trees, possibly more. So what makes this particular tree so important? Also, where are the Spirits of the Wild and the human gods in this equation? The latter I can understand, but the former should at least have been visible.

Finally, the device has been modified by Scarlet and yet we still haven’t gone mad. That seems highly unlikely. My main character was a human, but sylvari play the story too (I’ve even seen mooses, tigers and quaggans). It just doesn’t make sense (yet).

So my current feeling is that this machine works more like the Pale Tree’s future visions. You can see possibilities in a way you can comprehend, showing you part what you need to see and part what you want to see. Like a huge drug trip of some kind.

Anyway, these are my thoughts but I haven’t made up my mind yet so I’d love to hear what you guys think.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

There’s more than 1 Pale Tree? o.o

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

It shows Tyria or rather the part of Tyria connected to the Pale Tree….

The central orb shows a distorted map with a golden glow in the center….

Mordremoth corrupted the continent of Tyria itself….

Malyck’s tree has no Dream and as such this means that the Pale Tree’s dream is tied to Tyria’s spot in the Eternal Alchemy…..

Mordremoth had corrupted the continent’s Dream….. Yes…. it would seem that the continent dreams….. And was corrupted by Mordremoth creating the Nightmare….

Ventari’s tablet keeps the Pale Tree and those protected by her from the corrupted Dream of Tyria….

Do note that the Nightmare appears to be everywhere in the Dream….. The Pale Tree’s protection keeps Sylvari from being corrupted by continent’s Nightmare into Mordrem….

in Living World

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Ventari’s tablet is just a rock Ventari carved his life lessons on or rather it sounds like, old centaur teachings, long abandoned by the other tribes.

I suspect what is shielding the Pale Tree and the Sylvari is the Pale Tree itself.

There are several pieces of this puzzle left unknown.

What is Glint’s legacy? Its seems quite possible that Glint knew she would die. She was an oracle. It would strike me as likely that she would have prepared for her inevitable death. More over she would have known the nature of the Elder Dragons and knew that simply killing them might not have been a permanent solution.

What connections do the Druids have with the Sylvari? We have hints at links between the Druids and Sylvari but we don’t know in what way. Druids are likely to come into the story at some point this season, having lived in the Maguuma. This also offers a chance for Melandru to have had some influence on this.

Finally, why does the Pale Tree have a connection to the Dream and other trees like her don’t. Or do they? We know there are other Trees out there. Are they already corrupted or are they resisting too? If not, what makes the Pale Tree special?

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Glint may have put mental protections on her maybe?

She may have been planted in a specific place tied to Tyria’s dreams…..

Wind Riders which are Chaos Magic beasts circled the lake in which the Pale Tree was at the center of…… So the lake must be connected to the Dream….. Tied to the continent itself as it were….

The question we must ask is…… What makes Arbor Bay’s lake so special that it is linked to the Dream of the continent of Tyria?…..

This living story season might give us the answers…..

Personally I suspect it was placed on a Mursaat rift into their dimension….. In other Words the Dream is the same place that the Mursaat hid away in when the Elder Dragons previously terrorized the continent…..

Now thanks to the Pale Tree being connected directly to it Mordremoth got himself a link to the Dream that the Mursaat used as a hidaway…..

For all we know the Mursaat created the Dream!

(edited by Mickey Frogeater.1470)