[Spoilers] Mordremoth final LS fight

in Living World

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

Did you guys at Anet have 0 kittening people play-test this?

1. - The whole Massive AoE, horribly designed.
  2. - Absurd amount of bugs for something that drives thousands of players(living story). It’s a single person instance- so not stress-tested, or just not play-tested at all?
Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Please don’t put spoiler in your title and proceed to add a whopping great big spoiler straight after!

in Living World

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

Trahearne dies.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in Living World

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

I’m not sure what you’re complaining about…? I got it on the second try (didn’t get up into the air quickly enough).

Pretty fun fight. Not as challenging as Liadri was.

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Living World

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

I’m not sure what you’re complaining about…? I got it on the second try (didn’t get up into the air quickly enough).

Pretty fun fight. Not as challenging as Liadri was.

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Living World

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I had to restart many time, but I did it finally.

Only the gliding part is buggy, it needs to be changed. Or reset at where you were, not resetting all the fight -.-

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Trahearne dies.

Because Mordremoth’s true form left a copy of his mind inside him while we fought it in the part of the Dream overlapping Dragon’s Stand thus forcing us to personally kill him.

The ancient Drake(he’s alot like a bipedal version of the Drakes in Elona which is why I call him one) hid in the Dream while using the Mordrem like an avatar from the saftey of his sanctum in said Dream.

In the end he himself wasn’t asleep but his corruption was. His corruption centralized where the part of Tyria overlapped with his true body in the Dream and started spreading when Magic reached it.

Killing Mordremoth’s true form and killing the last fragment of his mind released all of his Magic from the center of his corruption and it seems to have split into four magic streams that are being absorbed by various beings(3 of which are almost certainly Raid Bosses with the forth being the new Elder Dragon hatching from Glint’s Egg).

in Living World

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Trahearne dies.

Because Mordremoth’s true form left a copy of his mind inside him while we fought it in the part of the Dream overlapping Dragon’s Stand thus forcing us to personally kill him.

The ancient Drake(he’s alot like a bipedal version of the Drakes in Elona which is why I call him one) hid in the Dream while using the Mordrem like an avatar from the saftey of his sanctum in said Dream.

In the end he himself wasn’t asleep but his corruption was. His corruption centralized where the part of Tyria overlapped with his true body in the Dream and started spreading when Magic reached it.

Killing Mordremoth’s true form and killing the last fragment of his mind released all of his Magic from the center of his corruption and it seems to have split into four magic streams that are being absorbed by various beings(3 of which are almost certainly Raid Bosses with the forth being the new Elder Dragon hatching from Glint’s Egg).

Will Glint Children become evil like the other elder dragons? That would make up for an interesting plot, like him (or her) wanting to save all the dragons from extinction.

Also, the various beings could possibly be other elder dragons aswell, there was an art showcasing a huge hydra attacking Lion’s Arch which could be the Deep Sea Elder Dragon, we know that after a ED dies, another one takes his place and become active like a force of nature.

in Living World

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

It’s kind of dim to complain about the “spoiler” that you have a battle with Mordremoth.

Anyway, yeah this is really frustrating. The little cyclones that are supposed to throw you into the air don’t seem to work for me most of the time, which is kind of a problem since he knocks you out of the air within a few seconds so you need to get back up there.

Also had an issue where a reality rift showed up behind Braham IN THE AIR – that was game over. It wasn’t just a visual bug either; standing next to Braham to try to activate it didn’t work.

Buggy, frustrating fight that takes forever just to get into it (the two illusion battles beforehand) and breaks your armor should you fail.

in Living World

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Your own character tells you to take flight/pop immunities. I just blocked till i found a spot to fly at.

I think there is a excuse to die once to this boss, no more <.< He dealt almost no dmg(unless you stand infront of his aoes..) and nothing about it was badly designed if you ask me.

in Living World

Posted by: funkpanda.2845

funkpanda.2845

I completely agree – Im not the best player but I’ve been attempting to do this final mission for two nights in a row now.

I’ve finally can handle the first two illusion fights first try. But the mordremoth fight is so buggy and frustrating.
The air spouts dont lift you half the time. The fight bugs out if you wipe and don’t wait long enough for it to reset. How long do you wait? I dont know sometimes its instant other times it take 3-4 minutes.

Its REALLY frustrating.

in Living World

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I thought the fight was really fun but yeah … kind of buggy which was annoying.

in Living World

Posted by: Veeshan.8451

Veeshan.8451

Been at it for an hour now not a single time ive manage to do it without bugging. Either the rifts appear in mid air over the cliff where the rubble broken away or u get to the end and the rift disapears and never trigger the boss weakening and stay invun while bhran or what his face stand there meleeing it enever opeing up another rift.

in Living World

Posted by: Lis.6475

Lis.6475

Don’t put the spoiler warning together with the spoiler in the title.
What do you think spoiler warnings are there for?

in Living World

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Thank you for that thread title

/facepalm

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Living World

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

So the wife and I just did this one.

We did it on the second try but it does have some really poor implementation. Interesting in general, and the concept is phenominal. From a paper perspective I love it. Until…

Time out. Seriously? If one of your party dies, you get put into time out, no chance of resurrection or rejoining, and YOU CANT EVEN WATCH THE BATTLE?

How was this ever a good idea in implementation?

Also, WAY to many particle effects. Coming from a colorblind person, I had no idea which particle effects were which. I was just hoping not to sand in the bad particle effects versus the flashy particle effects.

The fight was long. Super long. Way longer than it needed to be. Once you figured it out, it was not tough, but it was just time consuming, for the sake of being time consuming.

Leading up tot his wife and I were loving the LS, it was very well done for the most part. This fight though was NOT the capstone we were expecting or wanting. I am glad it was an upgrade from Zhaitan, as in we actually fought Mordremoth, BUT the mechanics and especially the time out box were very poorly done.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw