Stagnant, Living Story needed.

in Living World

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

The living story keeps the game alive. I know the devs needed time off from making content on a bi-weekly basis , but the game gets really stagnant if there isn’t new content being thrown at us.

Season 2 will obviously be better than Season 1 because the devs now have a good idea of how to present content and lore. I personally would like to see more detailed cutscenes similar to the crown pavilion(Lord Faren’s fall :P) , marjory’s entrance, scarlet’s death. All of these cutscenes should be replayable even after that living story sequence is over. Yes you can find these on youtube somewhere but they should be in the game.

So far it feels there is really nothing to do in PvE except the ever so boring train. Spvp has definitely improved with the feature patch but I am getting burnt out.

I wish Anet would give us a bite of something that is soon to come. I am hungry.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

The living story keeps the game alive. I know the devs needed time off from making content on a bi-weekly basis , but the game gets really stagnant if there isn’t new content being thrown at us.

Season 2 will obviously be better than Season 1 because the devs now have a good idea of how to present content and lore. I personally would like to see more detailed cutscenes similar to the crown pavilion(Lord Faren’s fall :P) , marjory’s entrance, scarlet’s death. All of these cutscenes should be replayable even after that living story sequence is over. Yes you can find these on youtube somewhere but they should be in the game.

So far it feels there is really nothing to do in PvE except the ever so boring train. Spvp has definitely improved with the feature patch but I am getting burnt out.

I wish Anet would give us a bite of something that is soon to come. I am hungry.

I would certainly also like to see the start of LS2, but I think we need to be patient. It has been about a month and a half since the end of season one, and just the term ‘season’ should imply a significant gap between them. As much as I want new content, I don’t think flaming Anet will help.

Not that you are, OP! This is actually one of the more kindly and reasonably worded rants on the forums.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I think the lack of a new living story is because of the megaservers. anet are focusing on how it works out before adding anything new. It’s mostly ok imo, but they need to do something about guild missions cos atm megaservers are messing those up something awful.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I think the lack of a new living story is because of the megaservers. anet are focusing on how it works out before adding anything new. It’s mostly ok imo, but they need to do something about guild missions cos atm megaservers are messing those up something awful.

A bit off topic but yeah after the introduction of megaservers guild missions are annoying. “Need a taxi” – Perhaps a “join on Guild leader” button might be a quick fix, since trying to get 100+ people together in the same overflow takes more time that is necessary.

On topic – Yes they do need to hint at something, silence is not golden when you have a player base standing around waiting. There is a lot of PvP stuff going on but not everyone is into that.