State of Dry Top Later On

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This is mainly for the Devs, since I’m pretty sure I’m not the only wondering what will happen with Dry Top once LS moves away from it. (Mainly questioning for geodes, since they’re required for all of new items that are exclusive to Dry Top)

• So what is going to happen to the Dry Top meta in say a month or more (whenever we finish the Zephyrite aspect anyways)?
  • How will we get Geodes later on (for those that don’t grind for them now)?
  • Will the events be replaced with some generic ones (events specific to Zephyrites anyways, since Inquest would probably stay there anyways)?
  • Will the cost of the recipes (mainly the Ambrite weapon recipes) and lockpicks be reduced later on? (since its pretty much guaranteed that there won’t be enough people on the maps later on to be able to get it past probably tier 2 (if that))

Hopefully a dev will be kind enough to answer at least some of these…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

My guess is it’ll stay the same and interest will shift focus into other stuff for the next map.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Since the events also drop chests, maybe it will be the new high level Queensdale.

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I have briefly pondered the same thing, for there to be a ‘living’ world, the Zepherites just can’t ‘stay’ injured and scattered all over the place… and surely after (at the end) this LS2 comes to conclusion the area will have to change into a more generic ‘stuck in time’ → ‘but acceptable state’ …

And I personally think the seeds have already been put in place. There is a ‘town’ now lacking citizens, and for as far as Zepherites didn’t die in the crash, they were likely hit by the vines as well. There are also the centaur nearby, a friendly tribe, who, in a sense, share some of the more friendly qualities with the Zephrites. These centaur also know of the Inquest (I think one warns for them), so they have been around for some time, and obviously there is still some ‘bandit’ trading going on…

So more then likely the Zepherites will stay there, in limbo, trying to rebuild one of their ships, in hopes of returning back to the skies. We will still be able to gain ‘favor’ by completing quests that contribute to their survival, the rebuilding of their armada, and regaining all the remains of Glint.

As far as farming goes I am somewhat sure that plans have already been made:
- What if the Mega Server doesn’t yield enough players for the higher tiers → then likely all rewards will be placed in all tiers. Tiers now only represent prices.
- What if this means that farming will take ages (esp. for the new players) → drop rates may be increased slightly, and rewards gained from doing the actual story parts will increase more dramatically. So that the new players are helped in their purchases…

Lastly: What will become of the Zepherite festival ?? assuming it will return…
- Well we might see a reverse trade happening in this case. Only a small ship (or a few) will be completed b4 the next festival. They will want our ‘gathered’ goods in return of various items they traded/gathered locally (in Dry Top areas). Some of the rewards able for purchase for geodes in Dry Top, may also be for trade…

This will make sense, instead of have a lot of ‘gathered’ goods to trade (mainly foods though), they are now in a less fruit full area (that small Centaur farm will not be enough to sustain everybody – also see the bandit trade going on). So they will trade what they have an abundance of now, for all sorts of goods they do need.

And the whole thing ‘for the rest of it’ can pretty much stay the same. Now the area will make sense for as long as the Zepherites need to rebuild their fleet, and the festival can stay the same (be it with a difference in trading goods). Where the fleet progress of the Zepherites can be displayed every year. Disregarding in a sense what happens in Dry Top, given that dialog there says something like: ‘we intend to stay here until we rebuild our fleet, so all our people can take to the skies once more’. Possibly occasionally the fleet will also be for display somewhere in Dry Top, showing that besides some trade runs for festivals, the Zepherites remain in Dry Top until they are prepared to leave again…

And even ‘after’ they leave, the Dry Top area can remain largely the same. Only now there are Zepherites that stay there because they feel there are still remains of Glint to be found. Or, they got into relations with locals. Or they want to stay where their family is buried to attend to their grave… The zepherite festival might, at that point, change locations (if it didn’t already), to be held at Dry Top. So that each year at least all Zepherites can be united, and all can commemorate ‘the fallen’. They will also be there to pick up further found remains of Glint, and obviously drop off supplies…

A lot has changed, a lot of history added, but ‘in essence’ a lot remained the same and all is well… so don’t worry to much ok

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Living World

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Since the events also drop chests, maybe it will be the new high level Queensdale.

There was some talk about champ farming rotations through there, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see that kind of stuff going on there, especially given the additional map-specific rewards you get from being there.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I could see it turning into the next Queensdale considering everything is on a timer, but the champs scale quite a bit

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

My guess is it’ll stay the same and interest will shift focus into other stuff for the next map.

But then what about those that want to get the ambrite weapons? They’re screwed, since there probably wont be many there to get the favor tier up high enough.

Except there isn’t that many champs that spawn in a short time, unlike other areas (Queensdale was really short between each. Haven’t done fgs or orr champ trains so I don’t know the time it takes for a full rotation). And I doubt the legendary giant is enough to pull people either since its also once per day (and not sure if it spawns on all tiers though).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I have briefly pondered the same thing, for there to be a ‘living’ world, the Zepherites just can’t ‘stay’ injured and scattered all over the place… and surely after (at the end) this LS2 comes to conclusion the area will have to change into a more generic ‘stuck in time’ -> ‘but acceptable state’ …

(snip)

A lot has changed, a lot of history added, but ‘in essence’ a lot remained the same and all is well… so don’t worry to much ok

Agreed all you really have to do is think of Orr and how it is today, it is forever replaying the events at the end of your PS for the most part and thanks to the megaservers the maps have a much bigger population than before.

I ran Orr every day for months gathering mats prior to the megaserver launch then got caught-up in other aspects of the game and hadn’t been in Orr for a long time until last week, there were players everywhere to my surprise doing events, the zones were well populated compared to how it use to be when you’d traverse a entire area like Malchor’s Leap and maybe see one or two other players.

Drytop will be fine Anet will make minor adjustments (or not) to the area and there will be a reason to go there just like Orr after the season ends, I’m just thankful that they are opening new areas of the map and who know what is yet to come for the zone we are only at episode 2 and at least 2 other areas have been discovered hopefully we’ll get more events and a dungeon that will keep players coming into the zone after the season has concluded.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ll likely get a farming node for our home instance (either by meta completion or gem store) and/or a mining pick with a chance to get them.