Statue fight

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

Hi,
Am I the only one who has trouble doing this?
I keep fighting off menders but the statue is stuck at 25 %, I just can’t do both :o
been at the fight for 20 min now and sick of it.

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Really rough.
I tried the fight and saw it was more than I had time to deal with.
joined a party with a Mesmer and handled the Healer while Guardian and Ranger dealt with the statue.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Really? I soloed it as a Mesmer. Drop Warden on statue while he’s vulnerable.

Rytlock will kind of sit there attacking, so some Ghosts will cluster there and get hit by Warden.

Focus your effort on the Mender whenever he appears. He spawns outside of the room, so just start thwacking him.

Roll through the Fire if they get near you, similar to Liadri clones.

After killing Mender, pick off Archer or Mages off to the side or pull them to Rytlock/Wardens.

When Statue becomes vulnerable Phantasmal Warden → Signet of the Ether → Phantasmal Warden, melee auto attack on the tomb to get triple hits (won’t affect Blurred Frenzy or Wardens).

If you ever go down, rally off of a Fear Statue, assuming Rox doesn’t revive you.

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Iain.6152

Iain.6152

sorry but just try harder its petty easy pve in gw

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

sorry but just try harder its petty easy pve in gw

Oh man, have you considered writing an advice column for a magazine? Or doing motivational talks for underprivileged children?

Anyway, OP, the fight is actually pretty tough, especially if you don’t come with any condition cleanse. It’s really easy to accidentally rack up like 10-15 seconds of fear if you get unlucky and a bunch of fear wards spawn in a row.

My advice is to bring a couple condition cleanses or stun breaks (at least one of each), and to just go slowly and carefully, prioritizing keeping yourself alive. Just because the Imperator is there watching you doesn’t mean you need to be reckless and try to be heroic.

Statue fight

in Living World

Fuin.8361

thanks a lot for the tips, I did it now

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Are you doing damage? At certain points Rytlock will say he needs to charge Sohothin by killing ghosts. As the NPCs have about 0 dps you need to detarget the boss and kill some of the trash or you’re gonna be waiting a long time. The boss will take 0 damage until Rytlock starts hitting it again.

Statue fight

in Living World

Fuin.8361

Are you doing damage? At certain points Rytlock will say he needs to charge Sohothin by killing ghosts. As the NPCs have about 0 dps you need to detarget the boss and kill some of the trash or you’re gonna be waiting a long time. The boss will take 0 damage until Rytlock starts hitting it again.

Yep that was my mistake

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Really? I soloed it as a Mesmer. Drop Warden on statue while he’s vulnerable.

I knew the fight is soloable. I just didn’t have the time to deal with a solo battle.
Party up, finish quick and helped some buds along the way.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I soloed it as a necro though first try was a wipe.

Advice for necros:

The primary deal with this fight is gettting rid of menders before they reach the statue. Fear works wonders here. Life blasting their rear doesn’t hurt either. Also flesh golem is the bomb against the statue itself. By that i mean CHAAAAARGEEEE IT!

When it goes invincible kill some ghosts, and it’ll be vulnerable again.

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Roll through the Fire if they get near you, similar to Liadri clones.

It’s actually easier to just avoid the fire by running around, it dissapears after 10 seconds.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

It can be tough if you have the wrong build. I went in there with my WvW build and after 10 minutes or so realised it was a waste of time so I restarted the instance with my dungeon build and blitzed through it. I only saw two menders I think.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

solo’ed as ranger. the only annoying thing was the 30 sec fear of the totems which spawn directly on you and the exploding following fireball which basically deals 50%+ dmg to you(although the latter at least is avoidable).

it’s kinda like the fight at fort salma. just concentrate on the mender and every time one dies just deal dmg to whatever has to be damaged(you have to kill ghosts several times to charge the sword and make the statue vulnerable again)

(edited by Nanashi.6297)

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

DPS down the Mender, run back do 3 or so hits on the statue, the mender will spawn, do three more hits, then DPS down the Mender. My biggest mistake was killing the Mender as soon as he spawned. Another one won’t spawn until he’s dead, so as long as you have decent DPS you can continue attacking the statue ‘till he’s out from under the arch. If you are in Knight’s or Soldier’s I’m not sure if this’ll work since it is heavily focused on DPS, you may need to find a different way.

@Subakusaku Once the shield is up, kill more ghosts to charge Sohothin. Once it’s charged, Rytlock will bring down the shield.

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

I solo’d this as a D/P thief and it was way too easy.

1) Beat on statue until mender spawns.
2) Ignore mender until he’s actually in the room, keep killing statue.
3) Steal to mender and DPS. Fear him with stolen skull. Infiltrator Strike to immobilize. DPS and he’s dead long before I run out of CC.
4) Repeat.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Statue fight

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

As a group it is easy. Solo some mechanics can mess you up and reset the boss. But you have no likely hood of dying so saying it is hard is probably not right way to put it it is more annoying.