Still no Survival?

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

I still can’t believe that after a year this game still does not have any sort of survival mode. Content where 5 players group together and enter something similar to a dungeon instance. Once inside, players would fight wave after wave of increasingly harder enemies, and gain rewards based on how long they were able to live. The waves would be unlimited, and allow short intervals between for players to recover, but they would become more difficult after each one was beaten. Players left standing say, after an hour, would be getting multiple champions thrown at them.

The goal wouldn’t be to win, but simply see how long teams could work together before they were overrun. The enemies wouldn’t have to be anything new either. It could throw nightmare court at you one wave, then Orrian Undead on the next one. You could also implement internal rewards, such as a temporary boost to magic find every 10th wave, or increased gold gain every 5th wave. Parties could also have a certain amount of lives, like say 5, to share between the party. Or maybe no lives at all, and they just fought to the last man.

A mode like this would be a fun challenge if it were endless, and would also encourage many different builds and classes to work together to survive. You would need tankier people to draw aggro, dps to kill, and some support to keep the party alive. Different types of mobs with different types of mechanics would have to be throw in, to ensure that no one build or class would be best in all the waves.

Anet, if you’re not working on something like this, please consider implementing it, as I believe it would be a great addition to an already content rich game. You could also check out some games for examples, such as Gear of War’s Horde mode, Halo’s Firefight, Call of Duty’s Zombie Mode, or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron’s Escalation. I know that these games are shooters, but I see no reason why this couldn’t work in Guild Wars 2, as dungeons already force players into an instance where they have to act as a group to succeed. The layout is already sorta there, but the idea is to make it endless and increasingly difficult.

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

WoW just implemented that btw but there its a solo content

a group content like that would be cool here btw.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

Yeah it would definitely have to be group content if it were to be added. Hopefully similar to dungeon instances.

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

There was something like this in guild wars. It was terrible. No thanks.

Even the Evon/Keil challenges which were basically this were frustrating (I guess they were fine as a change of pace but then we had to grind them at least 8 times for the achievements).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

There was something like this in guild wars. It was terrible. No thanks.

Even the Evon/Keil challenges which were basically this were frustrating (I guess they were fine as a change of pace but then we had to grind them at least 8 times for the achievements).

it would be PERM content to those who enjoy these things. it would not give MAJOR SUPER EPIC things just some nice rewards you aren’t forced to do it in anyway.

Personaly I like ALL contents that add to the game I don’t care if something that im not interested in but more Content = bigger game = more players = more things to do if your bored

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I can believe it, I’ve never played one MMO ever that had a game type like that, so it can’t be that common.

I wouldn’t be against a mode like this, but I’d also be OK not having it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Even Runescape had this kind of thing in the Karamja volcano. The reward was a currency and, if you finished it, a sweet cape.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Do you know how ridiculous that statement is?

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

“I still can’t believe that there’s no mode like this very specific one… that isn’t exactly a genre staple… that I apperantly expect to have been added because I willed it, and also because all of the crappy console shooters I play have it.”

Why isn’t this in the suggestions forum?

I wouldn’t be against such a mode, but the way you framed your post is kind of puzzling.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Still no Survival?

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

GW Factions had survival-type missions and from what I remember, they were typically abandoned because they were very unpopular.

So, going by that alone, I’m not surprised ANet hasn’t tried it in GW2.