Suggestion - Living Story Season meta reward?

in Living World

Posted by: Lohre.9031

Lohre.9031

After the conclusion of the LS season 1, I was a little disappointed with “the final reward” (if it even is the final reward) (maybe we’ll get something in the march 18th patch?). After all of the major accomplishments we have participated in throughout the year, we get kind of disappointing rewards (going to be vague to avoid spoilers). I think one of the main reasons why the reward isn’t epic, is because not everyone has been around for the entire season of the LS. Why should everyone get an epic reward?

Maybe, we could have a season long meta reward (a meta meta reward? :o ). So let’s say there are 15 releases. Person A does 15/15 successfully (success could mean achieving that release’s meta, completing that release’s story instance, TBD). Person B does 7/15. Person C does just the last release.

I think it would be cool if Person A’s reward was more epic than Person B’s reward which was more epic than Person C’s reward.

As it stands now, the only thing Person A has that Person B and C don’t are some skins (that Person C can get if they are lucky from the RNG).

This idea didn’t come from I think we should have more rewards or I wouldn’t play. I would play it anyway. It’s just after doing all those great accomplishments (especially the last one), I doubt a hero would get rewarded with that amount of loot.

Specific idea:

Each release rewards a token. Players have the option to use the token for that release’s immediate reward if they wish (these rewards would be similar to the rewards we got in season 1 per release). Or, the player could save the token. At the end of the season (or even at the end of every release), there could be a token reward merchant so players could pick their rewards. 1 token could be worth a box of 2 yellows. 7 could be worth some obsidian shards, yellows, karma, and gold. 15 could be worth an ascended weapon. Obviously what the different amount of tokens would be worth could change. Basic idea: more epic loot for characters that have “saved” or participated in or had an effect on Tyria the longest.

What do you think?

in Living World

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

I kinda like it, but I would prefer good skins over generic ascended weapon/armor.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yeah I think this would cause a lot more uproar than it is now.

You’d have players who feel blindsided that they should have achieved the LS metas to get this bonus reward.

You have to inform the players first for the rewards before handing them out, not after.

I think the account bound skin is more than enough.

in Living World

Posted by: Lohre.9031

Lohre.9031

You’d have players who feel blindsided that they should have achieved the LS metas to get this bonus reward.

You have to inform the players first for the rewards before handing them out, not after.

Yeah. I think the main issue with the account bound skin is some people have a bank row full of them that they’ll never use. I’d rather have a couple yellows than a skin sitting in my bank.

It could be completing metas or just doing the story instance. There could definitely be some confusion though if the rewards you would get at the end weren’t announced yet or were that release specific.

Maybe just letting players choose their rewards is enough. Something like “Would you like this skin? Or something else?”.

You could even drop the whole token thing. It would just know at “the end” how long you helped and how many releases you did and gave you a better reward without asking the user to choose x reward over y. Just throwing some ideas out there. :P

in Living World

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1 I’m up for this! During the whole LS I had nothing that I like.
Even the new helm isn’t one I will use on my Ranger… but not even on my Warrior.
So a pack of new skins would be nice. Even free, even if its a discounted GemStore Style update, but something that designed for D&D fans. Something that isn’t a 120W lightbulb. Something that isn’t an overeffected thing, but a simple nice armor.
ARMOR. in medium tier please…

Until this, I have to pick lame Zenith skins and will-be-NEVER-used radiant gear from AP chests………….

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Living World

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

Don’t agree. People are already upset they miss some content, imagine if there was some major reward for participating in all of them. The backlash would be huge. Not to say that any meta reward that isnt account bound becomes meaningless once everyone gets it, potentially economy breaking as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yeah. I think the main issue with the account bound skin is some people have a bank row full of them that they’ll never use. I’d rather have a couple yellows than a skin sitting in my bank.

It could be completing metas or just doing the story instance. There could definitely be some confusion though if the rewards you would get at the end weren’t announced yet or were that release specific.

Maybe just letting players choose their rewards is enough. Something like “Would you like this skin? Or something else?”.

You could even drop the whole token thing. It would just know at “the end” how long you helped and how many releases you did and gave you a better reward without asking the user to choose x reward over y. Just throwing some ideas out there. :P

Yes, I agree a token system would be good.

You could choose between a backpiece, helm, or gloves.

And yeah I do have the same problem as you. Even though I have 10 alts, I still have a ton of spare helms/backpieces that I can’t really use.

At least with the token you can choose what you want instead of being forced.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

The only problem with this is that you are punishing newer players over old. The older players already have the cool items from all the previous living story parts and world events but to add in a super cool reward at the end that a lot of people will miss out on is a bad idea as you’ll only upset people.

World of Warcraft did this with a mount that was only available if you completed every single holiday achievement throughout the whole year and the amount of complaining and angst over this was amazing. And that was for a mount you could get the next year if you missed it, not for a once off item.

Of course I’m biased, I only started playing again back in November so I’d miss out on anything like that. I wouldn’t complain about it, but a lot of other people would.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I do agree that it would be nice if there was a large reward given away because the Living Story reached it’s end of season. However, I do not believe that it should be tied to the amount of LS releases a player has participated in. It should simply be a happy handing out of an extra gift (e.g. a unique skin, or a free Ascended weapon of the player’s choice of type and stats, or modest gift of gems, or a free set of Black Lion Keys) for ALL players.

Alternatively, perhaps a kind of wardrobe system could be included that allows players who have gotten any unique skins from the various LS meta-achievements to withdraw as many copies of those skins as they like. This system could simply check whether the account has the achievement associated with the given skin in order to allow the player to obtain a copy.
This would (1) allow players who threw away or already used their unique one-time skins to still obtain one in the future, (2) save up bank/inventory space for those who saved their unique skin items and (3) reward players for the number of LS events that they actively particpated in, without any hard feelings.

Frankly, the March 18th “Living Story epilogue” release would be a great opportunity for celebrating “end of season 1”. With gifts.

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

This would only be a good option if a player could replay the LS. But i think the reward should be a statue or something else that is put inside your home instance rather than a skin or gear.

in Living World

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

I know this suggestion will probably get blasted but i agree that a reward should be given for completing all metas involved in the LS, and this reward should honestly be on the level of a precursor. At the same time i think they need to add in the ability for people to replay all living story stuff. So for maps have some asura that will let you relive the map in the past and have maybe an npc somewhere that lets you re enter old dungeons and story instances and allow everyone to still be able to get these metas but maybe without the original rewards, so you get the meta without any chests or titles associated with it.

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I was kind of disappointed by finding out the gun is a rarity and not a legitimate drop from either achievements or conclusion. Granted you have a chance to get it and all but unlike the mask from Tower of Nightmares, the gun is a gamble.

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Retrospectively awarding something after the opportunity to meet the requirements is gone is a very bad idea. For a start, you’re not going to encourage or discourage anything; all the important actions were in the past bar this one last LS release. And then you’re punishing players who would have absolutely no clue that they’re missing out on something big until now (and rightly so, you just baked it up this week).

Now feel free to suggest such a thing for season 2 (and I’m not going to go into how that goes against all of GW2’s design paradigms), but for season 1, all it should be is a piece of town clothing with the written message “I cleared all of season 1’s LS content and all I got was this stupid t-shirt”.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

(edited by Bob F It.5701)

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I’d be okay with an, ‘End of Season,’ Meta Achievement, but perhaps make it a little… simpler. 5/5 Living Story Meta Achievements required? 3/3? Something that’s low enough so that people who didn’t participate in all of them still get it.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I’d be okay with an, ‘End of Season,’ Meta Achievement, but perhaps make it a little… simpler. 5/5 Living Story Meta Achievements required? 3/3? Something that’s low enough so that people who didn’t participate in all of them still get it.

I agree with this guy. Unfortunately, circumstances that i could not timely resolve has bitten around 10 months of GW2 off my schedule since the game’s launch. Reward ppl that are loyal.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Loyal players always should be Rewarded!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Living World

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

The Idea is great to have some kind of Meta Achievement. However to demand from someone to have all the Meta Achievements released during living story isn’t a great idea. If you have exams, are sick, on vacation, otherwise away from Guild Wars due to the real world you cannot achieve it.

The suggestion for tokens would be a great idea as long as the tokens are the same for every release and every season. This way you can make a kind of laurelvendor for living story and loyal people get rewarded.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Loyal players always should be Rewarded!

Yes, but not in a way that makes potentially loyal players of the future feel left out or undervalued.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

I don’t mind a reward like this as the one we got was kind of a disappointment. It should probably be based on doing most of the chapters. If you completed 90% you get reward A, 75% reward B, 65% reward C and the rest down to one chapter reward D. Then everyone could complain. But as it’s better than nothing who cares. Just some Dragonite Ore would be nice.