Suggestion* for (if) next patch pack

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Character creation:
When you have a makeover kit in your bank, and you enter character creation, you can opt to activate one and access the extra creation options.
This will allow players to start with the face they like, and they wont have to wait till after the intro quest until they can create the character they want. How is that?

in Living World

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

These are the steps I take to make new characters:

-Make junk character
-Complete intro
-Get total makeover kit from bank
-Mess around with appearance options
-Take screenshots of all the settings I chose
-Put total makeover kit back in bank (hoping I don’t forget this part)
-Delete character
-Make new character with name that fits the appearance I want
-Go through the intro again
-Then to the bank
-Dig out the screenshots I took so I can choose the same settings
-Re-make appearance
-Then check all the settings to make sure they match screenshots
-Then check everything AGAIN
-Finally complete character

Because of this I’ve sort of stopped making new characters. I’ve only made 3 I’ve actually kept since they started adding new looks to makeover kits, one of which uses no exclusive options whatsoever. I really hope they give us the option to create characters with the looks we want right off the bat because this process is very awkward and time consuming.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

in Living World

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

Someone had suggested this elsewhere, but I’d honestly be fine if they added the exclusive hairstyles/whatever to character creation for everyone to see, they’d be previewable, but there’d be a note that you have to buy a styling kit for them or something along those lines. And maybe it can be taken a step further to allow someone to use a kit should they actually have one on hand.