Suggestion: wintersday donations

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

So, of the thousands, prehaps even hundreds of thousands, of gold pieces that were donated to Divinities Reach recovery, what became of it? You would think with that much cash they could:
*Errect scaffolds or implant implosive bombs to dismantanle the massive tower fragments scattered across the coast
*Have ships or constructs dredge the lake of its fragments
*Hire clean up crews to pace the terrain with anti-toxin spray.
*There could even be events were players jump in to help
Yet so far all we have is a single asura and his golem standing around at the tengu outpost south of the lake. Yet even their involvement in the process of cleansing toxin is obsured unless you talk to them.

in Living World

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Well, it was said that the money would go to help those hurt by Scarlet in her attack on Divinity’s Reach. Neither Lion’s Arch nor the Tower of Nightmares lies in or very near to Divinity’s Reach, and the money would probably go towards restoring homes and such for those who lived in Divinity’s Reach at the time of the attack.

It remains to be seen wether or not Lions Arch will be rebuilt and restored to its former glory, and if so how long this would take. But if it is rebuilt someone will most likely pull the remnants of The Breachmaker out of the water, or at least clean up those scattered along the coastline of the harbor.

However, this might very well be part of the next Living Story release, and currently they’re working on the permanent April Feature pack instead. Which i am kindof glad about.

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Well, it was said that the money would go to help those hurt by Scarlet in her attack on Divinity’s Reach. Neither Lion’s Arch nor the Tower of Nightmares lies in or very near to Divinity’s Reach, and the money would probably go towards restoring homes and such for those who lived in Divinity’s Reach at the time of the attack.

It remains to be seen wether or not Lions Arch will be rebuilt and restored to its former glory, and if so how long this would take. But if it is rebuilt someone will most likely pull the remnants of The Breachmaker out of the water, or at least clean up those scattered along the coastline of the harbor.

However, this might very well be part of the next Living Story release, and currently they’re working on the permanent April Feature pack instead. Which i am kindof glad about.

Divinity’s Reach was not damaged in the attack, so what else could they refer to as Scarlet’s attack than the tower of nightmare, which, while not in DR itself, is well within the cities domain.

in Living World

Posted by: Khattnip.1908

Khattnip.1908

Divinity’s Reach was not damaged in the attack

I believe the attack being referred to is in fact Scarlets actions during the Queens Jubilee, in which if memory serves me right there were bombs set off in the city, in addition to the general rampaging of her twisted watchwork creations?

Such savings, very Ogden, wow!

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

I believe the attack being referred to is in fact Scarlets actions during the Queens Jubilee, in which if memory serves me right there were bombs set off in the city, in addition to the general rampaging of her twisted watchwork creations?

that’s nothing compared to lions arch if the queen was generous in anyway, most of the money’d go to lions arch besides, i didnt notice any major craters/rubble in divinities after the attack

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Lol, as I said, DR was not damaged. If I recall correctly we deactivated the bombs, if not, well their explosions were of little impact. I challenge you, find a single spot in DR that suffered from the bombing. No, rather than the donations going into DR directly, Id say they meant to the domain of DR that suffered from the attack, which would be Kessex hills. After all, DR has sovereignty over Kessex, as it is part of the Krytan kingdom, so it makes sense for the capital to sponcer a donation drive, and thus have the drive named after them. Because it is DR that is collecting the donations, it is the DR relief fund. Such things are very common in the real world, Redcross ring any bells? lol

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

in Living World

Posted by: Khattnip.1908

Khattnip.1908

The idea, I believe, is that we were donating to the families of people who lost their loved ones and belongings in the DR attack? It’s also why Hoho-tron was the one collecting, due to him being charged with being an accomplice!

This means that the money was just instantly given out as part of the donation drive, distributed amongst these families as aid! Queen Jennah could hardly say to them “Oh btw we need that back!”

What I would expect however is some kind of big separate donation drive for Lions Arch itself, as part of whatever the rebuilding arc may be!

Such savings, very Ogden, wow!