Summit Invitations needs to be nerfed!!

in Living World

Posted by: dwilkin.4186

dwilkin.4186

There are a lot of people who are trying to complete their living story event so they can continue on and finish Dragons Reach Part 1. the problem is that to take down the totem you have to first complete the event by killing all 3 shamans. The Frostgorge Champ Train that helps with this event refuses to kill the third shaman because if it fails the event will spawn again 5 mins later and allow them to gather up more loot from all the champs they get to kill over and over again. i personally had to wait almost 2 weeks to complete this part of my storyline because of this problem. there needs to be a change in this event to make it fair to the people who want to finish their living story, and not have to deal with a bunch of greedy fools screwing them out of accomplishing something cause all they want to do is to kill 50 champs 4 times an hour. thanks for your time.

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Not to mention what will happen if the champ train is deemed less rewarding than some other train elsewhere. And there will be next to nobody left to actually do the event with…

This is where I think ANet still has to learn from their mistakes, while putting this event (like it is) in the LS (first run) experience during the 2 week period of the LS-format is nice. This event should consequently be put into an instance, after the 2 week period, so that people can complete it and don’t have to rely on the players around them to continue their story…

This is actually how almost all LS-content should work, and is the key to having Large Scale Open World Events within the confines of the LS while it is active… Most should become instanced story steps there after; some may make more sense in a cinematic (f/e LS-opening-events); others might be able to be put into the open world, but with restricted (achievable) goals for a single player/small group experience.

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I just completed this last night. Just let the group know you need the event to advance.

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

ArenaNet is aware of this situation, as shown by recent developer posts (earlier this week). I’m not sure if they already have a solution, or will be introducing one soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

So fast to the “nerf this!” cry.

Why not focus on making the success of the chain more desirable instead?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The should just make the repeat timer for success and failure the same.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Popping in to add my voice. I’ve been trying to complete this event but I cannot find an empty map and every zerg I’ve run into has failed it, even when my friends and I asked to succeed so that we can leave and progress with our personal story. Would really like it if succeeding in this event was more rewarding than failing… or for the event to not be mandatory for us to continue our personal story.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

in Living World

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

This is where I think ANet still has to learn from their mistakes, while putting this event (like it is) in the LS (first run) experience during the 2 week period of the LS-format is nice. This event should consequently be put into an instance, after the 2 week period, so that people can complete it and don’t have to rely on the players around them to continue their story…

No, I completely disagree.
The problem is not that the Living Story is tied to events, but that failing events is still more rewarding than completing events.
I myself have made often enough suggestions how events could be made more rewarding. That is the area where ANet has to improve, they don’t have to improve the Living Story content wise.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This has already been mentioned, much like the Blix exploit we can probably expect a fix to come in at some point.

No, I completely disagree.
The problem is not that the Living Story is tied to events, but that failing events is still more rewarding than completing events.
I myself have made often enough suggestions how events could be made more rewarding. That is the area where ANet has to improve, they don’t have to improve the Living Story content wise.

I think this was an interesting experimentation on how to integrate LW content into world events and I think it has some potential if they can iron out some of the issues (not just technical, but things like how these events are a bit narrative anemic, and that the events didn’t feel epic enough etc.)

in Living World

Posted by: Inari Kamihara.6908

Inari Kamihara.6908

If the game could just let you progress by breaking the totem, regardless of whether the events succeeded or failed, then the players hijacking the meta-event for champ boxes wouldn’t be an issue.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Or scale the champs down to elites so they don’t draw the zerg and a good player can solo it again. It’s not as if Frostgorge was lacking in champions before.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

“Adjusted the warmup times on the Coiled Watch event chain in Frostgorge Sound.”

They fixed it!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson