Switching active episode reset current one?

in Living World

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

Just learned that if I don’t want the final fight of Head of the Snake to be unnecessarily annoying, I need to go back to do Episode One and get Counter Magic.

My question is, if I switch episodes do I lose all my progress in the current episode? That is, do I have to go back to the start of Four and talk to Jennah and begin again?

Edit: So, does no one know or is it just a dumb question?

(edited by Sarpan.9074)

in Living World

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

do you need to actually play the episode to get that ability? i thought it was just part of the mastery system.

in Living World

Sarpan.9074

From the Wiki: “Gained during fights with some enemies in Bloodstone Fen after the Counter Magic mastery is trained.”

Entering BF unlocks the Ancient Magic mastery, so yeah, some playing there seems necessary.

One way or the other, for me, to even enter BF requires starting Episode 1, so I still need to be sure that doesn’t reset Episode 4 completely. I doubt it would, but I don’t want to take the risk.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think you’re safe. I can’t say 100%, but I know that when I stop my PS to go do an LS story, and can reactivate my PS and I’m still at the same part I was.

If you’re mid step, like doing all the events to advance the green bar, that might get reset. You shouldn’t get put back to redo any step you’ve gotten the “complete!” shield with rewards, though.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

My question is, if I switch episodes do I lose all my progress in the current episode?

No.

in Living World

Sarpan.9074

My question is, if I switch episodes do I lose all my progress in the current episode?

No.

Ding!

I switched to Episode 1 without losing my place in 4. However, considering Donari’s advice, I did have another toon about half-way through the green bar for Logan’s last mission and finished that up, just in case. I might experiment later when one of my characters has just a little progress on the green bar — at that point, switch, play some and come back to see if the progress is still there.

Edit: D’oh. Switching story episodes on one character does not affect another character. Just got befuddled for a little there.

(edited by Sarpan.9074)