Tangled Paths Achievement - Labyrinth Runner

in Living World

Posted by: Kritzlof.6053

Kritzlof.6053

I’ve followed this ( http://dulfy.net/2014/11/18/gw2-tangled-paths-story-achievements-guide/ ) guide for doing the achievements but somehow I find the last one to be really difficult.

The guide says I’m easily supposed to beat it in ~15 minutes but the mordrem predator at the end takes ages to kill. I had more than 10 minutes and still didn’t make it. Do I just have crappy DPS?

Aren’t the npcs supposed to help at all with the fight? They just run around and won’t even help me get up when I get downed. And as soon as you die you only have a couple of seconds to get back into the ring or the predator heals up to full and you’ve basically lost it.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Am I just too bad at dealing dmg?

Thanks

in Living World

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

What class and build are you trying this with? I don’t remember having a hard time with any of my characters, but most of them are pretty much going damage-only for living story content.

If all else fails you can always ask a friend or two to help you.

in Living World

Kritzlof.6053

Guardian. Using a build I’ve just made up myself for pve. It might not be very good, I haven’t really invested in doing a serious one yet, so Im not sure. Greatsword and longbow.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

that achievement isn’t that hard to get if you are efficient getting through the maze. Make sure you avoid the stalker/hunter thing running around because it eats up valuable time since your friends will insist on stopping to kill it fully. Just follow the path, get all of your allies and head straight to the middle of the maze, should be easy to finish it in under 10 minutes, speaking as a mesmer

in Living World

Kritzlof.6053

Yeah, that’s what the guide said. But the boss took ages to kill and if you died you had to restart it so it was really hard to do it in time.

in Living World

OriOri.8724

If the boss is taking ages to kill then either you are not using level appropriate gear (make sure you are in level 80 gear, full exotics at least should be easy to obtain) or you have a really bad rotation

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’ve followed this ( http://dulfy.net/2014/11/18/gw2-tangled-paths-story-achievements-guide/ ) guide for doing the achievements but somehow I find the last one to be really difficult.

The guide says I’m easily supposed to beat it in ~15 minutes but the mordrem predator at the end takes ages to kill. I had more than 10 minutes and still didn’t make it. Do I just have crappy DPS?

Aren’t the npcs supposed to help at all with the fight? They just run around and won’t even help me get up when I get downed. And as soon as you die you only have a couple of seconds to get back into the ring or the predator heals up to full and you’ve basically lost it.

Thanks

Unfortunately the NPCs don’t seem to do anything reliably. Sometimes they at least heal you but it doesn’t sound like this time they did. Not really sure what Anet’s plan for them was – I don’t need nothing but a chorus of remarks while I’m trying to deal with the boss.

And don’t let the veteran and Elite players fool you – there are plenty of people who find these instances too difficult. Most people don’t want to go on the forums and admit it because of “L2P”. But I have failed to finish most of the Story (personal & living) bosses because they are too difficult.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

OriOri.8724

Thanks

Unfortunately the NPCs don’t seem to do anything reliably. Sometimes they at least heal you but it doesn’t sound like this time they did. Not really sure what Anet’s plan for them was – I don’t need nothing but a chorus of remarks while I’m trying to deal with the boss.

And don’t let the veteran and Elite players fool you – there are plenty of people who find these instances too difficult. Most people don’t want to go on the forums and admit it because of “L2P”. But I have failed to finish most of the Story (personal & living) bosses because they are too difficult.

Most of the “boss” fights in LWS2 are easy mechanics wise, with only 1 or 2 mechanics in the entire fight tops. The exceptions are a few fights at the end of chapters (like Windmane, the two shadow of the dragon fights, and the rampaging teragriff) but even those aren’t too bad once you get the mechanics down.

What are you having problems with exactly in these fights? Adds? Mechanics? Getting hit? If you need/want help and are on NA server I’m willing to help you

in Living World

Djinn.9245

Thanks

Most of the “boss” fights in LWS2 are easy mechanics wise, with only 1 or 2 mechanics in the entire fight tops. The exceptions are a few fights at the end of chapters (like Windmane, the two shadow of the dragon fights, and the rampaging teragriff) but even those aren’t too bad once you get the mechanics down.

I appreciate the offer of help, but this is exactly the type of comment most people expect when they decide not to post that they’re having trouble.

I say they are too difficult and you reply that most of the boss fights are easy. Exactly what I expected.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

get a party, you’ll faceroll it….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

OriOri.8724

Thanks

I appreciate the offer of help, but this is exactly the type of comment most people expect when they decide not to post that they’re having trouble.

I say they are too difficult and you reply that most of the boss fights are easy. Exactly what I expected.

You misunderstand. Mechanically these fights are easy, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t pose a challenge to players. A fight can be challenging while having easy mechanics, likewise it can have difficult mechanics but overall the fight itself isn’t too hard for a variety of reasons.

in Living World

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

Don’t get a party. This is purely a learn to play and dps issue. Gear yourself up into full berserker/marauder and run the meta pvp guardian build. You should steamroll through the encounters and finish in less than 10 mins easy.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks

Please re-read OriOri’s comment replacing “easy” with “simple” — OriOri is saying that it’s a theoretically simple fight, not that everyone is going to find it easy to beat it on time if they solo.

Further, OriOri asked specifically what you are finding difficult, so that other posters (including OriOri) can provide specific advice. Are you having trouble focusing on the boss because the adds are keeping you busy? (There’s a strategy for dealing with that.) Are you getting buzzed to distraction? (A different strategy.) For some people, the most important thing is to get to the boss more quickly and maybe that’s all you need.

tl;dr OriOri wasn’t saying the fight was easy for everyone; they were saying that it’s simpler than other fights in the game and that it might just be a matter of learning a few tricks.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Djinn.9245

Thanks

Please re-read OriOri’s comment replacing “easy” with “simple” — OriOri is saying that it’s a theoretically simple fight, not that everyone is going to find it easy to beat it on time if they solo.

Further, OriOri asked specifically what you are finding difficult, so that other posters (including OriOri) can provide specific advice. Are you having trouble focusing on the boss because the adds are keeping you busy? (There’s a strategy for dealing with that.) Are you getting buzzed to distraction? (A different strategy.) For some people, the most important thing is to get to the boss more quickly and maybe that’s all you need.

tl;dr OriOri wasn’t saying the fight was easy for everyone; they were saying that it’s simpler than other fights in the game and that it might just be a matter of learning a few tricks.

I see what you mean about “easy” vs “simple”. And I accept that is what OriOri meant since he was trying to be helpful. But if you look at the comment above yours, this type of feedback is what most people who have trouble get. Which is why more of them don’t post to the forums.

The problem with the Stories is that they should be accessible to everyone. These aren’t Raids, Dungeons, or Fractals where they might be hard because people get nice rewards.

On the other hand, Anet wants to make these stories “epic” so the boss can’t be a pushover. This is an issue for players who want to experience the Story but don’t have the time or the will to practice until they are good enough to beat the bosses. It also doesn’t make any sense for our 1 character (cause as this thread states and we all know, the NPCs are useless) to beat a boss that armies have been having difficulty defeating.

As for what I have problems with, each case is different. I’m sure I could study up and get tips, but that’s work and not what I play MMOs for. I’m not looking for help finishing the stories (although I appreciate the offers), I’m just stating to the OP that he’s not the only one who has trouble.

in Living World

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

On the other hand, Anet wants to make these stories “epic” so the boss can’t be a pushover. This is an issue for players who want to experience the Story but don’t have the time or the will to practice until they are good enough to beat the bosses. It also doesn’t make any sense for our 1 character (cause as this thread states and we all know, the NPCs are useless) to beat a boss that armies have been having difficulty defeating.

One thing I actually miss from City of Heroes was that you could select the difficulty of missions, where the difficulty affected the levels of the enemies relative to yourself. I tended to ratchet things up to the max, though there were a few times I’d get stuck and have to drop it a notch or two.

in Living World

Posted by: Shredd.9467

Shredd.9467

The reason he keeps regenerating is because as soon as you accidentally move to the entrance door, a small indention in the floor, he begins to regenerate. This is an obvious oversite by the programmer or intentional thing. As the mob’s health gets to about 20% he starts carpet bombing full areas and there is no escape. So, to enter this area accidentally would seem highly probable. Try to avoid that area if at all possible. GL