Tequatl rising ...story?

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Chris Starflame.1023

Chris Starflame.1023

Is there going to be some story behind why Tequatl is stronger? Or is this patch just to revamp a lot of stuff?

“Fire the gun, Cobiah”
“Physics will do the rest.”

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I think it’s just a revamp.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: DarkSnowman.8527

DarkSnowman.8527

But in the LS picture there is a drgan that certainly isn’t Sunless. Can it truly be a story progression on a field of Elder Dragons.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

But in the LS picture there is a drgan that certainly isn’t Sunless. Can it truly be a story progression on a field of Elder Dragons.

I’m pretty sure it is Tequatl.

| Lithia |

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

Story explained in this book. Sold separately.

Attachments:

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The initial encounter was a rushed one because part of the encounter to defeat Taco is to use the uber large laser cannon — which is missing. He is suppose to be the test subject for the cannon that will later be used on Zhaitan.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Well, I’m hoping there’s some story involved.

Why is he stronger? Especially post-Zhaitan’s ‘death’ (if this particular release is still following the timeline of the others).

I wasn’t expecting any for SAB and they snuck some into there, so I’m hoping there’ll be at least some story involved with him, rather than just “AAAH, he’s stronger!!”.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Tequatl probably just got better rune selection and stat allocation.

Think I’m siding with the majority that it is just a revamp so he is not a straight up dps at you leisure boss.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

I hope by harder they don’t mean “more time consuming” because in this way Anet should consider giving us better rewards to make us keep rolling in Tequitl daily.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

So Zhaitahn is dead(I distinctly remember pushing 2) but Tequila is stronger?

I’m glad they’ve decided to completely ignore the Personal Story at this point.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Pretty sure there’s going to be an actual storyline to this update. A single revamp to one fight seems too bare bones.

Plus the livestream is going to be on the 20th instead of before/on the day the update happens, same with how they did Clockwork Chaos. Might mean there’s a surprise here.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Why is he stronger? Especially post-Zhaitan’s ‘death’ (if this particular release is still following the timeline of the others).

I wasn’t expecting any for SAB and they snuck some into there, so I’m hoping there’ll be at least some story involved with him, rather than just “AAAH, he’s stronger!!”.

I would really like to know the story. Too bad I am not that good at Super Adventure Box. I might have to wait for http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_Story_Summary to be updated.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve heard that there will be a story update. But I doubt it’d be big or related to previous stories.

The explanation given on the official page seems to be “he’s gathered power” – so we may have to figure out why or how he did so.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

The explanation given on the official page seems to be “he’s gathered power” – so we may have to figure out why or how he did so.

^dis

Probably Tequila just consume fallen Zhaitan’s power (well, he was zhaitan’s lieutenant and who knews how it works?)

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

There is some story at least, after all Rox at least was present and talking during the Tequatl fights in the presentation so I’m sure there’s something there (but I’m not betting on the “story” being any more than getting an email from Rox saying “hi, want to kill a dragon?”).

I’d love an series of missions like the ones in Flame and Frost that start with the Tequatl fight.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Story explained in this book. Sold separately.

Took me a while to catch your meaning, but when I did, I cracked.

Well played, Sir.

One – Piken Square

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The initial encounter was a rushed one because part of the encounter to defeat Taco is to use the uber large laser cannon — which is missing. He is suppose to be the test subject for the cannon that will later be used on Zhaitan.

Erm, the cannon is there already. Nobody just uses it because you can just nuke him down without it.

One – Piken Square

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

No story, he just respecced from conditions build to Zerker

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

He just grinded his ascended gear.

If you want story go here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Hello-my-name-is-Tequatl

Better than anything ANet will come up with.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Erm, the cannon is there already. Nobody just uses it because you can just nuke him down without it.

Yeah I know. The cannon is suppose to be part of the encounter, but he’s such a push over that the part where the cannon comes in is missing.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

After watching the final cinematic for the recent WoW patch dealing with the year long story arc of for MoP, I’m so freaking jealous of that game. Say what you want about WoW, their storytelling is light years better than what we get with the Living World. A five minute cinematic was more interesting than everything that happened all year in GW2.

I really wish the GW2 story would settle on a core cast of characters that leverage the backstories of the races in the world, some big and meaningful conflicts that I can actually care about (dragons… dragons… dragons…) and a villain that wasn’t wedged into the story once she finished up her stint as a villain on an 80s cartoon show.

After the disappointment that came with Scarlet and the “Queen’s Speech” and two weeks of SAB I’d be really disappointed if Tequatl was just a mechanics revamp… then again nothing else would make sense.

I feel like people who want a good story to entertain them in GW2 are flailing around hoping for something, anything worth latching onto yet the world is almost the same as it was a year ago. There’s only so many times I can help Hodgins recover the Flaming Sceptres or help Eir acquire that sword she seems to have lost before I lose all interest in the stories of GW2.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

After watching the final cinematic for the recent WoW patch dealing with the year long story arc of for MoP, I’m so freaking jealous of that game. Say what you want about WoW, their storytelling is light years better than what we get with the Living World. A five minute cinematic was more interesting than everything that happened all year in GW2.

The storytelling in MoP really improved a lot compared to past expansions. Not that it’s George Martin level, but it’s pretty cool imo. I can only hope for a similar leap for GW2, but I’m not holding my breath.

Tequatl rising ...story?

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I will admit that MoP was a huge jump storywise, but it took WoW about 8 years to get there. 8 long years. MoP is nice, but we can’t forget all their bad storytelling from the years previous. I know a good portion of their beginning years was me cringing at the villains. The WoW writers had a horrible habit of beating characters with the crazy stick to turn them into loot piƱatas. Now they can wield the mother of all crazy sticks to power their plot, the Old Gods.

Not to mention they get to use a GINORMOUS budget for their game.