Thank you Anet! (Retry Challenge Motes)

in Living World

Posted by: Avinz.2456

Avinz.2456

I just wanted to say thanks for the “Retry Challenge Motes” in the last story instance of Echos of the Past. It’s really nice to not have to go through the whole story again if you fail one of the achievements. I hope to see more of these!

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Any chance they can be added to previous achieves? The shadow fight for example?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I feel quite silly that i only learned about this after having redone the instance some times to do the achievements :p

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes, I agree completely. I would hate to have to start all over when one is failed. Especially with all the long dialog beforehand. I loved every bit of this update.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

It’s a small step in the right direction – but, my goodness, that last episode REALLY needs a few “skip all the stuff I’ve already done” buttons as well. We really shouldn’t have to replay through 20 or 30 minutes of unnecessary dialogue and set-up, and multiple unwanted boss fights, in order to have another go at – say – the last achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Oh wow, I never could figure out what those challenge motes were for. Thank you! I keep failing the facet of strength achieve and it’s such a tedious thing to get back into Glint’s lair with all that dialog and book-hunting. Thanks for the heads-up!

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I feel quite silly that i only learned about this after having redone the instance some times to do the achievements :p

It took me one retry before I figured out what the Mote let me do.

I did SEE the mote when I entered the instance. Interacted with it, even. But it wouldn’t let me do anything, and it didn’t dawn on me to check after I failed the Strength achieve. So I just left and redid it, figured maybe the mote was a bug or something since it did nothing.

After I failed it a second time I was rather annoyed and was just going to go on and do the other achieves, then retry again later, but I went the wrong direction and ended up back at the mote, so I decided to interact with it again at that point. Thankfully.

Its definitely a nice idea. However, it would be nice if the mote itself said something that clued you in on the fact that it would let you retry the boss when you talk to it beforehand. If it had, I would have known as soon as I saw it.

in Living World

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

Still far from being perfect. If you kitten up an achievement, you’re forced to kill what you’re fighting before you can reset it. Just the usual kitten approach from ArenaNet.

in Living World

Posted by: Avinz.2456

Avinz.2456

I don’t really think that’s a big deal at all Siobhan. Personally I didn’t think they take that long to kill and there still should be some sort of punishment for failing.

I don’t think they dropped the ball on that. I think it would be stupid if you didn’t have to finish the fight.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Why shouldn’t you be slightly punished for failing an achievement? How dumbed down do you want them to make it?