Thank you for the S1 Memory Box!

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Just wanted to put that out there. So happy right now!

The only thing that could top that would be actually being able to play LW Season 1 as a campaign.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The memory box is really nice! I just hope it isn’t time limited. No real reason to do that, since a lot of people are probably willing to spend gems on them to get some items from LWS1.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m glad the OP really likes this. (I, too, think it’s pretty darn cool — lots of nostalgia items available for the first time to newer players… and veterans who might not have been able to get them back when.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Fierypyro.7354

Fierypyro.7354

It was alright. I got like 1 coin and two minis and I really am not a fan of the mini portion of this game! Sadly while I liked the idea I think I’ll not be spending my 4k gems on these.

in Living World

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea even I spent some gold earned gems on these to get shattered and whole holo dragon wings.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Glad to see these items come back in some way. I managed to get the Selfless Potion out of it, but also glad to see the shattered/holographic wings for others to enjoy.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

My favorite is the Mini Molten Firestorm, but pretty much everything included (either per drop or per tickets) is extremely nice to own.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was alright. I got like 1 coin and two minis and I really am not a fan of the mini portion of this game! Sadly while I liked the idea I think I’ll not be spending my 4k gems on these.

The RNG box mainly has miniatures (only skins you cannot get from laurel vendor are desert rose and monocle and sclerite skins; to be fair monocle from the box unlocks all three armor levels making it a very good drop given TP has each one at ~100g iirc).

The skins mostly come from the sprocket vendor (which also has desert rose).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

to be fair monocle from the box unlocks all three armor levels making it a very good drop given TP has each one at ~100g iirc).

100g? Hah, I wish!

in Living World

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Yeah all I got was junk, didn’t make me want to spend 200 gems on another.

Smart move would have been to make sure the free gave good loot, that would make folks more likely to purchase another.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

in Living World

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I purchased a 10 pack. Ended up with 63 cogs, one sclerite skin, some salvage, and passion flowers/karka shells.

All in all, I got back about the gold value of the 1500 gems I spent.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i find it lack lusting, yet another currency we can’t store as currency and a crap headgear.

in Living World

Ashantara.8731

i find it lack lusting, yet another currency we can’t store as currency and a crap headgear.

1. What’s there to store? Just get the items you want, problem solved. It’s not like this box will be available indefinitely.

2. Crap headgear? There are several cosmetic items, also for the head, not just one. The monocle skin is fantastic!

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

RNGesus has only given me 1 cog out of 8 boxes I have bought :x. I was pretty miffed. At least the game threw me a bone and gave me two minis.

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

RNGesus has only given me 1 cog out of 8 boxes I have bought :x. I was pretty miffed. At least the game threw me a bone and gave me two minis.

Yeah, my guildie had the same problem. I got huge-lucky and snagged about 30+ cogs in the free box. I didn’t realize they weren’t booby-prize currency. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I didn’t get very much from my free box (1 sprocket, the Helmed Moa, and a Peggeleg which I already had), but I took advantage of the opportunity to snap up several minis (the 2 Karka ones along with Southsun Kasmeer) and backpieces (the Jetpack and the 3 Catcher backpieces) that I’d always wanted, but couldn’t justify the price. This event brought them back within my reach.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

1. What’s there to store? Just get the items you want, problem solved. It’s not like this box will be available indefinitely.

the cogs are currency just as black lion tokens, a currency that should work and store like one.

2. Crap headgear? There are several cosmetic items, also for the head, not just one. The monocle skin is fantastic!

i got the dragon headgear, it’s just ugly with a capital U.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

The cogs are more than just currency – they are also a vendor item.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

sorudo.9054

The cogs are more than just currency – they are also a vendor item.

and a vendor can be placed in LA, is that really so hard to understand?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

No it isn’t, but it must be hard to understand that it is ultimately idiotic to create a permanent location in the wallet and a permanent NPC for what is literally a limited time item. The first box is already going to be gone in 6 days, and the second box will undoubtably follow suit. With absolutely no indication of when they will become available again in the future.

They are like the Mordrem Blossoms from the weekend Mordrem Invasion event before HoT release – obviously intended to be used once their immediate acquisition method is gone. This becomes painfully obvious when we see there are multiple low-price options, including three 1 cog options.

So why create a wallet entry – which shows even when you have it empty – for such a thing?

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

They are like the Mordrem Blossoms from the weekend Mordrem Invasion event before HoT release – obviously intended to be used once their immediate acquisition method is gone. This becomes painfully obvious when we see there are multiple low-price options, including three 1 cog options.

FYI – There’s a vendor for the blooms at the Priory.

Many alts; handle it!

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Anyone who played LS1 – how likely would you say one more box is, based on the themes that’s been and items available?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Rauderi: That’s because the blooms do not open up a vendor. While circumventing the issue of a temp currency always filling the wallet, they removed the need for an NPC by making the item the vendor.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Rauderi.8706

@Rauderi: That’s because the blooms do not open up a vendor. While circumventing the issue of a temp currency always filling the wallet, they removed the need for an NPC by making the item the vendor.

In retrospect, it does seem confusing that they didn’t use the same method. First time I remember them using it was the Fused Gauntlet ticket. Makes more sense to do it that way for temp content stuff.

Many alts; handle it!

in Living World

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Sadly, I didn’t get anything useful at all in mine, and I can see that it was only a one-per-account gift. I got stuff I don’t even use due to my playstyle. Would want wanted minis, at least.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper