The Breach: Platinum Thrasher

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Teleport

While above 80% health and starting at 4:38 (breach time limit), Platinum will become invulnerable and teleport every 20 seconds.

While below 80% health, Platinum will gain a new ability where it will jump into the air and land, launching a series of projectiles towards the next area which creates poison vents. After doing this, Platinum will become invulnerable and teleport to the next area.

What causes it to use its new ability? My best guess is it’s random. I’ve found no reliable way to trigger it, such as CC or various combinations of destroying or not destroying bubbles.

Poison Vents / Shake it Off

If these vents are not killed within 10s of their creation, they will be destroyed and create poison pools. For every second that Platinum is within one of these pools, it will gain 1 stack of poisonous buildup. At 5 stacks, Platinum will gain the ability to shake it off, causing the room sized AoE. This ability will take priority over its other abilities, except for the teleport.

Poison Bubbles

Despite stating that they heal nearby allies, they do not heal Platinum. They will however heal each other and inflict poison on any nearby players when destroyed. They will also cause the bouncing poison projectiles that Platinum shoots out during its spin to bounce.

Within Range

If anyone, including pets, is within close range of Platinum, it may use a cone shaped attack that causes it to evade for 3s and inflict fear on those affected.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So basically… stand at 1200 range and nuke the kitten out of him.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

So the poison bubbles don’t heal it after all?

Another case where the shouts of “ZOMG you horrible noobs stop AoE’ing” is downright incorrect. In fact, with the poison vent thing it seems AoE is actually GOOD in this fight, unless you want to let it use the poison field ability to keep it from teleporting for a while. Lovely.

Though good luck convincing the masses of that when they’ve had the “No AoE” rule hammered into their brains. In fact, I suspect if I went in and started telling people not to worry about AoE I’d probably end up being yelled at.

in Living World

Healix.5819

unless you want to let it use the poison field ability to keep it from teleporting for a while.

Not exactly. It’s basically a substitution. There’s some RNG involved, but basically, if it uses that AoE, it would have done the projectile spin instead if you would have prevented it. It will teleport when it wants to, even with 5 stacks.

Both the AoE and the projectile spin have the same duration also, so it really doesn’t matter either way.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

unless you want to let it use the poison field ability to keep it from teleporting for a while.

Not exactly. It’s basically a substitution. There’s some RNG involved, but basically, if it uses that AoE, it would have done the projectile spin instead if you would have prevented it. It will teleport when it wants to, even with 5 stacks.

Both the AoE and the projectile spin have the same duration also, so it really doesn’t matter either way.

Yah, looks like I misread. I saw “substitute for its other abilities” and missed the “except for the teleport” bit, and assumed you could let it use the AoE to keep it in place for a while longer. Whoops.

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Grim.1827

Dr Grim.1827

any more info on this stuff? people are still spaming no AoE or CC. are there any guilds still trying to find more information on the bosses?

in Living World

Healix.5819

There was a post on reddit about it a few days ago, but their findings were pretty much the same. Some of their information also isn’t accurate, for example, the part about it not teleporting between 80-50%. There does seem to be a point where it won’t teleport directly below 80%, but I’ve seen it teleport as early as ~70%.

They think the teleport is based on health percentages, which was also the only vaguely consistent thing I saw. The faster you kill it, the less likely it seems to teleport, but not always. I’ve seen it die without teleporting once while below 80% and instead doing the spin back to back. I’ve also seen it teleport 3 times back to back

As for people still complaining about AoE or CC, they’re just mindless zerglings. I used to ask “why?” when people said no AoE, and most would say the bubbles healed it, which I responded, “have you ever seen it heal?” to get no response or that it also teleports. I’ve popped multiple bubbles directly under the boss at the same time – they do nothing.

When I originally did this, I recorded and analyzed 13 attempts. I never managed to get a solo kill again after the first release and since instance hopping became popular, I stopped trying as zergs would always show up right at the end. Outside of a dev confirming what causes it to teleport, I doubt the exact reason will ever be determined and thus, it’s simply RNG imo.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The poison bubbles do heal it. It’s a very noticeable heal when you only have a few players doing it (around 5% total health per bubble with only 6 players). The bubbles’ heal has a short range though, probably around 200, so killing them farther away is fine.

Two days ago, about 15 of us were killing platinum. Around 80% health, I noticed that the others were using a lot of AoE, which was killing the bubbles. I told them to use single-target damage because killing the bubbles heals it, and they (surprisingly) listened. It took us less time to kill the remaining 80% health than the first 20%.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The poison bubbles do heal it. It’s a very noticeable heal when you only have a few players doing it.

Are you sure this is not 1 or 2 players coming/leaving causing the event to rescale and his health change? This is a common problem with group events when people bounce around.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The poison bubbles do heal it. It’s a very noticeable heal when you only have a few players doing it.

Are you sure this is not 1 or 2 players coming/leaving causing the event to rescale and his health change? This is a common problem with group events when people bounce around.

That observation was from almost two months ago, but there were 6 of us throughout the entire fight. It happened several times, but only when bubbles were popped very close to the boss.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Eramonster.2718

Eramonster.2718

The pattern is as follows: 1
*Every 20s starting at 4:38 from the South East quadrant until it has reached 80%.
*At 80% it will not teleport till it reaches 50% health.
*50% health: teleport and summon the Poison Vents.
*Teleports every 10% until there is 10% health remaining.
Teleports either every 5% or 1% health (this interval is hypothesized)

They don’t actually heal allies during the Champion Mordrem Thrasher Platinum encounter, instead the boss will temporarily become determined and teleport to a different room if two bubbles are popped within 200 range of it.
Source : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poison_Bubble