The Death of the gods?

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

So I just saw a weapon pack titled “God-slayer”

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?

Anet, are you hinting that the six will fall?

DO NOT EVEN DARE IT!

The six must remain, what is Tyria without them?

Even as I write this, words escape me. DO NOT STAND AGAINST THE SIX.

You would seek to remove the six from the world of Tyria? Would you also seek to make the oceans vanish? The sky shatter? The Earth be torn asunder? Would you seek the death of faith and the end of civilization? I care not for what plans you have made or thought, I care little if you must take time to weave another fate. But only one thing is certain THE SIX MUST REMAIN. LONG MAY THEY REIGN.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

My speculation given the earlier Menzies’ Agony greatsword skin:
Menzies has dethroned Balthazar as god of war, thereby “dimming his light”. We will eventually help kill Menzies and let Balth reclaim it.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

All of my characters are Asura. Neither they, nor my people, care if we kill a bunch of aliens the gullible humans worship as gods.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

Nyraxx The Necromancer.1728

My speculation given the earlier Menzies’ Agony greatsword skin:
Menzies has dethroned Balthazar as god of war, thereby “dimming his light”. We will eventually help kill Menzies and let Balth reclaim it.

I pray you are right. I will travel to the reaper’s gate soon……….. I must reflect on these matters in the shadow of Grenth

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You play GW2 and you’ve never seen hyperbole? Just because something is labeled as as a “godslayer” doesn’t mean it’s slayed any gods, any more than calling something “stainless steel” means it can’t be stained.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?

DO NOT EVEN DARE IT!

You would seek to remove the six from the world of Tyria? Would you also seek to make the oceans vanish? The sky shatter? The Earth be torn asunder? Would you seek the death of faith and the end of civilization? I care not for what plans you have made or thought, I care little if you must take time to weave another fate. But only one thing is certain THE SIX MUST REMAIN. LONG MAY THEY REIGN.

Well they(Gods) don’t care about Tyria from 1330 years so well they should be killed because of that. But anyway suddenly Balthazar appeared and wanted to consume the whole magic from the dragons and then it would destroy Tyria.

Anyway it’s called “God-slayer” it can mean the death of Abaddon/Dhuum or maybe we will kill Balthazar.

Or maybe Braham’s lonbow evolved and he will kill a God? xD

That’s funny.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

As a syvlari, I am an adherent of the great Mordremoth. The return of the gods is all part of His plan to remove the remaining elder dragons and gods so that He may take rightful ownership of Tyria.

He used His champion, Traehearne, to assassinate Zhaitan after all.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Ok…. So I hope when you fought with Mordy in Hearts and Minds you did not use the Rift (who was allowing you to take control on yourself).

Well if you killed Mordremoth in HoT you are just weird.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

In certain things Anet is very predictable, and these heaps of skins related to the old lore of the Gods indicate that they have grown tired of the “elder dragons” thing.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or maybe it has nothing to do with anything in GW2 and they just wanted to use that name as a selling point.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I thought it was referring to Charr killing the false gods since it’s supposed to be Scorchrazor?

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I thought it was referring to Charr killing the false gods since it’s supposed to be Scorchrazor?

This is correct. It’s a weapon symbolic of the Charr’s history and has nothing to do with Human gods.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

False charr history which states that they killed their own gods when humanity actually did that all.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

All of my characters are Asura. Neither they, nor my people, care if we kill a bunch of aliens the gullible humans worship as gods.

Something Asura and Charr can actually agree on? Well, I guess it is in the technicalities …. the Charr want more supposed-deities to slay.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

False charr history which states that they killed their own gods when humanity actually did that all.

pretty sure Scorchrazor continued the fight while the human party moved on elsewhere

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

They. Are. Not. Gods.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

They. Are. Not. Gods.

I think you’re missing the point.

Also technically the titans conceptually are no different in a sense that they are “higher beings with power from out of this world”.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

They. Are. Not. Gods.

I think you’re missing the point.

Also technically the titans conceptually are no different in a sense that they are “higher beings with power from out of this world”.

The titans were creation of one of these god though

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Ok…. So I hope when you fought with Mordy in Hearts and Minds you did not use the Rift (who was allowing you to take control on yourself).

Well if you killed Mordremoth in HoT you are just weird.

Mordremoth cannot be killed, for He is king. You will fear the power of the jungle dragon!

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Narcemus.1348

pretty sure Scorchrazor continued the fight while the human party moved on elsewhere

Scorchrazor fought and defeated the Flame Legion with the backing of the other high legions long after humanity killed all of the Titans and the destroyers that they were worshipping. Humanity did the heavy lifting when it came to charr “god killing”.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The weapon preview makes it look like the bow is made of a blend of Jormag and Primordus themes. Whether that suggests anything about the coming episode is pure speculation given that it could just be an artistic representation of story events. If it does have any bearing, it could mean we harness the energies of the two recently neutralized dragons to deal with the Gods gone bad. Speculation only, and I’m merely floating one possibility rather than propounding it as solid theory.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Ookamikun.6472

that’s what I mean, to charr the titans were gods in a metaphorical way

Scorchrazor fought and defeated the Flame Legion with the backing of the other high legions long after humanity killed all of the Titans and the destroyers that they were worshipping. Humanity did the heavy lifting when it came to charr “god killing”.

I dunno, according to the stuff like the research panel in Rata Novum there were still “gods” way after your party in GW1 killed the titans there.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: armaduras.8972

armaduras.8972

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?

DO NOT EVEN DARE IT!

I agree. I stated to all my friends that if Balthazar falls, I would be leaving the game entirely. I’ve been playing since the launch of GW1— and I have been loyal to the series even with its current crappy story. However, the Death of Gods is in bad taste— and the brainwashing of current community is mind numbing.

In fire Balthazar forged the chains of Abbadon; Bathe in the ever-presence of his glory!

Feel the Flames of Balthazar; Bask in the ever-presence of his glory!
Gilded Grimoire[MAGI]. Casual Guild www.gw2magi.com

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Narcemus.1348

that’s what I mean, to charr the titans were gods in a metaphorical way

I dunno, according to the stuff like the research panel in Rata Novum there were still “gods” way after your party in GW1 killed the titans there.

I’m not sure exactly what you are talking about. If it is the instructors, nothing that they say discredits my discussion. The humans were the only individuals who killed the Titans and the instructor doesn’t claim otherwise, and if you are talking about the one where Pyre Fierceshot claims that “Charr god’s are dead!” after killing the destroyers, well there may have been some charr there, but they were honestly outnumbered by humans. So it couldn’t be considered as anything less than a joint effort and definitely in neither case was it just charr killing their own gods. That is just plain propaganda. Now if the Flame Legion came up with more random god’s afterwords, that wouldn’t surprise me, but that is unmentioned to my knowledge.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The Death of the gods?

I believe quite the opposite. They will finally return! That’s why this heretic weapon is needed.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This weapon is less about killing the Six Gods, but the charr’s antitheism stance. And not that they did kill gods, but that they metaphorically killed their religious side.

Not entirely false. Pyre and his warband did kill a few titans themselves between Prophecies and Eye of the North, thus is why they’re imprisoned when we meet them. The “there are no gods” chant was the second start of a revolution by that warband, not the first. Of course, this happened after he personally witnessed some titans killed by “mere humans”.

There’s also the fact that Pyre and his warband aided in killing the “second set of gods” the Flame Legion tried to produce: the destroyers.

And then there’s Gaheron, who proclaimed godhood himself, killed by Rytlock and Logan and five ambiguous-race individuals.

To say the charr killed no false god is, quite simply, false in of itself.

Hardly. Titans were demons formed from tormented souls, a ritual overseen by a fallen god’s general. They may be stronger than typical Tyrians and are not of the world (though Gorseval seems to be a “naturally occurring titan” so that part is questionable), they are nothing compared to a true god.

And by “true god” I do no refer solely to the Six Gods, but also other divine beings not yet proven to be false: Koda, Zintl, Amayali, (possibly) Mellaggan, and the Great Dwarf (the original one not the “collective of stone dwarves” – there’s good enough implication that the Great Dwarf talked about in the Tome of Rubicon and dwarven legend was, in fact, a singular being).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Narcemus.1348

Not entirely false. Pyre and his warband did kill a few titans themselves between Prophecies and Eye of the North, thus is why they’re imprisoned when we meet them. The “there are no gods” chant was the second start of a revolution by that warband, not the first. Of course, this happened after he personally witnessed some titans killed by “mere humans”.

There’s also the fact that Pyre and his warband aided in killing the “second set of gods” the Flame Legion tried to produce: the destroyers.

And then there’s Gaheron, who proclaimed godhood himself, killed by Rytlock and Logan and five ambiguous-race individuals.

To say the charr killed no false god is, quite simply, false in of itself.

Fair, some charr did kill their own gods. It wasn’t that they had nothing to do with it, but more that humanity did a vast majority of it. Between the Hell’s Precipice mission and the Titan quests humanity killed a vast majority of the Titan army, including the ones that the Charr followed into causing the Searing. Then years later, in Eye of the North, I would consider the events leading to the death of the Heirophant as at the least a 50/50 split between humanity and charr effort.

My whole point is that the Charr propaganda purposefully leaves out the fact that a vast majority (or even any) of their god killing was done by humans. Thus making it a false statement.

Additionally, I did not include Gaheron because of the fact that this statement was included in the beginning of the Charr personal story, and thus was made before Gaheron’s attempted rise to godhood.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically Gaheron’s been attempting rise to godhood for a while. We don’t actually know how long he had that “godform” of his, either. He’s no god, but he’s been pretending to be a god before the personal story as well (you can even find an NPC in the Black Citadel’s Trading Post room calling himself “Godslayer” or something because he aspires to kill Gaheron who calls himself a god).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Narcemus.1348

Technically Gaheron’s been attempting rise to godhood for a while. We don’t actually know how long he had that “godform” of his, either. He’s no god, but he’s been pretending to be a god before the personal story as well (you can even find an NPC in the Black Citadel’s Trading Post room calling himself “Godslayer” or something because he aspires to kill Gaheron who calls himself a god).

Yes, but Gaheron was not killed until part way into the story, which is why I didn’t include him in the initial god-killing subject. I did talk about his attempted rise to godhood, but what I most meant was that his death did not occur until after the claim of killing their gods was made.

(edited by Narcemus.1348)

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

But still their “claim of killing their gods” is not meant to be literal.

Very little, if ever, do you ever hear a charr say “we killed the titans that the Flame Legion worshiped”. They say “with engines of destruction, we have killed our gods.”. This is a metaphor, through and through, because it would still be another 50 years minimum before they had any machine from the charr’s revolution and no amount of propaganda changes that well known fact.

All that’s being said, effectively, is that the charr “killed” their desire, need, and want of religions (or gods).

Dear ANet writers,

The Death of the gods?

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

The fact a sword is named “god killer” doesn’t mean you will go out killing all the gods. You will just kill the one that is making a lot of trouble (Balth).

You will probably use Menzies sword to kill his own brother who accumulated a lot of power (as he’s dialogue indicated) and dissipated. I guess he’s brother’s power is the only weapon strong enough to chill the kitten out of Balthazar.

I think that’s a given….what i am more interesting is in his other line of dialogue which went something like “There’s no honor in war”…that coming from the god of war is interesting. Would like to know the story behind that.