The Ley-line leaks and Dry Top's cavern

in Living World

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So as you may have noticed, you can now find Unidentified Lodestones and there are also 3 new events involving Ley Line energy leaks and Branded, Icebrood and Destroyers trying to absorb them. Additionally, it seems that the Dry Top Ley-line cavern’s energy lines seem to be much bigger and numerous now (it ain’t just gently flowing, but surging)..

Is this a subtle hint to Season 3 of the Living World? It reminds me of the chopped trees for the Tower of Nightmare in Season 1.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It is clear this is all leading to LS3 and beyond as part of the fallout of killing two dragons. Magic I guess is starting to become unbalanced and flowing out and being absorbed by other beings, increasing things in power.

Tequatl was the start of this, as grew in strength absorbing some of Zhaitans magic.

The egg has also absorbed a great line of power

Shatterer appears to have grown in power because of it.

We are possibly leading up to either an elder dragon absorbing much more than it naturally would or something else appearing…
Perhaps other races will exploit this, maybe the Jotun will find a way to absorb power to return to their former glory.

in Living World

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Maybe we’ll get new gods from it when people figure out how to absorb it.

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Maybe we’ll get new gods from it when people figure out how to absorb it.

My human ranger calls dibs on Melandru!

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Just found another Leyline event in Mount Maelstrom other than the one at Avernon WP. The new one is right by the Tzanopl Ground near where the Keeper of Winds spawns. It looks like the events are increasing. I have not checked the other maps to see if there are additional Ley Line events or not.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There are. Each of the three maps has two ley line areas now. Folks are guessing we’ll see another set of events next Tuesday.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

If you go to the Ley-Line Confluence cavern in Tangled Depths and glide up, you see the magic in that area is going crazy as well with the ceiling and the magic pulsing more violently than before while the sound of the ley line surges is louder.

I do like these little touches that foreshadow events to come similar to what we experienced in Kessex Hills before the reveal of the Tower of Nightmares among other such scenes in Seasons 1 and 2.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

I was there two nights ago and it seemed the same as always to me.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Meh. Just find a way to use the Bloodstones to reabsorb the magic.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s pretty much blatantly stated that you need divine magic to do that in the A Study in Gold inscriptions. Which the Forgotten – the closest group to divine beings (the Six) in the past thousand years – lacked.

“We do not have the divine resources needed to imbue a new Bloodstone with enough magic to prevent Tyria from declining into a state of primitive adversity.”

So the Forgotten allied with Glint to find an alternative. This alternative seems to be the egg – or at least, the egg is part of the alternative plan. “Glint’s legacy” in full is, supposedly, the plan to remove the Elder Dragons and the excess magic in the world.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

The seers created the bloodstone and it absorbed magic without needing the influence of divine magic which I’m assuming you mean to be from the six gods.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m not assuming anything – if anything, you are.

That line comes directly from the game, in the same source we have this other statement:

“In olden times, when the Dragons stirred, it fell to the Seers to set aside a reservoir of magic for the upcoming drought.”

Relinking source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Study_in_Gold

You say that the seers didn’t need the influence of divine magic, but the truth is that nothing makes that claim. We know that any divine magic they used wasn’t from the Six Gods, but they’re not the only gods that exist in Tyria – or at least, that’s what other races will say. Zintl, Ameyali, Koda, the Great Dwarf, Mellaggan just to name the more prominently known ones – and that doesn’t count things like the Spirit of the Wilds (note: norn consider the Spirit of the Wilds to be on par to the Spirits of Action aka Six Gods, and we know of many other nature spirits such as Urgoz, Zhu Hanuku, and others who were capable of controlling entire landscapes or return from the dead).

Nothing really says the seers didn’t use divine magic to make the Bloodstone. However, this new lore from HoT indicates that they indeed did.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

That line comes directly from the game, in the same source we have this other statement:

“In olden times, when the Dragons stirred, it fell to the Seers to set aside a reservoir of magic for the upcoming drought.”

You say that the seers didn’t need the influence of divine magic, but the truth is that nothing makes that claim. We know that any divine magic they used wasn’t from the Six Gods, but they’re not the only gods that exist in Tyria – or at least, that’s what other races will say. Zintl, Ameyali, Koda, the Great Dwarf, Mellaggan just to name the more prominently known ones – and that doesn’t count things like the Spirit of the Wilds (note: norn consider the Spirit of the Wilds to be on par to the Spirits of Action aka Six Gods, and we know of many other nature spirits such as Urgoz, Zhu Hanuku, and others who were capable of controlling entire landscapes or return from the dead).

Nothing really says the seers didn’t use divine magic to make the Bloodstone. However, this new lore from HoT indicates that they indeed did.

They created the bloodstone before the six gods appeared. No other gods were mentioned either.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_(explorable)#Seer

Nothing mentions that divine magic was used. Your argument is like me saying that aliens founded the United States. Nothing says that they didn’t after all…

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

They created the bloodstone before the six gods appeared. No other gods were mentioned either.

Nothing mentions that divine magic was used. Your argument is like me saying that aliens founded the United States. Nothing says that they didn’t after all…

Dude, he clearly stated that the Forgotten themselves said they can’t use the bloodstone without Divine magic and all of this is said in-game. How can you argue against that?

And to add to his point, was it not the 6 gods who brought magic back into Tyria after the Dragons went to sleep? And was it not the 6 that split it into how many or so pieces? So does it not stand to reason that they changed how the Bloodstone can be activated?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Dude, he clearly stated that the Forgotten themselves said they can’t use the bloodstone without Divine magic and all of this is said in-game. How can you argue against that?

And to add to his point, was it not the 6 gods who brought magic back into Tyria after the Dragons went to sleep? And was it not the 6 that split it into how many or so pieces? So does it not stand to reason that they changed how the Bloodstone can be activated?

The forgotten didn’t create the bloodstone as the seers did. Whether or not the forgotten can doesn’t matter in regards to what I was saying.

Read the links I posted. I also don’t recall anything about using the existing Bloodstones. Given that, perhaps his descendants could remove any seal, or whatever. Maybe that’s why they snuck in that artifact during season 2 to open up that possibility.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

I never said that the Six Gods were around then. As for “nothing mentions that divine magic was used” – I actually gave you a source that says it does. That dungeon is not the only source on the creation of the Bloodstones, even in GW2.

You should know that ArenaNet loves to seed its lore in multiple places even when talking about a single subject. You will never find a solitary source that’s tells the whole story.

Most importantly NOTHING states that the Six Gods are the only source of divine magic.

As I mentioned in my previous post, there are several gods mentioned in Tyria that are unrelated to the Six Gods.

Technically, while the Six Gods did mess with the Bloodstone, they didn’t bring all magic back into Tyria

The forgotten didn’t create the bloodstone as the seers did. Whether or not the forgotten can doesn’t matter in regards to what I was saying.

Read the links I posted. I also don’t recall anything about using the existing Bloodstones. Given that, perhaps his descendants could remove any seal, or whatever. Maybe that’s why they snuck in that artifact during season 2 to open up that possibility.

You’re right that the Forgotten didn’t create the Bloodstone.

However, why couldn’t they create a second one (and yes, this does factor into what you are saying) unless they do not have the resources for it? And if they did not have the resources for it, wouldn’t it stand that they would be able to find out what those resources are and state what those resources are?

Furthermore, the Forgotten were around when the Bloodstone was created, so it stands to reason that they would know by being told by the Seers how to make a Bloodstone.

Furthermore (x2), as for “I don’t recall anything about using the existing Bloodstones” – the entire lore around the Bloodstones – even mentioned in the links you posted – is that the Six Gods tampered with them. So it seems you need to read the links you posted.

But the fact remains: the Forgotten cannot create a Bloodstone, and they state that the reason for this is the lack of divine magic.

It doesn’t matter if Randall doesn’t mention that divine magic was used in the creation of the Bloodstone – why? Because he doesn’t talk about how the Bloodstone was made, and why is that? Because he doesn’t know how the Bloodstone was made. He might be the expert in the field, but he’s still lacking a lot of knowledge in that field. Knowledge that a race who was around for the event would know – namely, the Forgotten.

In other words, there is no reason to believe that the Forgotten’s statement that divine magic is required to create a Bloodstone is a lie.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

snip

EDIT: Do you want to just agree to disagree?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Sure. Why not.

How you can argue that the Forgotten, who had first-hand experience with this subject, are wrong when a modern human scholar, who has basically third-hand experience, isn’t confuses me though.

But yeah, agree to disagree. Why not.

Dear ANet writers,