The Mystery Cave - Gamer Pain

in Living World

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

For the absolute love of god

• Make it so players can skip the cut scenes for this very long instance with very difficult to obtain achievements.

Way too much time spent back peddling unnecessary content.
Achievements should be difficult but not painful

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

You can skip most of the cutscenes if you need to retry the instance when going for achievements (you’ll still need to go through them once, though). After you beat the dragon, there’s an NPC you can talk to that puts you back to the start of the fight.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The reason you can’t skip cutscenes is that (almost all of) the season 2 cutscenes are rendered live in the game engine, meaning your character can move around during scenes, and so can NPCs. Indeed, I imagine the NPCs have to walk around and trigger certain events, and if those events don’t go off, the whole thing could stop progressing.

While it’s possible to work around the situation and just move everyone / everything to their final state, it’s a lot more complicated than the core game’s “skip cutscene” function. Having done the LS2 achievements for Bioluminescent armor, I feel your pain.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

After you beat the dragon, there’s an NPC you can talk to that puts you back to the start of the fight.

^^^

This

No need to replay any cinematic but the one that shows the Shadow of the Dragon’s new attacks per phase.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

World Summit seemed worse to me. I too wished for skippable dialogue and cutscenes when doing achievement runs.

in Living World

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Yes the “try again” appears but what is a faster restart after an achievement is ruined? Completing fighting the dragon or logging out and back to start instance over? Sometimes the achievement gets blown right off the bat and it’s actually faster to redo story instance from the beginning, which.. is slow.

Dunno, don’t want to gripe too much about it but kitten was it time consuming to get some of these achievments due to watching cut scenes over and over.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

You get the hang of it and kill the boss rather quickly. It’s much much faster to kill the dragon and restart the boss fight instead of doing the whole instance. It takes about 5mins to kill it. And 15-20mins for the whole instance.

If you really need 15mins to kill the boss, I suggest you rethink your playstyle.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

There are a number of achievements that sometimes require you to replay the same part of the story 2 or 3 times (more if you fail) and I agree it would be good to skip a lot of the lengthy dialogue. With old cutscenes you could simply ‘skip’. Because we see ourselves talking and NPCs talking now ‘live’ in-game rather than cutscenes, perhaps a ‘mote’ could be set up which would allow you to skip these dialogues. As was said above it’d be difficult to simply ‘skip’ these since they’re ‘live’ (per se), but as we can have challenge motes, and motes that allow you to retry from certain parts of the step, surely this can be integrated further.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow