The Next update Topic

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

So, here’s picture for the next update
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/b081811-26_F_NextHero_EN.jpg

That blue thing really looks like asuran hologram or its part – like hologram projector in Aetherblade lairs.

The red thing is obviously a tower, I guess, but a bit more enchanted.

The green one is a pillar in the sky, maybe its a projection from the tower

Frame is shattered glass so it has to do something with mesmer.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Seems like it could be the fractal update to me.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

My first idea was some sort of scarlet vs the pale tree showdown, but fractal update makes more sense tbh

Professional noob guardian

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

FotM update. If they revamp the rewards as well I’ll be really happy.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, it is Fractals.
The three images seems to be Aetherblade Retreat, Molten Alliance Facility and Reactor.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Ezio.5172

Ezio.5172

New Fractals! :P That “shattered glass” on the right could even be Thaumanova reactor…but also, it could be “just another Scarlet”…

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Yes definitely the Fractals update, the one below seems to be Molten Facility, to the left is Aetherblade Retreat (?) and to the right Thaumanova (?).

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Where are my dragons Anet!?

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

That image (or those images?) must make an amazing wallpaper. I need it. /waits patiently

(never done fractals and never will but the image looks pretty.)

let the sky fall

The Next update Topic

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Where are my dragons Anet!?

Funny that you should mention that, since it would seem like the Reactor actually researched the Dragons before the explosion.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Well…..^^ at least what I said, and what you suggested are both kinda connected to Scarlet, now as I think it is time for Fractal update and this seems to be it.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

3 Parts in different colors? My bet is on the FotM update. Aetherblade Dungeon, Flame Frost Dungeon both as an fractal version plus the Thaumanova fractal. But we probably get some Scarlet crap.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Have you guys noticed the three colors are the same used by the Tri-colored Keys to open the Tri-Chest? Dunno if it may have anything to do with it but found it funny once I noticed it..

We know the Aether key pieces appeared from Aetherblades..
But I don’t think we know where these Tri-keys appeared from, unless I’m missing something..

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

3 Parts in different colors? My bet is on the FotM update. Aetherblade Dungeon, Flame Frost Dungeon both as an fractal version plus the Thaumanova fractal. But we probably get some Scarlet crap.

Scarlet will probably be used as the lore reasoning/excuse for them bring back MF and AR as fractals. “Studying the enemy” and whatnot.

Whether or not they are going to tie her into the Reactor fractal, is anyone’s guess at the moment. From my understanding, the fractals are mostly used for what if’s, maybes, and possibilities of the Tyrian universe, since nothing of them is totally accurate.

Scarlet has a shelf life though, and she know her story arc is ending sometime next year. It would be kinda weird for them to heavily tie her into a fractal that will out last her. My guess though? They will probably keep the fractal to Inquest, Mists, chaos magic, and Elder Dragon elements. With maybe a couple of ultra vague possible hints to the future.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m going to put my bet on the Thaumanova fractal.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’m certain it’s going to be the Fractal update (new Molten/Aetherblade/Thaumanova fractals).

What we don’t know yet is HOW they will be introduced. Will they become part of the regular Fractal rotation? (I think it’d actually be pretty cool if the Jade Fractal got put into a random set with the new 3, so we won’t always know which Fractal we’ll get for the 4th.) Or will they be special Fractals accessed by talking to Deesa or another NPC?

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Heres to hoping but…

Fractal release with that new fractal update will see fractal rewards updated too including the ability to gain ascended armor just like when ascended weapons via crafting came out and you got the ability to get ascended weapons.

On from that ascended armor crafting will come out including the now all crafting disciplines being able to see 500 cap.

Along further from this precursor questlines will be availiable which will coincide with all crafting being at 500cap because there will be some item as a part of a quest chain that will require 500 max crafting of various disciplines.

My conclusions came from 1 we have had NO feature sections for releases for like 2 months, 2 datamined ascended armor ages ago including ascended armor chests/caches new datamined precursor questline/crafting things. Picture ressembling the 3 fractals we are expecting being molten facility aetherblade hideout and thaurmanova reactor. And finally that in previous major content / feature loaded updates generally came the 2 weeks / patch before a major balance rework….dec 10th is major balance patch therefore I would argue nov 26th patch will see major feature / content patch. =)

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Heres to hoping but…

Fractal release with that new fractal update will see fractal rewards updated too including the ability to gain ascended armor just like when ascended weapons via crafting came out and you got the ability to get ascended weapons.

On from that ascended armor crafting will come out including the now all crafting disciplines being able to see 500 cap.

Along further from this precursor questlines will be availiable which will coincide with all crafting being at 500cap because there will be some item as a part of a quest chain that will require 500 max crafting of various disciplines.

My conclusions came from 1 we have had NO feature sections for releases for like 2 months, 2 datamined ascended armor ages ago including ascended armor chests/caches new datamined precursor questline/crafting things. Picture ressembling the 3 fractals we are expecting being molten facility aetherblade hideout and thaurmanova reactor. And finally that in previous major content / feature loaded updates generally came the 2 weeks / patch before a major balance rework….dec 10th is major balance patch therefore I would argue nov 26th patch will see major feature / content patch. =)

Your optimistic… Hopefully yes ascended armor parts will drop from fractals… The problem is however that you won’t be able to sell them if they are not the one you require.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

At some point, I thought I saw comments about an overall fractal rework. A rework is due, with Fractal Armor adding a lot of agony resist to the mix. Perhaps an expansion beyond lvl 50?

I also believed I saw comments about players dissatified with how much longer Dredge is than every other fractal, and some sort of balancing to equalize this (eg some sort of nerd to dredge or buff to dredge rewards).

So, additional fractals might be a good time to include a tweak to existing fractals.

What I would not Ike to see are daily achievements tied to doing specific fractals (these got old really quick on tequatl and aether blade retreat). Honestly, I’d ascended armor is coming out, then the rush to make it and the sheer numbers of dragon ire probably required will keep the players busy until the next patch without the added carrot of a new set of achievements to do.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Isn’t it going to be kind of a pain if it’s implemented like the current fractals?

No way to pick which fractals you want to run or any way to work towards progression of instance-specific drops…

Unless they make everything token based, in which case everyone will just want the shortest fractals again…

Honestly I think the current fractal system should be scrapped and treat the Fractals as a ‘used content dumping ground’ so that you can still farm past event dungeons for its items, but you can’t complete the old metas. Having to do 4 dungeons that usually take way too long and can get blocked by pug skill… not fun.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Most fractals are fine, mostly the dredge one is too long and will be reviewed. I’m pretty sure we will see:

- 3 new fractals (the promised ones)
- A length review of the dredge fractal (and maybe some others)
- A review of the rewards (buffing up rewards to make it much more appealing)

If we get all this, and that the rewards are at least equivalent to dungeons, I’ll be doing them more often. Getting more lodestones instead of cores, gold rewards at the daily chest and more things to do with the relics/pristine would be great. I’d love to buy my ascended amulets/accessories with pristine relics!

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Is it just me or is the preview for next weeks patch unusually late this week? Normally we get the page preview few hours ago.

Maybe they are making some last minute changes to the release page.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I don’t know how I feel about using the Fractals to implement temporary dungeons that should really have just been their own dungeons. I hope this isn’t something they do repeatedly, where we end up with a hundred fractals and no new full dungeons.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Is it just me or is the preview for next weeks patch unusually late this week? Normally we get the page preview few hours ago.

Or maybe it is Monday and not Tuesday? ^^

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

they normally release it now tho, im from Australia so different times and all that, but they usually have the release page up by now, normally around 3am Tuesday Australian time every single week they either have the patch or the release page, today its super late.

They have NEVER released an update preview-page this early. They tend to release them during the day/evening CET. Which is about 15+ hours from now.

The only exception was Nightmare Within, which was revealed during the morning CET for some reason.

It even says “Check back on November 19 for more details!” and it is about 12h before November 19 even starts over there ^^

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Or maybe it is Monday and not Tuesday? ^^

they normally release it now tho, im from Australia so different times and all that, but they usually have the release page up by now, normally around 3am Tuesday Australian time every single week they either have the patch or the release page, today its super late.

No, you are off by a day. Usually information gets leaked on websites 16 hours from now (6 AM Pacific), while information on the official site is a couple hours later than that.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Zanthrax.6538

so I just saw pastebin link of potential update stuff….turns out I was right, ASSUMING they are correct of course….could be way off

http://pastebin.com/LmC1PKLm

I’m a little saddened that PvE’ers can’t xfer their legendaries directly into PvP =(.

Alas heres to hoping tonights ( im from australia ) blog confirms those 2 big ones.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Those notes are most likely not true.
They turned up soon after stuff from last patch were datamined, and they more or less only posts things that were revealed from that.

There is also no mentioning about the Fractals, which is most likely the major part of the update.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Zanthrax.6538

hmmm good point I did think about how small those patch notes were, you have convinced me so! Either way we’ll find out in approximately 9-12 hours. My body is ready for the release page!

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

I hope they will give as ascended armors and armor crafting 500 but I m afraid that fractals and ascended armor is to much to ask in 1 update.

I dont think we are going to see Scarlet in this patch but she will be back in 1 month for sure

The Next update Topic

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I hope they will give as ascended armors and armor crafting 500 but I m afraid that fractals and ascended armor is to much to ask in 1 update.

I dont think we are going to see Scarlet in this patch but she will be back in 1 month for sure

It would make sense however, since Ascended tier was released with Fractals so it would be quite logical to release the last pieces with an update to Fractals.

As for Scarlet I would say it is much more likely that she will turn up in this update (even though I don’t find it likely at all) than in the update in a month, due to Wintersday and such.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Inb4 Scarlet causing the Thaumanova Reactor incident.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

At a glance red, green, blue. Reminds me of the three colour theme we have for this update with the Tri-key and molten alliance/Aetherblades/Toxic Alliance.

What I am hopeful for is Tixx, the update after could just as well be Wintersday though. But honestly I am tired of Scarlet and would rather have an event I enjoy than suffer her in the living story again.

What I think it is likely to be is the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, the shattered glass could be reality tearing and the bottom part could easily be the reactor. So that is my guess… oh, and Scarlet.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

This is one of the best trailer so far.

Really a great job ANet.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/19/gw2-fractured-nov-26-update-details/

Dulfy seems to have the drop on the others for this one. Good stuff here. Much needed. Disappointed at the omission of one thing though; Fractal Armor. Leaderboards are cool, but armor is better. Heck, they even have a style in place because of the Fractal weapons and it’s the only place we “need” ascended stuff in the game.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, it is on the site as well now.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-26-2013/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/

Nice they thought about a rune that activates when signets are used.
My engineer will find that so useful.

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Obsidian Sanctum Update

The Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle, the Obsidian Sanctum, is receiving some changes! Along with being able to enter the jumping puzzle from inside your world’s keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds, you’ll now be able to enter the map directly through the WvW menu. Along with that, we’ve added a new arena space to the Obsidian Sanctum where opposing groups of players can meet up for combat. The Borderlands Bloodlust buff will no longer apply in the Obsidian Sanctum.

Does this mean dueling?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

The Next update Topic

in Living World

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Inb4 Scarlet causing the Thaumanova Reactor incident.

hue hue hue…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara