The Rest of Tyria?!!

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Psilo.2485

Psilo.2485

So the whole Living World thing I think is pretty good. I am looking forward to ending Scarlet, BUT I keep asking my self as a gw1 player, look at all the old zones on the map that have not been touched. The zones like Crystal Desert, Ring of Fire Islands, Maguuma wastes/Falls, The Far Shiverpeaks and the Deldrimor Front. Dont get me wrong i am all about making new lore but Anet come on, alot of gw1 players miss the old stuff. I think the living world needs to push into the zones… unlock the rest of the map. Bring more elder dragons. Bring in new dungeons even 10-12 mans again. People really enjoyed elite missions, was kinda a end game stuff. Took skilled groups to complete. Elite missions 8-10-12 mans would give PvE guilds something else to tackle as a guild. Then you could bring in new skins armor and weapons that you could only get from these places. I just see what you all have done and it has been good but I feel like your leaving a lot untouched. PLZ Anet bring us back into the rest of Tyria bring us more elder dragons.

Psilo
Illusions Of The Abyss [DARK] GM

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I suspect we will get a new dragon at the end of this living story season. The signs are looking good!

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Just remember that the central plot of GW2 is the dragons. They have to space them out in time otherwise in retrospect it would seem to be a very underwhelming process.

Also take note that most of the GW1 locations you listed relate to where the Dragons are.

Kralk was last seen in the Crystal Desert, Jormag is in the Northern Shiverpeaks, Mordremoth is in the Maguuma Wastes. As to the Ring of Fire Island Chain – what reason do we have to go there? Most people think it’s unlikely that Primordius is there, and the door of komalie has been closed. So technically the only things you’re likely to find are some Behemoths, Dryders, Riders and Drakes. Oh and a blood stone, but that doesn’t guarantee importance.

These zones will be opened up when we have a reason to go to them – aka dragons. But I for one hope they do take their time and pace this well.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Just remember that the central plot of GW2 is the dragons. They have to space them out in time otherwise in retrospect it would seem to be a very underwhelming process.

Also take note that most of the GW1 locations you listed relate to where the Dragons are.

Kralk was last seen in the Crystal Desert, Jormag is in the Northern Shiverpeaks, Mordremoth is in the Maguuma Wastes. As to the Ring of Fire Island Chain – what reason do we have to go there? Most people think it’s unlikely that Primordius is there, and the door of komalie has been closed. So technically the only things you’re likely to find are some Behemoths, Dryders, Riders and Drakes. Oh and a blood stone, but that doesn’t guarantee importance.

These zones will be opened up when we have a reason to go to them – aka dragons. But I for one hope they do take their time and pace this well.

They can always add something “non-dragon” related to the Ring of Fire so that we can visit it. I’d love to see it in the new engine.

Valar Morghulis

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Ring of Fire Island Chain lies across the ocean – which we know to be infested with a dragon and it’s minions.

We may have taken care of Zhaitain and hopefully cleared the sea of dead ships, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a greater threat lurking below.

If we could visit the Ring of Fire then people would be asking why we can’t sail to Cantha or the Battle Isles. (Yes we have airships but I have no idea how far they can travel and they seem to be limited to the use of the Pact and the Aetherblades – and the pact isn’t going to loan you an airship just to go visit an island for nostalgia’s sake unless there is a legitimate reason for them to need to go there.

Basically we have to wait and see what happens

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

The Ring of Fire Island Chain lies across the ocean – which we know to be infested with a dragon and it’s minions.

We may have taken care of Zhaitain and hopefully cleared the sea of dead ships, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a greater threat lurking below.

If we could visit the Ring of Fire then people would be asking why we can’t sail to Cantha or the Battle Isles. (Yes we have airships but I have no idea how far they can travel and they seem to be limited to the use of the Pact and the Aetherblades – and the pact isn’t going to loan you an airship just to go visit an island for nostalgia’s sake unless there is a legitimate reason for them to need to go there.

Basically we have to wait and see what happens

We’ll use our new flying mounts to get there. #wishfulthinking

Valar Morghulis

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Psilo.2485

Yea im just hoping Anet looks at this post and might spark them to actually move into the rest of tyria if this thread gets enough uproar LOL ^#wishfulthinking

Psilo

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Psilo.2485

Let me know what you all think on this topic

Psilo

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I assume that the last chapter of LW Season 1 gives a hint to a big villain entering the stage. I expect an alluring cliffhanger to LW Season 2. If we are extraordinary lucky the finale will open up several zones leading us to the battlefield for our next major opponent.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yea im just hoping Anet looks at this post and might spark them to actually move into the rest of tyria if this thread gets enough uproar LOL ^#wishfulthinking

This will be about the thousandth thread on this, so don’t expect it to come about because of this thread

They are very well aware of such a large amount of people wanting the rest of Tyria and ofc also Cantha and Elona. I wouldn’t expect to see the other continents for a couple of years if they happen, but new zones on the map would be a reasonable expecatation for this year in my mind.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

“These zones will be opened up when we have a reason to go to them – aka dragons.”

I did not buy the game for a specific purpose of killing dragons. In fact the most enjoyable part for me was the first half of the personal story (depending on our choices at creation) and exploring the world itself.

I think I’m not alone with this, and I think your (@ FlamingFoxx.1305) approach is kind of similar, because I see a lot care about the lore behind your words, instead of a “thinking machine” with balance cryouts. So I think you can totally understand when I say exploring, helping people and just discovering stunning looking places gives a level of great joy that makes GW2 worth playing for many of us. In fact I rarely log in now that I’m at 93% world completition and got my “dream looking”. A dragon or any great villain being there isn’t a prerequirement for the world to expand.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

“These zones will be opened up when we have a reason to go to them – aka dragons.”

I did not buy the game for a specific purpose of killing dragons. In fact the most enjoyable part for me was the first half of the personal story (depending on our choices at creation) and exploring the world itself.

I think I’m not alone with this, and I think your (@ FlamingFoxx.1305) approach is kind of similar, because I see a lot care about the lore behind your words, instead of a “thinking machine” with balance cryouts. So I think you can totally understand when I say exploring, helping people and just discovering stunning looking places gives a level of great joy that makes GW2 worth playing for many of us. In fact I rarely log in now that I’m at 93% world completition and got my “dream looking”. A dragon or any great villain being there isn’t a prerequirement for the world to expand.

Oh I absolutely agree. It’s just that Arenanet seems to be thinking in terms of Dragons being the main goal and adding in smaller plot lines (connected to the dragons) throughout the year – e.g. Scarlet.

I think it’s much better when things don’t entirely revolve around dragons and a lot of my favourite places in GW2 are areas where you don’t see a lot of dragon influence because lets face it – clearing dragon minions to complete a heart gets old pretty quickly.

So I certainly do hope that they aren’t afraid to break out into different kinds of conflict and content. Cantha and Elona are obviously a GREAT way of doing this, since the conflicts in those lands aren’t central to dragons. Elona for example might have Kralkatorrik north in the Crystal Desert, but for the most part I think Palawa Joko having taken over the continent is a little more interesting/pertinent. I think the main issue is that content like that is going to take a long time to develop and draws too much away from the dragons. So we’re more likely to get content that moves into the Northern Shiverpeaks straight into Jormag infested land. But yeah. I will be very interested to see how it all pans out. It should be great watching the game evolve in the years to come – but it will take years and I just hope people are willing to wait it out.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

well we cant go to cantha or elona because of the dragons.. on top of that the canthans are not allowing entry.. even if we kill the dragon the canthans will attack us on sight if we try to enter cantha.

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Anet has little love for us explorers. We’ve gotten two new zones in over a year (and the small one went away with the LS).

SBI

The Rest of Tyria?!!

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

Anet has little love for us explorers. We’ve gotten two new zones in over a year (and the small one went away with the LS).

Yeah, but I understand why they’re doing it that way at the moment.
This close to the games release they want to keep players relatively centralised.
Most of the maps are already pretty dead and adding in a lot of new zones simply makes that worse because it spreads the player base out even more. I imagine they want to wait a while until box sales have started to slow down considerably before they go releasing a major content release with a lot of new zones – because at that point it’s likely to bring in new players and boost sales again.