The Second Sylvari Tree ?

in Living World

Posted by: starhunter.6015

starhunter.6015

As we wrap up the latest installment of the Living story some new questions arise.
First of I would like to say that the following are my thoughts on whats going on an would love to hear what you may think.
We learn that Wynne dreamed that Sylvari belong to the Jungle Dragon. But didn’t say which group of Sylvari or how they belong. We do know that there is very likely a second tree. The one Malyck is from and it could be very well his tree that attacks the Pact. Mordremoth may of taken control of the second tree and controls those Sylvari. Maybe that is what Wynne really had dreamed about. I say this due to the Pale Tree allowing outsiders to learn the truth about them. Knowing that if all sylvari was really servants of a Elder Dragon the other races would eradicate them. In the cut scenes we see the Rouge Sylvari attacking Trahearne, and if it was close proximity to the Dragon that drove Pact Sylvari mad then it should of affected Trahearne as well.
I think that the Pale tree Sylvari are going to be seen as monsters till the second tree is revealed an the return of Malyck.. I would not mind seeing another section of Sylvari raised different from what we all know..

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

It seems clear to me that not all Sylvari became corrupted. Of course, fear can cause people to ignore the innocence of some when suspicion falls upon the entire race.

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I think those closest to the Pale Tree will maintain her protection. Soundless and Nightmare Court are definitely vulnerable. Those sprouted from the Shadow Tree, or whatever it’ll be called, were probably corrupted fully from birth. Except Malyck, but he very well could have been corrupted since we last saw him.

I should be writing.

in Living World

Posted by: Syione.3046

Syione.3046

Has anyone noticed that the dragon you fight is the same exact dragon you fight as a sylvari in the dream.

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Has anyone noticed that the dragon you fight is the same exact dragon you fight as a sylvari in the dream.

If you read one of the books under the Priory, it specifically mentions that this is the same dragon, yes.

I should be writing.

in Living World

Posted by: Silverlilly.4526

Silverlilly.4526

I agree in the personal story mode you the PC and Caithe supposedly share the same fate ,and it shows you fighting Mordremoth’s lieutenant then your wild hunt wouldn’t have been Zhaitan but Mordremoth

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Except we learn that Sylvari from the Pale Tree can be corrupted. During the last cutscene you see a ton of Sylvari from the Pact, Lionguard, etc. get red eyes and turn on their comrades. And then later we see Sylvari that seem more tribal/more savage using nightmare court weapons or something very similar.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Malyck’s Tree is still out in the wind, somewhere. It’s believed to be in the Magus Falls, but if that’s the case, the odds of them having avoided Mordremoth’s attention are very unlikely. A pity they never really followed up on that. Would’ve been way cooler if instead of Glint’s Egg, we got a vision of his Tree/sylvari fighting the Mordrem too, and our quest became helping them out.

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

What I do wonder is… during the announcement, when they were showing artwork of the expansion… they’ve shown the image of a big tree that looks similar to the pale tree. I instantly wondered if this might be another tree like the one in The Grove; just under the influence of Mordremoth (or maybe not).

Artwork shown during the announcement: http://oi61.tinypic.com/29dv19s.jpg

Artwork of the Pale Tree: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/3/37/Pale_Tree.jpg

As for why some Sylvari get corrupted and others don’t… I do think it might have to do with the mental stability/strength of the individual. Maybe some can resist longer than others. Maybe the nature/strength of the bond to their mother also plays a role, like already mentioned.

in Living World

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

In the cut scenes we see the Rouge Sylvari attacking Trahearne, and if it was close proximity to the Dragon that drove Pact Sylvari mad then it should of affected Trahearne as well.

Some of the Sylvari are rouge? Are those the ones with the red eyes?

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Wait…Trahearne got attacked too? I only saw Logan and Eir getting attacked mainly. Trahearne seemed to just vanish after the vines started wrecking the ships. I don’t think he turned rogue, otherwise Eir would’ve most likely gotten a nasty stab in the back from Caladbolg.

in Living World

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Some of the sylvari are Soundless.

Through the story it was revealed that both Scarlett and that other random one from Dry Top were Soundless. Soundless can absolutely be corrupted. It seems the Pale Tree protects those who accept the Dream from Mordremoth’s influence. But some can still choose to side with Mordremoth, as we see Faolain killing our allies in the trailer. Faolain has been trying to bring nightmare to the Dream this whole time so she should still be protected from Mordremoth since she participates in the Dream, but she could still choose to ally with Mordremoth, or to give up the Dream and side with Mordremoth completely.

in Living World

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

I’d be kind of disappointed to see Malyck’s tree be just a source of corrupted dragon minions – Malyck himself seemed to be a pretty decent guy with a solid, intuitive grasp of right and wrong.

On the other hand, if the children of the other Tree are all more or less sane and reasonable people who happen to worship Mordremoth as their deity, that could be very interesting.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

In reviewing my sylvari’s personal story, it mentions how “there is no coming back from the Nightmare”. Using the knowledge that sylvari are supposed to be dragon minions, I interpret that as the Nightmare succumbing to Mordremoth, while the Dream somehow protects them from being corrupted, controlled… whatever. What we haven’t learned, though, is why the Tree is somehow protecting the sylvari from instantly being minions.

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

In reviewing my sylvari’s personal story, it mentions how “there is no coming back from the Nightmare”. Using the knowledge that sylvari are supposed to be dragon minions, I interpret that as the Nightmare succumbing to Mordremoth,

I don’t think that the Nightmare is directly related to Mordremoth, though. The Nightmare Court mainly wants to get rid of Ventari’s teachings and most likely well… turn the dream into a nightmare. It’s probably not their goal at all to make Sylvari mindless minions of an elder dragon. Thus, I don’t think the Nightmare and Mordremoth are directly related to eachother.

What we haven’t learned, though, is why the Tree is somehow protecting the sylvari from instantly being minions.

The Pale Tree grew mostly outside of the influence of Mordremoth, and was instead influenced by Ronan and Ventari and their view of things. So while the seed probably was originally intended to become a dragon-minion producer, it instead learned about the values of life, peace, friendship, love, loyalty, wisdom and all those things.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Don’t forget that during the expansion announcement Colin said that many Sylvari heard the call of the dragon and answered. Key word being many, not all. I suspect some were able to resist. Pretty much any Sylvari with a name was probably able to resist the call.

in Living World

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

Why are you having this discussion AT ALL?

First of all, we have Sylvari player characters. That alone proves not all of them are now Mordremoth allies, cause, as far as I know, there is no open world PvP planned and I don’t see how I would lose my characters, even for a while, to a fact that sylvari are now somehow only Mordremoths allies, and under his influence.
Second, as far as I know, there are still sylvari fighting against Mordremoth in the trailer, which would suggest not all of them are under his influence.
Third, I mean it would just be plain ridiculous. It’s a playable race.

Sylvari fighting sylvari – it’s the only proof you need they aren’t all under Mordremoth influence.

About the second sylvari tree? We already know there is at least one. There could be more. Are they all under Mordrem. influence? We shall see.