The White Mantle Bandit Leaders

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Hello, Anet, I understand this content is quite old by now, and most people have finished with them.
However, some of us were really occupied at the time of release, and are now having a REALLY hard time to get these bandits done.
It’s simply not feasible to kill several champions alone. I propably could on my mesmer, but fun would a cataclysm overstatement.

Is there any chance that now that the content is dead, the bandit leaders can be reduced to Elite status? That is Vic the Iron and his brethren

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They should have avoided the problem altogether by having group events scale down after a time.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are a couple of different ways to adjust things:

• Reduce the difficulty of each boss (OP’s suggestion)
  • Rescale the event the longer the boss remains up (first respondent’s suggestion)
  • Change the reward for repeating.

Of those, I think the most efficient way to get more people to help out would be to change the rewards. I’d be interested in more AP or even some sort of skin that might no longer be easily obtained.

The other two suggestions require rethinking the balance of the encounter, which I think would be harder to pull off.

Currently you get 5 AP per 3 bounties + 25s + dropped loot. That’s not bad, except that there are 10 different bosses, each with a separate bounty item. And you cap at 30 AP. Occasionally I’ll help out with a bounty as an extra event, but 25s + 0 AP makes it less rewarding than doing just about anything else, given that I have to visit LA to get the bounty & can’t just show up.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The other two suggestions require rethinking the balance of the encounter, which I think would be harder to pull off.

There’s no need to balance it. Simply lower the scaling and see how it goes. If a champion is normally scaled for 5 people for example, a solo champion would have 80% reduced health and 50% reduced damage.

Adjusting the rewards is only a temporary solution. There’s always going to be something better and as the game expands with more stuff to do, it’s only going to get worse. If they do anything however, they will likely take the simplest route and rely on dailies, rather than actually futureproofing the game.

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s no need to balance it. Simply lower the scaling and see how it goes. If a champion is normally scaled for 5 people for example, a solo champion would have 80% reduced health and 50% reduced damage.

That sounds good as I read it, but on reflection, I’m not sure that it’s realistic. I’ve never seen ANet pull off an iterative approach. They either make an immediate change after a patch (as they did with elementalist and necro this week) or they don’t revisit the situation for months or years.

And the suggestion assumes that someone at ANet thinks that “lowering the scaling” is meaningfully different from “rebalancing.” I suspect it involves more than just changing a single number or two (and even that requires someone to decide on the appropriate numbers for… several different encounters).

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I wouldn’t mind it if Anet went back and started rebalancing fights that are supposed to be tough after they’ve been out for some time (maybe ~3 months for current event stuff, maybe ~12 months for expansion fights). Its just inevitable that over time fewer people will be interested in participating, especially if they can’t get any more AP from said fights.

For me, the list of encounters that could stand to be rescaled would be the bandit fights (most of them are fine, but a few of them hit ridiculously hard, capable of one shotting me on a lvl appropriate character), the bandit executioner (imo the difficulty of the fight combined with not that great rewards pushes a lot of people away, not to mention that ridiculous bubble that keeps more players without directed teleports from joining), some HoT fights after the second expac drops (which I believe will lead to a permanent decline in teh population in the HoT maps)

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d love it if ANet revisited and rebalanced each of the zones every so often. They just never have done that in the past and don’t seemed inclined to do it anytime soon. Even during the 1-2 updates/month excitement of LS1 (which wasn’t even every month), they only touched on some events in some of the zones affected by the story.

in Living World

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Hmm, I see these still being done quite often. Creating a group in LFG during peak hours will probably get you a bunch of people to help. If the map is the daily then there’s even more chance I imagine.

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Dead content? Just tag up in the World and say ’’Bandit boss- his/her name at my tag!’’
Random people will also join up if it’s a low-leveled area...
I Always found a lot of ppl when I did this and last time I defeated the last boss was a few weeks ago only.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Considering they pop up every 30 minutes or so, if the last one you beat was a few weeks ago that should tell yousomething about the interest level in these events now.

Usually when I come across one in a map and call it out I’ll get a few people to participate, having a commander tag would probably help substantially more. Other times I get no one, and I’m not quite sure if its because of a low interest level or if its because I was on a dead map.

in Living World

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Considering they pop up every 30 minutes or so, if the last one you beat was a few weeks ago that should tell yousomething about the interest level in these events now.

Usually when I come across one in a map and call it out I’ll get a few people to participate, having a commander tag would probably help substantially more. Other times I get no one, and I’m not quite sure if its because of a low interest level or if its because I was on a dead map.

Advertising in LFG helps majorly though. When I was doing these I checked map first, then looked in LFG, often there were groups for these guys there and I could just hop instance. Might take a bit but many people still do them as they’re repeatable and as such an endless source of AP.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

yea, I’ve been advertising them in all my guild chats, making a squad, and calling them out. But I usually have to wait at least 30 minutes until 3-4 people show up..
so its not exactly fool proof
(and yes, that’s during peak hours)

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Advertising in LFG helps majorly though. When I was doing these I checked map first, then looked in LFG, often there were groups for these guys there and I could just hop instance. Might take a bit but many people still do them as they’re repeatable and as such an endless source of AP.

You still only get a fixed amount of AP, it’s not an endless source.