The big problem with LS's.

in Living World

Posted by: werebeagle.8537

werebeagle.8537

I’ve bene enjoying the living storys since halloween. that was fun in lore and story, was ‘new lore’, but it made snese when compared to the old lore about the Mad King.

Heck, even the current Toxic allaince stuff I liked, and I hated the krait before.

Then Scarlet appeared. then I cried. Then she flaunted that how awesome she was.

Then I realized most of the LS’s were caused by Scarlet in some way or the other that made no sense.

Serisouly, what the hell Anet. Your writing isn’t bad, but Scarlet is a whole new level of low. Whoever is writing for her, fire him/her/obbesed fan of their own character.

I rarely post on fourms, but this has kitten’d me off enough.

(edited by werebeagle.8537)

in Living World

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

Spoilers I havnt really had a problem with Scarlet before this latest update. But really the reactor was suppose to be something different some dragon related thing or mage…something. But really Scarlet? It feels like you just couldnt give the time to make anything creative so said yeah stick her in there! So the huge mystery is Scarlet just decided to blow it up. Whoopie.

in Living World

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Involving Scarlet in Thaumanova is just a horrible mistake, writing-wise. I never liked the WACKY SUPER-SMART VILLAINESS from the beginning, and it’s just getting worse and worse.

Please stop, Anet, please.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

in Living World

Posted by: werebeagle.8537

werebeagle.8537

I have no problem with wacky super smart villainess…but she is neither smart, wacky, or super. she says she is, but, doesn’t act like it. She acts quite dumb, really, but for some reason all of her plans work anyway.

in Living World

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

I just want to reiterate: Scarlet was not the cause of the meltdown. We learn that the facility was initially intended to study chaos magic but the Inquest pushed the direction of the facility towards dragon magic. The Inquest learned that there was a link between the Elder Dragon energy and chaos energy. They concluded that the chaos energy and dragon magic may have a link or even be the same. They also concluded that this magical energy follows a course through the globe and crisscrosses at certain areas. One of these areas was the Thaumanova Reactor. So their study of the two energies at this interception of magical energy is what caused the meltdown.

in Living World

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

I just want to reiterate: Scarlet was not the cause of the meltdown. We learn that the facility was initially intended to study chaos magic but the Inquest pushed the direction of the facility towards dragon magic. The Inquest learned that there was a link between the Elder Dragon energy and chaos energy. They concluded that the chaos energy and dragon magic may have a link or even be the same. They also concluded that this magical energy follows a course through the globe and crisscrosses at certain areas. One of these areas was the Thaumanova Reactor. So their study of the two energies at this interception of magical energy is what caused the meltdown.

Which is what makes her insertion into the fractal story even more pointless, in my opinion.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

in Living World

Posted by: Jerron Blacksilver.8629

Jerron Blacksilver.8629

I’m to the point that I only play the new LS content to get the achievements, then I go back to doing things that are fun and have no tedious and annoying Mary Sue megavillain behind (or at least involved in) everything bad that happens.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m to the point that I only play the new LS content to get the achievements, then I go back to doing things that are fun and have no tedious and annoying Mary Sue megavillain behind (or at least involved in) everything bad that happens.

I’m at the point where I simply ignore the LS altogether. Imagine my surprise when I got the achievement reward (place of power) for one of the recent LS achievement lines! (I’m guessing from killing corrupted champs while champ training.)

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Which is what makes her insertion into the fractal story even more pointless, in my opinion.

It doesn’t if it give us some more information about what she is doing. This actually is good writing because it is showing something rather than telling it. Sadly, many of the complaints about Scarlet are that people want to be told what is going on. Hopefully, they will realize how much better this is after we’ve reached the end of the Scarlet story arc. Then it should all come together and we would be like, “Ah, so that’s why Scarlet was there.” If not, then you might have some claim to the story being poorly written.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It doesn’t if it give us some more information about what she is doing. This actually is good writing because it is showing something rather than telling it. Sadly, many of the complaints about Scarlet are that people want to be told what is going on. Hopefully, they will realize how much better this is after we’ve reached the end of the Scarlet story arc. Then it should all come together and we would be like, “Ah, so that’s why Scarlet was there.” If not, then you might have some claim to the story being poorly written.

If the first 10 minutes of a TV show are just awful you flip the channel and watch something else — you don’t wait around for the off chance that it’ll have an awesome ending.

in Living World

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

It’s pretty easy for me to ignore Scarlet herself — I bypass content she’s involved in because I’m simply not interested in her off-putting character or “story” in the least. That said, I did get the “place of power” but that was the only reason I even bothered with toxic content at all (haven’t entered the tower even once, don’t plan on it). I don’t do fractals because they’re too much time for too little payoff, so the only time she becomes actively intrusive for me is when her minions attack some random zone (apparently by bombing it with big yellow letters). Usually my attitude is “Heh, the Harathi Hinterlands can have her.”

However, it’s impossible to ignore the growing number of bugs that just get piled on top of existing bugs with each release. Stuff that used to work just fine bugs out. Audio that once played normally suddenly gets cut off or doesn’t play at all. Zone changes take 3-4x longer than they did just a month ago, etc etc etc. Story aside, the game’s basic function is being degraded by the LS push. Once load times and GUI behavior reach a certain point of “unplayability,” GW2 will start losing players at a phenomenal rate. Poor storytelling and substandard content can be tolerated if the gameplay and mechanics are interesting and work they way they’re supposed to…oh wait.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

If the first 10 minutes of a TV show are just awful you flip the channel and watch something else — you don’t wait around for the off chance that it’ll have an awesome ending.

Good advice.