The one problem with lw s3 trailer

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

The trailer highlights our “friends” who helped us defeat mordy………while technically they didn’t do squat where the beans are rox frostbite and kasmeer?! Aren’t they important?

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

It also assumes Lord Mordemoth is dead, which is silly since you can’t kill a god. He will return and lead the Sylvari to glorious victory over the tyranny of the pact.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The trailer highlights our “friends” who helped us defeat mordy………while technically they didn’t do squat where the beans are rox frostbite and kasmeer?! Aren’t they important?

This is the only problem? How about the complete lack of information about LW3? All we know id the date, that’s it. All it contained was a recap of the story of HoT, things we already know. It’s like outing out a trailer for star wars episode 8 and just telling you what happened in 7. I really don’t understand the point to it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The real problem is that it was a recap, not a trailer.
Only the last 5 seconds was a trailer.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This is the only problem? How about the complete lack of information about LW3? All we know id the date, that’s it. All it contained was a recap of the story of HoT, things we already know. It’s like outing out a trailer for star wars episode 8 and just telling you what happened in 7. I really don’t understand the point to it.

The biggest thing for me was that Kasmeer wasn’t in it. Short of Taimi she is by far my favorite character in the story episodes. But anyway all of the information about LWS3 that we have been given has been in the current events anyway. Its not like we don’t have any information. Especially if you Raid and have gotten to see that storyline, you have a pretty good idea of what LWS3 will be about.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It was also the blandest recap I could imagine — the story (& the meta of all the various maps) was a lot more fun than the video made it sound. It was on par with the recap of LS1 that you can access from the NPC in LA.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

It also assumes Lord Mordemoth is dead, which is silly since you can’t kill a god. He will return and lead the Sylvari to glorious victory over the tyranny of the pact.

Lord Mordemoth? You mean Elder Dragon mordremoth? Elder Dragons / Dragons are not Gods, they are deities creatures. And we did kill him just as we did Zhaitan, just as we will at least attempt for the remaining 4. That weed has been pulled

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

The biggest thing for me was that Kasmeer wasn’t in it. Short of Taimi she is by far my favorite character in the story episodes. But anyway all of the information about LWS3 that we have been given has been in the current events anyway. Its not like we don’t have any information. Especially if you Raid and have gotten to see that storyline, you have a pretty good idea of what LWS3 will be about.

Rox was not there also. No I don’t raid, I don’t have the time for it. Yes we have current events as an idea, but a hint of where the story was going would have been nice. The trailer left me with a “meah” feeling about it all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t really see an issue with the trailer. First of all, it’s obviously meant to be a teaser more than a trailer.

My problem with most trailers is spoilers. Half the time I go to the movies and see a trailer and every good bit from the movie is in the trailer and I’m thinking, oh good, another movie I don’t need to see. I didn’t see Titanic for years, because I knew how it ended. The boat sank.

Teasers are fine. I’d prefer not having spoilers. I feel like I have too many already.

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Lord Mordemoth? You mean Elder Dragon mordremoth? Elder Dragons / Dragons are not Gods, they are deities creatures. And we did kill him just as we did Zhaitan, just as we will at least attempt for the remaining 4. That weed has been pulled

You lie, Lord Mordemoth will have his revenge.

in Living World

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

I don’t really see an issue with the trailer. First of all, it’s obviously meant to be a teaser more than a trailer.

My problem with most trailers is spoilers. Half the time I go to the movies and see a trailer and every good bit from the movie is in the trailer and I’m thinking, oh good, another movie I don’t need to see. I didn’t see Titanic for years, because I knew how it ended. The boat sank.

Teasers are fine. I’d prefer not having spoilers. I feel like I have too many already.

Lol my issue with what you said is this…The whole point of these release notes that contain the trailer is that they are now using it as a push to make people buy HoT. No HoT no LWs3. I am fine with that, but the way its all written out, it is obvious HoT sales are sucking atm, and they need to up those, sooooo, cutting legendaries probably impacted that a little, I mean who wants an expansion that doesn’t deliver what it promised? Faggetaboutit, just make LWS3 require HoT, make it require a lvl 80, throw a lvl 80 upgrade in with HoT, and make it sound like we have not been duped. Perfect.

Not really. And add to it that while trying to sell HoT like this, the video then ruins ever mystery of HoT. Those poor people that bought HoT recently, then watched that trailer have nothing to look forward too. IT is nothing but spoliers for them.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Living World Season 3 has always required Heart of Thorns. That was stated long, long before release. Nothing new there, the Devs didn’t ‘just make LW Season 3 require HoT; so, I’m not sure why the teaser/trailer would be considered a ‘dupe’ item.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Lol my issue with what you said is this…The whole point of these release notes that contain the trailer is that they are now using it as a push to make people buy HoT. No HoT no LWs3. I am fine with that, but the way its all written out, it is obvious HoT sales are sucking atm, and they need to up those, sooooo, cutting legendaries probably impacted that a little, I mean who wants an expansion that doesn’t deliver what it promised? Faggetaboutit, just make LWS3 require HoT, make it require a lvl 80, throw a lvl 80 upgrade in with HoT, and make it sound like we have not been duped. Perfect.

Not really. And add to it that while trying to sell HoT like this, the video then ruins ever mystery of HoT. Those poor people that bought HoT recently, then watched that trailer have nothing to look forward too. IT is nothing but spoliers for them.

If you had ready the HoT Q&A well before HoT launched it was stated that you would need HoT to play.LW3. In the age of google ignorance is now excuse.

That is also why some people, my self included thought of HoT as a DLC season pass.

in Living World

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

The trailer was fine.. at least it wasn’t a total of 5 seconds, regardless if the last was the most important.

You can’t seriously be mad that they are spoiling something that is widely known for nearly a year. If you played the game at all, you would know we defeated the dragon.

AND if you didn’t, go buy it earlier and don’t moan that the story has been spoiled for you after nearly a year of being released. I mean, seriously..

(edited by boolah.1325)

in Living World

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Exactly what this one said. This is by no means a trailer.

in Living World

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I concur.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

After 9 months we got scenes from HoT story, nothing more (only few secs was trailer- new Fractal probably), but I waited for breaking news in Story, not something what was in Epizodes of HoT.

ANet thinks that we are stupid and we don’t know what happens after Mordy’ Death<— Ley Line in Tyria, Egg’ Birth… After 9 months we could to think out.

But one thing in the trailer was great<—- music. I can watch the trailer, because I want to hear this beautiful music. From Rata Novus, yes?

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)