The problem with organising. (Europe problem)

in Living World

Posted by: Meemai.7523

Meemai.7523

As always people from the USA think about the USA most….

Let me call out some problems with this event, first of you made German, French and English servers, I believe there is even a Spanish one? Of course nice your thinking about Europe, and giving players with different languages a chance. However then you introduce a language filter system so if I so desire I can block all different language clients.

And then you kick them all in one boss and expect them to do events that require organisation together. The problem here is, most cannot even read what you say because they filtered on German/English/French/Spanish only or whatever.

In Guild wars 1 events would be nicer you could do them in groups, presents would fall out of the sky or they would be easy enough to do. I plead for instances like you do in story modes, make a looking for group system for those without friends lik me.

But what the event is now: Bascily you deleted the queensdale train and what has happened? Well the pavilion became a queensdale train… Which means farming tickets is very slow, getting a rare drop from the bags is very, very rare I opened over 300 but nothing as of far.

I don’t know what your doing but when the devs said they wanted to create events in which everyone works together and can be excited over a dragon… Well you just made somethign like pavillion which is frustrating, because you have to organise people with different language filters, people that cannot speak English or people. As I am typing this I am getting a whisper in game, in French that askes me how I killed Liadri…… Now I want to help him but I do not know how to say bomb kit in English.

Anyway moving on… It’s frustrating to organise those people and then it’s even more frustrating to deal with people that won’t listen, so y ou need a big guild of 80 people to do it, but how many guilds have 80 people?

A group hower can be quickly formed, we know fractals are hard and challenging and they are nice to do they make me excited to move to higher levels etc. But since it is the only challenging thing to do you do it everyday and after a week or 2 you get bored.

However a event in which I just brainlessly spam a skill and know it will take long without it being effective. I mean the gauntlet is cool killing Liadri is good, when I killed Liadri I was like YES when I killed the pavilion bosses I was like ’ I’m out of here.’ But then you need more tickets and have to stay.. Please learn from this feedback make it less zerg orientated please.

At least give Europe 2 minutes extra time in comparision to USA because we have language issues. Or stop putting me in a French overflow, when I am in a English server….

(edited by Meemai.7523)

in Living World

Posted by: JackBirkby.4356

JackBirkby.4356

Agreed, despite the best efforts of those who understand how it works, the event always seems to go one way – counter-clockwise, starting from the Ogres. I’m on Blacktide, and I’ve done the event a few times guesting on Seafarer’s Rest.

Before it starts, there are people in map chat trying to organize everyone into groups. Then someone pops a commander tag and everyone heads off after them, with one or two people heading to individual bosses. They usually fail or give up and the zerg begins to slowly progress around.

I’m starting to think I’ll never achieve anything other than bronze unless I luck out and time my attempt while a large guild is doing it. I realise a solution to this would be to join said large guild and find out when they’re doing the event, but as shown here: http://youtu.be/98YSue1OCG8 even that isn’t always an option as you might not be able to get into the instance with them.

If there was some way that the event’s mechanics could be explained, then everyone would at least be able to try for gold. Maybe through NPC guide characters that all go off at the same time to fight each boss, doing minimal damage and are easily downed. They’d serve to show that all bosses need to be dealt with at the same time, through in game dialogue just before the event starts maybe? I dunno, bit late now anyway.

My point is, you go into the pavilion and when the event starts, the bosses spawn and you’re told “Defeat all the Queen’s Pavilion champions. The faster you kill them, the better the rewards”. Logically, more players on one boss means higher burst so faster kills, which is obviously not how it works thanks to scaling. This has the adverse effect of making the bosses child’s play for organised guilds and a pain in the kitten for zergs who end up fighting demigods at 4fps in a sea of twilight/sunrise particle effect trails.

If ArenaNet want people completing this content at gold level, they need to at least hint at how they want the content done. There’s nothing to suggest this to the average player, who’s making his way through the content without a guild. I’m just grateful that the meta-event didn’t require you to obtain gold tier completion.

in Living World

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Every player isn’t even aware of language filter yet, and it’s, as I recall, automatically checked, so that’s even worse.

1) Fix communications issues. Color bosses icons se we can see the ongoing scaling or something like that, introduce some shiny mapwide pings, make us be able to see how much health a boss has and how many people are there, I don’t know, there’s just so much to work on since you barely improved this side while making the bosses recquire more, and you made it so much worse for EU just a month ago.
2) Get the arenas out of there. People doing them shouldn’t take space for the blitz, otherwise it’s just plain kittened. Make it instanced so we can go to another world with our group if we want to, still getting the “spectator” side of it without the waiting, or just another area, and it’s fine.
3) Forbid commander tags. People ARE going to follow them, yes this is not how it should be done but they WILL and you know it, everyone does, no matter how wrong it is they’re going for what they’re used to. Because that’s what we’ve been doing from the start, isnt it? Take commanders as the big meeting point where the farming is best, where the zerg is the most popular, all of that is just fine, just don’t bring it here. Yes, peple should realize this is stupid, but we have two to four weeks to do that, and people WON’T realize, or on the latest part, and ANet should have seen that coming since the event is okay with either 0 commanders or either 6.
4) Teach players, since we can’t do it. Guide them. I don’t know… I know how to do it, none of the servers I’ve been on knows though, so I can’t do it, if I explain, maybe 1/4 of the servers will see the messages, maybe 1/16 will listen, maybe 1/32 will understand or trust me.

From the start of the game we’ve been zerging. You can introduce things that are not zerging, it’s perfectly fine, it’s pretty cool. But give us the tools and teach players the correct way now you’ve teached them the wrong way. Or penalize both the smart ones that get frustrated for being able to do it only with a big guild or with a lucky guess on a server, and the sheep ones or those who were not teached how to do it that will get bored and go back to other things.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

(edited by AnAspieKitten.5732)

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

= the problem with Megaserver + non-instanced raid content.

Attachments:

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in Living World

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

There are French/Spanish/English and German ts servers with organized runs
I hate the language filter though!

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

= the problem with Megaserver + non-instanced raid content.

Haha very well met.

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

We’ve reported this problem since the beginning of megaservers.
We haven’t heard one word about it from Anet.

in Living World

Posted by: Meemai.7523

Meemai.7523

Thanks for the reply all.