Thermal Propulsion Mastery description

in Living World

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

So there was just a small detail about the new mastery that kind of bothers me.
It says “When the dwarves took on Primordus, they learned much about traveling through Tyria’s heated core. Learn this Mastery to travel long distances as the dwarves did.”

I feel like learning the mastery should have been a part of the story, because otherwise it really doesn’t make sense that we suddenly get the knowledge of the dwarves out of nowhere.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Actually you are going through the air which is sort of the only thing in the description that is in any way strange. How you get it is based on how you get any of them so if you do the story you will have enough Mastery points and exp to unlock it.

in Living World

Posted by: Dream Shake.8741

Dream Shake.8741

Is there any way to tell which way those things are going to shoot me? It usually sends me the opposite of where I want to go. Do I have to memorize them?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

There’s an arrow on the minimap for them. Plus, each one has an entrance that you dive into, and an exit pointing into the air near the entrance – the exit points out which direction you’ll be fired.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is there any way to tell which way those things are going to shoot me? It usually sends me the opposite of where I want to go. Do I have to memorize them?

Since I’m dyslexic, I’m pretending that I’m confused about which direction they seem to be pointing — it definitely looks like there’s something blocking me from moving in the direction indicated by the arrows on the mini map, i.e. it seems to be me that they are pointing backwards.

Alternatively just remember that you move away from the lava, towards the little “candy corn”-colored ‘nose’

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think they were initially going to have it as part of the story. If you talk to “stone head” one of his dialogue options is to ask if there are underground caverns or some other easy to way to get around, and then he goes on to describe how to use the lava tubes. Presumably, that was going to be the trigger to unlock the ability to learn the mastery. But then somewhere along the line the devs decided it was too restrictive and not fun to have to get to that point without the tubes and just made it unlock by default when you enter the zone.