"They belong to the dragon now."

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/537969851432968192

So, apparently there are crab-like thingies that belongs to a dragon.

And could that be Rytlock in the background? ^^

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Oh, hell.

Mordy’s gotten to the karka!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

are those corrupted aloes?

So we’re gonna be facing off against a swarm of pine nuts that not only knock you down but AoE heal each other? Yeah I’ll play that let’s do this.

in Living World

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

Frst thing thet fall to my mind is Desteny edge 1.0 is under mordremoth influence or maybe pale tree dont have power to be care taker of drems now and mordemoth has taken control on newborn sylvari.

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

are those corrupted aloes?

So we’re gonna be facing off against a swarm of pine nuts that not only knock you down but AoE heal each other? Yeah I’ll play that let’s do this.

I would like to see the original plant creatures make a return (namely the aloe and reed stalkers) but they aren’t in the game in uncorrupted form so it’s not likely they would be in corrupted form.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I think it’s just about random mobs (we never faced before) that are located in the Maguuma jungle instead of the desert northern part. Remember they also added that new adventurer skin or whatever it was called implying we would go to the jungle next.

At least that’s my opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

No, it’s Evon, of course. Hence the quote: he literally just sold them to the dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

We are going to fight………….crab people :P

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Looks like Aloe Seed.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

They’re either Aloes or Scarabs. Either of which I would be very very excited to see. Though they’re most likely using the Karka model and animations.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

the Aloes are coming back!? I hope they don’t constantly heal each other XD

in Living World

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Honestly they just look like remodeled version of the destroyer crab.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The way I look at it, the most obvious conclusion is that “they” refers to Rytlock, who is a prisoner of Mordremoth. (Somehow. It’s unclear how he got out of the Mists in the first place, unless that scene is from a place in the Mists which shows a potential alternate timeline where Mordremoth has been successful in beating back the Pact.)

in Living World

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

the Aloes are coming back!? I hope they don’t constantly heal each other XD

Yeah, we already have to deal with that with Mordem menders, don’t really need a second kind of Mordem that does the same thing

in Living World

Posted by: sniperfefe.6021

sniperfefe.6021

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

First Karka, then Crab Toss, now this…

I think someone at Anet has an unhealthy obsession with crabs.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

No, it’s Evon, of course. Hence the quote: he literally just sold them to the dragon.

Can we please take time to appreciate this joke.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

The way I look at it, the most obvious conclusion is that “they” refers to Rytlock, who is a prisoner of Mordremoth. (Somehow. It’s unclear how he got out of the Mists in the first place, unless that scene is from a place in the Mists which shows a potential alternate timeline where Mordremoth has been successful in beating back the Pact.)

I will just take this as a complete troll post….or extremely good weed and would want to know the exact source.

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

Oh hai there, aloes. I haven’t seen you guys since guild wars 1 prophecies. What’s up, how’s it been? I see you’re all still the angry little pine nuts that you were before. Just one question, are you going to be doing that AOE heal thing again? If you are, give me a moment…

NOOOOOOOO! The last thing we need are mordrem menders 2.0! xD

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aloe_Seed

(Or http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Life_Pod for the Maguuma Jungle version)

(edited by Sorann Peace.9056)

in Living World

Posted by: MorDread.2378

MorDread.2378

Mmm def seems to be Aloes but I didn’t know Aloes could be corrupted since we fought them in GW1 anyway. Seems they are our natural enemy anyway and couldn’t they be from Mord even from then? A dragon sleeping may have some form of followers if that makes sense. How long does it take for dragons to rouse from sleep fully anyway? A looooong time. I still haven’t seen one called vera. Yes, Vera the Aloe. Mord and Vera sitting in a COUGH tree. The poor tree.

Time to get Bill and Ben armoured up. Something more sturdy than their flower pots.

If that was Rytlock then this would be Aloes in the past where Rytlock is and not now. So we may or may not see them return.

in Living World

Posted by: MorDread.2378

MorDread.2378

Forgot to add this.

If they look like Karkas then they have a theme tune.

To the Transformers cartoon theme.
To remind: Transformers, robots in disguise.

TranformAloooeees, Karkas in disguise…. dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Rytlock: Ah perfect. Barbecue fuel. Just what I need for my en flambe part of my chef’s course.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is nothing at all that says Rytlock is in the past.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I will just take this as a complete troll post….or extremely good weed and would want to know the exact source.

Um, I’m not exactly sure why you’d think that was a troll post. We know for a fact that the portal Rytlock jumped into took him into the Mists. He might have found his way back out, only to get stuck somewhere in the Maguuma Jungle (those “aloes” look like Mordremoth’s minions).

We also know that the Mists contain fragments of reality which can show visitors scenes from the past, including alternate timelines that didn’t occur in our reality. (The devs have hinted that the Uncategorised Fractal is one such, while the Ascalonian Fractal, while set during the Searing, was said to be not necessarily an accurate depiction of an event that occurred.)

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wouldn’t say “troll.” But “they” is plural. Rytlock is not a “they.” I think the ANet writers generally don’t flub grammar that badly.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, that’s one way of reading it. I thought it might have been ANet being coy over the identity of the character (“He” would have been a dead giveaway), even though the graphic clearly shows that it’s a Charr (and likely a male Charr, given his bulk).

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

I wouldn’t say “troll.” But “they” is plural. Rytlock is not a “they.” I think the ANet writers generally don’t flub grammar that badly.

‘They’ can be used singularly, too. It’s not just plural.

Incursiön [iN]

in Living World

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

‘They’ can be used singularly, too. It’s not just plural.

Or the poster wasn’t native English speaker perhaps?

In some languages plural form “they” is sometimes used in singular mode – for example, Russian, Finnish, sometimes German and others.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That could be, zwierz. While “they” can be used singularly and often is, especially now that people prefer not to assume gender but find “he or she” too awkward, that does not make it grammatically correct for usage in game tooltips or in this tweeted image. I simply do not believe ANet would deliberately write that clumsily in an attempt to say Rytlock is the one to whom the pronoun refers. They could say “I” belong to the dragon, now, if they meant to indicate an unidentified singular person.

Now that doesn’t mean the word “they” refers to the aloe-things we see in the image, either. The text and the image might not be that directly related. We’ll find out tomorrow!

in Living World

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

That could be, zwierz. While “they” can be used singularly and often is, especially now that people prefer not to assume gender but find “he or she” too awkward, that does not make it grammatically correct for usage in game tooltips or in this tweeted image. I simply do not believe ANet would deliberately write that clumsily in an attempt to say Rytlock is the one to whom the pronoun refers. They could say “I” belong to the dragon, now, if they meant to indicate an unidentified singular person.

Now that doesn’t mean the word “they” refers to the aloe-things we see in the image, either. The text and the image might not be that directly related. We’ll find out tomorrow!

Oh yeah, I didn’t mean that ANet used it in that form of course, I personally think it’s about the scarabs/aloes in the front row. And I doubt that this charr is Rytlock, I think it’s just a generic charr.