Those Giant Hands

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Audrea.2749

Audrea.2749

I never see this event up…been in Lake Doric 4 hours straight some days and still not up…anyone know the timer to the High Sage for this achievement?

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you running the ‘leather farm’? Are there enough players to spawn it?

There’s this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Defeat_the_massive_earth_elemental_and_stop_the_Harathi_High_Sage

Good luck.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Audrea.2749

I was in a squad yesterday running the leather farm…and tons of players but maybe cause we kept running the farm the boss never spawned…so frustrating…thanks for the info..

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I feel your pain…I got lucky the other night. I joined a leather farm group and did it about 3 times….no boss. I didn’t care anything about getting leather so I was frustrated.

So me and another guy who was trying for it as well found a safe place at the top and on the wall above the entrance where he should spawn.

While there, I heard he spawns every hour as well as it has something to do with the four champions that spawn on the way up. Perhaps its some kind of combination that causes the spawn…..I don’t know.

All I know for sure, after 5 runs, 3 that I participated in, and 2 that I just watched from my safe place…..he finally spawned.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

wut?
just stand outside the centaur camp and watch the very top of the tower. Keep going back to character select and then to your character to switch instances.
If there’s a nasty bloodstone shroud at the tower, the Harathi High Sage is chillin up there. When you spot that, start a squad in LFG and run up there with everyone. Attack the sage and the event starts, i think.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Audrea.2749

Thank you so much everyone…I joined another leather farm tonight and finally the High Sage spawned…:-)

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Hoping anet kills this farm soon so we can just do the event as intended.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Why isn’t this on the Boss Timer on dulfy?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Szu.7392

Szu.7392

People used to farm for leather all the way up the Fallen Watchtower. Now everyone just farms at the bottom with turrets and minions, even after the engi nerf. Pretty frustrating for people who need the achievement or the point of interest.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

The reason why sage isnt on any event timer is simple ( and something anyone who runs the tower leather farm should know – note i said runs not taking part in ) sage is the only boss in lake doric who is on a different timer . All other events / bosses in lake doric have preset times where sage run on a timer that starts upon his death . His timer runs something along the lines of 90 – 120 mins from when he was last killed – thats to say , if he was killed at 11:55am he wont respawn till 1:25pm to 1:55pm . When lake doric first came out – he was trouble for me to get a time schedule worked out and there seemed to be a lack of details on his spawn but after talking with other coms who did the runs regular we managed to work out spawn times but that only worked if ppl knew when he was killed last on that instance otherwise its a case of having to watch for him whilst doing tower runs then announcing ( yes some of us coms are nice enough to announce he`s up an loop bk to centaur camp to pick up ppl needing sage then doing him ) . Szu – there are still coms doing the tower runs but its a case of finding a map with little or no engis camp farming – we coms like large squads and its hard to get a big squad when engis have a squad ( no offence to engis as its their only gd farm in the whole game sadly ) . Keep checking LFG or place a lfg looking for tower/hill runs is all i can suggest as we will place lfg when doing them.

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The reason why sage isnt on any event timer is simple ( and something anyone who runs the tower leather farm should know – note i said runs not taking part in ) sage is the only boss in lake doric who is on a different timer . All other events / bosses in lake doric have preset times where sage run on a timer that starts upon his death . His timer runs something along the lines of 90 – 120 mins from when he was last killed – thats to say , if he was killed at 11:55am he wont respawn till 1:25pm to 1:55pm . When lake doric first came out – he was trouble for me to get a time schedule worked out and there seemed to be a lack of details on his spawn but after talking with other coms who did the runs regular we managed to work out spawn times but that only worked if ppl knew when he was killed last on that instance otherwise its a case of having to watch for him whilst doing tower runs then announcing ( yes some of us coms are nice enough to announce he`s up an loop bk to centaur camp to pick up ppl needing sage then doing him ) . Szu – there are still coms doing the tower runs but its a case of finding a map with little or no engis camp farming – we coms like large squads and its hard to get a big squad when engis have a squad ( no offence to engis as its their only gd farm in the whole game sadly ) . Keep checking LFG or place a lfg looking for tower/hill runs is all i can suggest as we will place lfg when doing them.

Okay, thank you for clarification. Thought it might be something like this.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Those Giant Hands

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

People used to farm for leather all the way up the Fallen Watchtower. Now everyone just farms at the bottom with turrets and minions, even after the engi nerf. Pretty frustrating for people who need the achievement or the point of interest.

I agree in regard of the achievement. But the POI can easily be reached solo with almost any profession. There is an alterantive path up the rocks, you just have to dodge and protect yourself on the last few meters.