Those annoying roots

Those annoying roots

in Living World

Posted by: Kronohoron.9182

Kronohoron.9182

I think everyone might has allready been in touch with those tiny grasping vines that spawn mid fight from nowhere. I am getting constantly downed and killed by them, when doing any modrem related events. They follow you around, doing 1k/second each and stack if you don’t move. And only two of them can be dodged. They also can’t be destroyed somehow and they even spawn on you when you are already stealthed. I don’t know how you guys feel about this but I find them to be increasingly annoying. Especially since they seem to be an unavoidable field effect. It makes a joke of all the positioning and dodging that originally made the Gw2 fighting mechanic cool and special.

Those annoying roots

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I hate them also.
As a tip, you can interrupt the enemy that is casting them so they stop their persistent eating away at your heels. That has been my experience anyway. Once I see the roots pop up and eat at me I interrupt the big flower looking thrasher and they immediately go away.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Those annoying roots

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It’s the Leeching Thrasher, if I’m not mistaken. So get rid of that one first, and the roots are gone. I tend to interrupt the Thrashers as often as possible, especially when I see them putting their roots into the ground.

Those annoying roots

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

It’s the Leeching Thrasher, if I’m not mistaken.

That would be correct. Deal with them first always, burn them down, and all your problems will seemingly go away. And death/murder is the best CC.

Those annoying roots

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Always kill the Thrashers first, whether Leeching or the other variety. They are by far the most dangerous of all the Mordrem mobs.

After the Thrashers, I take out the Wolves (since they’re quite fragile and die quickly), followed by the Tendrils, and finally the Husks.