Too much Single-Player content

in Living World

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

I’m giving this a no, I cannot complete Zhaitan on any more characters as no one wants to help, so its stuck on my list forever.

NO THANKS to forced group content.

in Living World

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

They should just have an exploration mode for all the LS instances which are 5man for the less casual gamers so people who still wish to solo or team up with a family or a friend can still do the relatively easy content without any stress.

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

I’m giving this a no, I cannot complete Zhaitan on any more characters as no one wants to help, so its stuck on my list forever.

NO THANKS to forced group content.

My suggestion gives everyone a choice. If you read my posts you will learn why Gw2 needs group content.

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I did everything in parties.

Why didn’t you?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Imo, we should be able to do story content solo. I’d like to experience the story on my own pace.

There is plenty of group content to go around.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I am inclined to agree with Windu and the rest. I already have to rely on other people to do most Dry Top achivements, at least allow me to do storyline on my own if I want to.

I am looking at you, Victory or Death.

in Living World

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

Definite No. It is possible already to do it in a party; requiring a party to complete it is taking options away and restricting and annoying.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

in Living World

Posted by: DistantStatic.6098

DistantStatic.6098

ITT: People who bought an MMORPG and made a hostile take over to make it a Co-op game in as many aspects as humanly possible.

This game was made for group work. Go play Skyrim or something if you want some solo content. Also, for the person who said the game caters towards solo players, that’s because enough people who bought this game wanting to play a single player game complained enough.

For the people who compare the LS dungeons to the Zhaitan dungeon: The amount of people doing the LS is extraordinarily larger than those looking to do the Zhaitan dungeon. The reason getting a group for the last PS dungeon is “hard” (everytime i’ve tried i get a group within 5-10minutes so idk what you’re saying) is that lack of people trying to complete it. As stated before, that is not the case here

On the topic of it locks available options and make them restricting: Making it single player makes it extremely limiting due to the lack of players available to complete actions at the same time. Meaning, things like puzzles and boss mechanics have to be severely dumbed down so that one single person can complete it. Doing this reduces any sort of replay value in the content to oblivion.

All in all, this living story is not challenging whatsoever, and as far as arenanet has proven, the solo content they create in this game requires no brains or coordination to complete compared to the group living story dungeons that they made in LS1 that did require at least SOME effort.

Now, I am not completely unreasonable. Making an alternate version of a dungeon specifically for 5 man groups and another for casual players who want a simple auto attack story seems like the best course of action. Make it an achievement to complete the 5 man dungeon and throw some alternate story content in there as well (maybe some extra lore?). The single player people can catch up on it on youtube videos if they so please.

Point is, this is an MMORPG not a casual Town-Hub RPG.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually this game was made with the ability of CHOICE.

Every single part of the Personal Story (except the last one) had the CHOICE to play solo or in group.

Most most events out in the world have the CHOICE of playing solo or as a group.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

DistantStatic.6098

Actually this game was made with the ability of CHOICE.

Every single part of the Personal Story (except the last one) had the CHOICE to play solo or in group.

Most most events out in the world have the CHOICE of playing solo or as a group.

The PERSONAL story, was not meant for groups except at certain points. Considering the missions were completely different for everyone. It’s not a choice. Anyone who joins you doesn’t get anything for helping. Just because you CAN do it with other people, doesn’t mean it was really meant for other people to join you. Considering 90% of the PERSONAL story (see how I keep emphasizing personal? Cus it’s your own? i.e. single?) is small groups of summon mobs and going back and forth between talking to people.

And re-read my point about group play. You’re going in circles.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

in Living World

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

Anyone who joins you doesn’t get anything for helping. Just because you CAN do it with other people, doesn’t mean it was really meant for other people to join you. Considering 90% of the PERSONAL story (see how I keep emphasizing personal? Cus it’s your own? i.e. single?) is small groups of summon mobs and going back and forth between talking to people.

Players following the same storyline who assist you in yours can choose to accept the same outcome or replay the mission to make their own choices.

As for the “personal” part… if tomorrow the name was changed to story journal part 1 for race arc then part 2 for order arc and so on, it will change nothing (game play wise). Its just a name. Whats meant or intended makes no difference whatsoever… its all about whats possible.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

in Living World

DistantStatic.6098

Anyone who joins you doesn’t get anything for helping. Just because you CAN do it with other people, doesn’t mean it was really meant for other people to join you. Considering 90% of the PERSONAL story (see how I keep emphasizing personal? Cus it’s your own? i.e. single?) is small groups of summon mobs and going back and forth between talking to people.

Players following the same storyline who assist you in yours can choose to accept the same outcome or replay the mission to make their own choices.

As for the “personal” part… if tomorrow the name was changed to story journal part 1 for race arc then part 2 for order arc and so on, it will change nothing (game play wise). Its just a name. Whats meant or intended makes no difference whatsoever… its all about whats possible.

You get credit for the story if you were doing the same exact mission. If your friend was human and you were doing the asuran tier, they will not get credit. Credit is only given if you are on the same exact mission and considering how many different choices there are that affect the actual missions given to you, it is hard to even find someone doing the mission as well. Furthermore, the missions are built around a SINGLE player. meaning, there is not a single thing that requires coordination with a separate person to even make it slightly easier. All they do is buff monster hp or raise monster tiers. Whoopie. So fun. Definitely not worth going in as a group. None of the story missions are made any easier, or more interesting by having group members around, in fact it is the opposite. Then people complain that there is no point in having any type of armor for PvE other than zerker gear.

I’ll also bring up Guild Wars 1 for an example on how they had different tiers of completion for each mission. Yes, you could run the story alone with henchmen, but if you ran as a group it made it much more feasible to obtain master rank on the missions and earn extra rewards and points towards a title track.—-THERE IS NONE OF THIS HERE—-

Again, just because it is possible to bring 4 other people into an instance does not make it group content.

Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Definitely missing some of the old large zerg contents in PvE.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Living World

Anmida.4058

None of the story missions are made any easier, or more interesting by having group members around, in fact it is the opposite.

While I agree with the general context and arguments of your post, just wanted to highlight that most Personal Storyline beyond and including The Battle for Claw Island does in fact become much more entertaining and smooth by having numerous party members involved. Generally a duo or trio will have a smoother, more balanced ride than a solo attempt, even if it’s perfectly do-able solo. Have done the Personal Storyline up to Victory or Death seven times, and up to A Light Before Darkness ten times! Just in case it may come of as me just throwing facts at random.

in Living World

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I agree with you HiddenNick. Quite frankly I’m getting a bit tired of people who buy and play a MMO yet don’t want to play with others and have everything catered to them. I’ve seen too many get far too upset at people who like group content having anything made for them (which is quite hypocritical…) This is a problem all MMOs have.

But of course compromise is always best. It would be cool if ANet could somehow make a solo and group version of these. The solo versions being what we have now, but the group ones changing the fights up a bit to facilitate more players. The problem with these story missions is that they don’t really facilitate replay. So what we really need are extra dungeons/raids/instanced encounters for 5-10-12ish people. I don’t agree with locking group-phobic people out of the main storyline, but dungeons with side stories or extras (such as Underworld, Domain of Anguish or all the EotN dungeons in GW1) would be very appreciated by the rest of us.

in Living World

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

OP is wrong.

There isn’t too much single player content. There is a good balance between multiplayer and singleplayer content.

OP feels there is too much single player content because there is virtually almost no singleplayer content in LS1.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

ITT: People who bought an MMORPG and made a hostile take over to make it a Co-op game in as many aspects as humanly possible.

This game was made for group work. Go play Skyrim or something if you want some solo content. Also, for the person who said the game caters towards solo players, that’s because enough people who bought this game wanting to play a single player game complained enough.

For the people who compare the LS dungeons to the Zhaitan dungeon: The amount of people doing the LS is extraordinarily larger than those looking to do the Zhaitan dungeon. The reason getting a group for the last PS dungeon is “hard” (everytime i’ve tried i get a group within 5-10minutes so idk what you’re saying) is that lack of people trying to complete it. As stated before, that is not the case here

On the topic of it locks available options and make them restricting: Making it single player makes it extremely limiting due to the lack of players available to complete actions at the same time. Meaning, things like puzzles and boss mechanics have to be severely dumbed down so that one single person can complete it. Doing this reduces any sort of replay value in the content to oblivion.

All in all, this living story is not challenging whatsoever, and as far as arenanet has proven, the solo content they create in this game requires no brains or coordination to complete compared to the group living story dungeons that they made in LS1 that did require at least SOME effort.

Now, I am not completely unreasonable. Making an alternate version of a dungeon specifically for 5 man groups and another for casual players who want a simple auto attack story seems like the best course of action. Make it an achievement to complete the 5 man dungeon and throw some alternate story content in there as well (maybe some extra lore?). The single player people can catch up on it on youtube videos if they so please.

Point is, this is an MMORPG not a casual Town-Hub RPG.

or how about you don’t play the instance content.

I enjoy the instance content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Living World

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

There’s enough content that requires group play. I played WOW for years and I honestly became weary of the constant grouping for raids because there was literally no other way to “enjoy” the game after level 80…

I have yet to complete my PS on any of my 6 level 80 characters, because I guess I arrived late and anybody who has done the last story dungeon does not want to do it again. Why, after soloing my way through this PS, should I be required to find a group to complete it? Not to mention that this particular story instance is apparently not one that invites re playability.

There’s lots of dungeons and lots of open group play in the game, in PVE, PVP, and WvW. Let me complete my PS and LS stories without having to look for a group.

Just my 2 cents…

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

There’s lots of dungeons and lots of open group play in the game, in PVE, PVP, and WvW. Let me complete my PS and LS stories without having to look for a group.

We are talking only about PvE here…

Most of the dungeons are two years old now and only few paths are played more frequently. Most of the group events aren’t challenging. They just require more then few people to complete.

And no one want’s to take away single player versions of LS story. I just want a group version of some of the instances added (like Concordia or latest Ascalon boss fight).

It’s not only about how we prefer to play… It’s also about that the story instances are short and without high replayability value. But it’s also a majority of the content we get. And I don’t think that any MMO should focus on such content.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But you are ignoring that you CAN do them in groups, which DOES increase the difficulty.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Anmida.4058

Aside from all the kittenslapping and “fact” hurling going on and whatnot, I am not really understanding what most people’s grasp is regarding the whole “Why purchase an MMO if you don’t want to do massive zerg rush/open world content” thing.

A basic, comprehensive list of reasons one may want to join an MMORPG community without having any interest in the “massive” content;
-Playing with a select group of friends; Despite people’s arguments where “there are games specially catered for this”, the fact is, there are only a handful, and only last so long.
-Playing a particular setting, storyline or theme; This one is simple. If you can find me a singleplayer version of Guild Wars 2 with the possibility of my first point made, I will gladly remove both of these points, mind you.
-Enjoying the feeling of a community, not the feeling of a cluster; Enjoying a world that evolves and feels alive around you does not equate to enjoying having to -rely- on people’s interests and availbility to successfully complete activities.
-Enjoying the challenge of coordinated gameplay; … Which most zerg content, the kind tended to be linked towards Living World updates, does not satisfy at all. Other content such as Tequatl, The Wurm, Pvp Tournaments, etc, do however, and therefore a clash of interests where players are dissillussioned when the updates tend to not be this kind, but instead button spamming and stacking, surfaces.

There are many other minor examples, generally closely related to particular aspects of the game’s development, or simply enjoying the idea of playing a game that will meet constant updates and changes.
While I understand whining over not getting your prefered kind of content regardless of which content it is, specially complaining over other people’s tastes, is ludicrous, well. There are many reasons by which people may enjoy to join an MMO community without wanting to rely on other people, or be subjected to zerg rushing. Their complaints, just as those that enjoy both of those things (For whichever reason.), are perfectly valid.

in Living World

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

*never enough single play content.

There are pleanty of dungeons, fractals, world events.. infact pretty much everything in this game which is group orientated.

As someone who prefers to play alone, I am very grateful that I can play through the lore without having to depend on other people. Now if they made a “hardmode” LS which you did need a group for then thats fine (and I’m pretty sure you can do the instanced in a party already O_o), as long as it’s always optional and I’m not forced to play through it with others.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

I’m giving this a giant hell no as I prefer to solo it. I had a hard time getting a group just to kill Zhaitan for PS and don’t want to have to deal with that again. I hope Anet completely ignores your request.

Did you even read my suggestions? Where did I wrote: I want that story instances are group only content?!

and I quote

But the story instances aren’t solo only, the scale with groups, just like Personal Story. So your point is moot.

Scaling does not resolve anything.

I’m asking for content that revolves around cooperation. Not just to be able to do something with other people.

if something “revolves around” something else, that means it requires that thing to function properly. Thus, if something revolves around cooperation, it requires that you are cooperating with something (someone else) ie, requires a group of 2+.

But anyway, solution: explorable modes that give bonus achievements, chance for interesting drops like mini’s, skins, or other LS items etc, maybe even some extra clarification or story tidbits that are not vital to the main story line. Core content: soloable, bonus content: unavailable in basic mode, requires group

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Any of the instances can be soloed, but they can also be done with up to a party of five, which scales in dificulty just like personal story. Also, this episode had many group events that may be soloed, but are deffinitly easier with more people, and, just like the instances, scale with more participents.